PDA

View Full Version : Burnt O2 wires

Arizona Vipers
06-09-2018, 03:30 PM
Another burnt O2 wires thread.. I was at the track did 1 lap and car went into limp mode. I posted the codes here- https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/21796-Need-help-with-codes-ASAP-please
Codes:
P0560
P0658
P2502

A few people said shorted 02 wires, they were right! The pics below are from the drivers side. My entire wiring harness has about 10 lbs of wrap on it, but the sleeve must have pulled down a bit right by the sensor, they melted then shorted and melted more.
Pics are below. A couple of questions. The two white wires are identical, so how would I know which ones to splice together?
Or if I replace the whole sensor/wiring, how long are those wires? Where does it go to? Can I get to it easily to replace the whole thing? Thanks!

stradman
06-10-2018, 06:15 AM
AZ, I have quadrupled my insulation everywhere. I think you need to do the same...

Arizona Vipers
06-10-2018, 10:10 AM
AZ, I have quadrupled my insulation everywhere. I think you need to do the same...

I've got more than anyone! LOL. My 10 lb estimation is wrong it's probably more like 20.

Arizona Vipers
06-10-2018, 10:11 AM
Ok, i talked to Arrow and they said I don't need to run any O2 sensors at all, so I just unplugged these. Car fired right up after replacing the fuses.
Is anyone else running no O2 sensors?

ViperPete
06-10-2018, 10:13 AM
Mine are still installed. Tuned with HP tuners. No issues here.

Jack B
06-10-2018, 12:11 PM
Ok, i talked to Arrow and they said I don't need to run any O2 sensors at all, so I just unplugged these. Car fired right up after replacing the fuses.
Is anyone else running no O2 sensors?

Starting with the HC there were no fuel trims, therefore, no need for O2 sensors.They are relying on a diff fuel map that is adjusted by MAF control. Perhaps Scott can add to this scheme

Pappy
06-10-2018, 12:41 PM
Starting with the HC there were no fuel trims, therefore, no need for O2 sensors.They are relying on a diff fuel map that is adjusted by MAF control. Perhaps Scott can add to this scheme

Jack B

Have you had a chance to monitor either EGTs or AFR (with a wideband O2) to see how the AFRs look with changing conditions (IAT, density altitude)? Do you need a re-tune with a big altitude change, or can the MAF handle that?

Pappy

Jack B
06-10-2018, 04:47 PM
Jack B

Have you had a chance to monitor either EGTs or AFR (with a wideband O2) to see how the AFRs look with changing conditions (IAT, density altitude)? Do you need a re-tune with a big altitude change, or can the MAF handle that?

Pappy

Excellent question, some points:

1. O2's only influence AF at partial throttle and/or under approx 3500 rpm.

2. Pre HC the AF at WOT was predictable, post HC it has not been predictable. One possibility is a marginal fuel pump. I just changed mine.

3. At partial throttle the AF is 12-13, the greater the pedal the closer it gets to 13. At idle and very light pedal it is at 12.

I am getting close to a dyno session, the problem is, that probably is not a good gauge like a 1/4 or 1/2 mile event. My point, not a good test for the new pump.