PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Upgrade

TRH62
06-08-2018, 08:08 AM
Looking to replace my clutch to a more stronger performance brand than what was provided from the manufacture. I do a little drag strip racing with buddies of mine from time to time and think I really need to upgrade. Since I really just baby it most of the time but when I do get on it hard from a standstill I smell the clutch. I'd like to know what my options are at this point. Anyone that has done this to their G5 I'd sure like some insight on this subject. Mine is a 2013 GTS.

Thanks

99RT10
06-08-2018, 08:34 AM
Call Matt at Spec. Viper owners, clutch guru

TRH62
06-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the contact info.

Vipes
06-08-2018, 02:05 PM
I think most go with the Nth triple carbon disk. I don’t have it yet but others claim it drives like stock with no chatter at idle. It’s a little pricey and maybe overkill for what you’re looking for but will last forever. I’ve seen some of the other options fail pretty quick.

FIVESTAR
06-08-2019, 02:55 AM
Anything but centerforce

Back In Black
06-10-2019, 11:29 AM
I think most go with the Nth triple carbon disk. I don’t have it yet but others claim it drives like stock with no chatter at idle. It’s a little pricey and maybe overkill for what you’re looking for but will last forever. I’ve seen some of the other options fail pretty quick.

Totally agree. I resisted too long. Bite the bullet and you won't regret it.

Steakfeast
06-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Totally agree. I resisted too long. Bite the bullet and you won't regret it.

How much is it?

Vipes
06-27-2019, 12:51 PM
How much is it?

3,975 (https://www.nthmoto.com/viper-triple-carbon-clutch) Having mine put in this week, can't wait! Stock clutch gave out on me pretty quick launching on drag radials.

Steakfeast
07-12-2019, 01:37 AM
3,975 (https://www.nthmoto.com/viper-triple-carbon-clutch) Having mine put in this week, can't wait! Stock clutch gave out on me pretty quick launching on drag radials.

Thanks for the info! I did a few launches (stock clutch) and the smell brought back lots of memories from high school, haha.

I'm also getting Nth triple carbon later this month. As well as a Pfitzner sequential! :car-smiley-003: