PDA

View Full Version : NY CT Viper Owners Autocross Day At Lime Rock Park AUGUST 4

SlateEd
05-28-2018, 08:22 PM
I'm just going to leave this here.....

Saturday August 4. Lime Rock AutoX.

http://www.nyctvoa.org/autox2018.html (http://www.nyctvoa.org/autox2018.html)

thetalonguy
06-04-2018, 04:24 PM
Hell Yea! I'm in...I may even try to keep the car off the grass this year!

ViperTony
06-04-2018, 06:41 PM
Hell Yea! I'm in...I may even try to keep the car off the grass this year!

You're fine, its the ones that drive into the marbles we need to be on the lookout. Bastards.

SlateEd
06-10-2018, 06:21 PM

http://www.nyctvoa.org/autox2018.html (http://www.nyctvoa.org/autox2018.html)

The List:

SlateEd
ACRSteve
Ryan King
Dutch
GTS-14 (Western Reserve VOA)
00VPRGTS
TheTalonGuy
ViperTony
RayCash
Pist0n
RedVenom
Rich777
Dennis
Tim (New England VOA)
Boba Fett
Joe
Elliot
EdJaz

00VPRGTS
06-14-2018, 08:27 AM
All signed up!!!

thetalonguy
06-14-2018, 11:11 AM
Signed up... Tony's bringing the pre-bagged marbles. Throw 'em in uphill Turn 2 and watch the fun ensue.

ViperTony
06-14-2018, 12:30 PM
Signed up... Tony's bringing the pre-bagged marbles. Throw 'em in uphill Turn 2 and watch the fun ensue.

In. But I ran out of marbles....no worries, Dennis always seems to find them. ;)

99ACR
06-14-2018, 06:35 PM
Tony, there is no doubt I’m going to
Kick your ass this year. On the track and
On autocross!

Dennis

00VPRGTS
06-15-2018, 01:26 PM
On autocross!

Dennis

LOL how? By dropping your marbles out of your car?

ViperTony
06-15-2018, 10:33 PM
On autocross!

Dennis

So your goal this year is to avoid having me pass you on the same lap, twice, got it. #Winning

SlateEd
06-16-2018, 08:46 AM
So your goal this year is to avoid having me pass you on the same lap, twice, got it. #Winning

Haha... I feel like we need to have 2 threads for this event... one for signup and one for Trash Talking

ACR Steve
06-18-2018, 12:35 PM
All paid cant wait

Pist0n
06-21-2018, 12:00 PM
Registered!

Boba Fett
06-22-2018, 07:53 PM
in/paid

SlateEd
07-16-2018, 07:07 PM
Bump for sign-ups. More than half the seats are gone folks... don't forget to use our signup link ASAP

http://www.nyctvoa.org/autox2018.html

ACR Steve
07-23-2018, 04:17 PM
Bump - This event has sold out last 2 years and then we have a wait list . Sign up now don't risk loosing a spot

cubeman
07-23-2018, 05:59 PM
I'm In

SlateEd
07-30-2018, 07:43 PM
guys - tell your friends... we have a few spots left so now is the time to sign up!

remember - the event is rain-or-shine, but we've never had a full day get wet. When it's wet for part of the day you get even more car control practice and it's a lot of fun!!!

ACR Steve
07-31-2018, 04:41 PM
Weather should be great . Small chance of late day after we are done but each day we get closer it looks better and better.

Don't wait it will sell out and I guarantee you will be a lot safer on the street after you attend

Boba Fett
08-01-2018, 05:37 AM
guys - tell your friends... we have a few spots left so now is the time to sign up!

remember - the event is rain-or-shine, but we've never had a full day get wet. When it's wet for part of the day you get even more car control practice and it's a lot of fun!!!

non member, ok?

SlateEd
08-01-2018, 07:14 AM
non member, ok?

It's not open to the 'public' per se, but someone you know personally and is not an idiot, totally fine.

The non-members signup price is 30 bucks higher... still a very good deal. They can use the same link.

raycash2185
08-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Hey if i have to show up late like 9 10 11ish, would what cause any problems?

SlateEd
08-01-2018, 08:54 PM

Hi Ray - Not a problem, no. Just expect that we may take a little time to fold you in when you arrive - one of us will go out in the car with you to walk through the stuff that happened in the drivers meeting at 8:30.

When we get close to 11:30am the open session will get paused for taking individual runs at the time trial, so definitely try to get there by 10 so you get a little track time before that starts. We go back to open sessions after lunch so no worries if you miss the morning.

Either way, don't miss the whole day just because you need to miss part... you're going to LOVE this!!

ViperTony
08-02-2018, 06:15 PM

The penalty would be that you have to follow Dennis around the track which means follow him through the grass and marbles.

ViperTony
08-02-2018, 06:45 PM
Are we doing dinner at the end of the day?

Red venom
08-02-2018, 11:05 PM
Do they still do time challenge in the rain? Do you get
time shaved off for slick conditions? Or at least an asterisk next to your time?
I will have to put spikes in my driving shoes.

99ACR
08-03-2018, 05:06 PM
Always worried about putting food in!

SlateEd
08-03-2018, 09:46 PM
Are we doing dinner at the end of the day?

We don't have a formal plan, as people tend to leave on their own schedule and head home for the evening.

Having said that, if you stay around until the very end, the few of us who are left are typically starving and heading right for a restaurant :-)

SlateEd
08-03-2018, 09:47 PM
Do they still do time challenge in the rain? Do you get
time shaved off for slick conditions? Or at least an asterisk next to your time?
I will have to put spikes in my driving shoes.

They'll do time challenge in any weather, but to be making competitive times for "the list" we will need to find a dry moment. That shouldn't be too hard, and Steve and I will work with the Lime Rock staff to make sure they're ready to run timing when the weather is best....

but I still think you should get spikes for your driving shoes, ya know... just because :-)

SlateEd
08-04-2018, 08:59 PM
Thank you all for coming out today! The weather was rough on arrival, but it sure did turn around. I hope you all had a blast and learned even more about your car's handling.

I'm extremely proud of this group for 2 big reasons:

1. There were no crashes, incidents, no idiotic behavior, etc. We always seem to take it just seriously enough to be completely safe while having fun with it.

2. As you know, Lime Rock maintains its own list of the top times on the lower autocross short course. Once again, our event obliterates the list for other clubs :-)
as of Yesterday, there were 182 drivers already on the list.
Today, we took 8 of the top 20 spots for this year-to-date. (and 10 of the top 30)
That includes drivers of Gen 2, 3, 4, and 5

It's a point of pride for your club -- the Viper is not really the ideal car for such a small track, but you all have been dedicated to getting better at it every year, we have outstanding support and guidance from ACR Steve (Thank You!!), and it shows in the times.
The entire Lime Rock list has gotten faster every year, and even amidst that we take a bigger bite of the top 20.

Cheers everyone and enjoy your Sunday-

Pist0n
08-05-2018, 06:23 AM
Thank you for a safety-focused, well organized, affordable event! Taking advantage of Ryan and Steve’s instruction is without a doubt the biggest value of the VOA event. They have helped my driving a tremendous amount over the past four years and I leave each time with helpful tips that I otherwise would have never figured out on my own. Also, thank you for the munchkins, coffee, water, and cone trophies. Such an awesome time.

ViperTony
08-05-2018, 09:38 AM
Thanks for putting on yet another great autocross!!!

raycash2185
08-05-2018, 08:34 PM
Thank you all for a great time had so much fun testing my limits with the car, i was nowhere close to the cars limits but it was awesome practicing...thanks again

thetalonguy
08-06-2018, 09:42 AM
What a great day! Although we had some inclement weather in the morning travel, the car Gods once again pushed off the rain by the time the track was hot.

A big thanks to Steve for running an extremely smooth event, providing his excellent coaching and keeping everyone SAFE! Thanks to Ed and Courtney for all the legwork that goes on to make this event possible! A big thank to Ryan for his coaching contribution as well!

I believe everyone had a blast and had plenty of seat time. I love seeing how well the 1st time AutoX'ers progress from the beginning of the day until the end.

Dennis said something about adding a second to Steve's time and deducting it from his time. Something about a marble penalty or something...Just keep an eye on that.

As I say every year...Can we do it again next weekend? :)

ACR Steve
08-06-2018, 11:29 AM
Great job to everyone

It couldn't have gone better . We had a wet track for an hour . Perfect warm up for car control . The track dried around 10:30 and some serious lapping began . You guys showed what sets the Viper club apart from all the others .

You guys drove amazing . Really fast and really in control on a track that was never intended for our big fast cars . Lets see the Corvette club or any other car club do what we do :)

Big thanks to Ed and Courtney for there guidance and organization as always. Ryan and everyone else that coached others and helped out with keeping track of the session timing we couldn't have done it with out you guys .
Big thanks to Tim from way up north and GTS-14 all the way from Ohio for coming out to play with NY/CT

This has really become one of my favorite track days of the year big thanks to everyone that attended . Hopefully everyone left yesterday with a little more skills to make them safer out on the street

P.S. Dennis payback is a bitch my friend :)

SlateEd
08-10-2018, 05:38 AM
If you guys took any awesome photos, please email them to me... I'm going to finally get this thing compiled into an article for the Quarterly.

thetalonguy
08-10-2018, 12:45 PM
Here are just a handful that I snapped.

ACR Steve
08-13-2018, 05:34 PM
8 Vipers in top 30 (top 30 invited to shoot out ) Zero Corvettes in top 30 :) Go Viper

Not bad for a car that was never designed to be an auto x standout . It shows how versatile our cars are .

http://limerock.com/sites/default/files/www.limerock.com/2018%20Autocross%20Standings_0.pdf

Pist0n
08-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Ed, did you still have a picture of the times? They input my best incorrectly as 18.7x as opposed to my 18.55. I was hoping to have evidence with an email. Thanks!

thetalonguy
08-14-2018, 12:20 PM
Damn Tony!! You're flying! Great work! Same to all the others in Top 30; absolutely amazing!

SlateEd
08-15-2018, 02:42 PM
Ed, did you still have a picture of the times? They input my best incorrectly as 18.7x as opposed to my 18.55. I was hoping to have evidence with an email. Thanks!

just sent you an email.

Great job everyone! Now the list is out to 244 drivers and we have a great concentration at the top :-)

SlateEd
08-15-2018, 02:43 PM
8 Vipers in top 30 (top 30 invited to shoot out ) Zero Corvettes in top 30 :) Go Viper

Not bad for a car that was never designed to be an auto x standout . It shows how versatile our cars are .

http://limerock.com/sites/default/files/www.limerock.com/2018%20Autocross%20Standings_0.pdf

Haha Steve, Zero Corvettes in the top 30 :-)

There usually are a few C6 guys in there, but it looks like Chevy's top dog now is the Camaro Z L blahblah spec.

ViperTony
08-16-2018, 05:52 PM
Damn Tony!! You're flying! Great work! Same to all the others in Top 30; absolutely amazing!

We still have two months to go and this list will change but I don't see anyone touching Steve, LOL. I hope we get a great representation of Vipers at the Shoot Out. I'm going back to an open auto cross day in September. I could do better but made too many mistakes and its just making me nuts. This is very addicting.

SlateEd
10-28-2018, 08:38 PM
The rain didn't stop Lime Rock from hosting the top 20 finals Saturday 10/27...

We had 6 VOA members finish in the top 15 spots... 3 drove Vipers and 3 (wisely) brought something else :-)
No other club has such saturation at the top Great job everyone!!

There's no question the kind of practice, instruction, and passion we have for that place have elevated the level of safety our members take with them back out on the streets.