PDA

View Full Version : Insurance question for your Floridians

repiV
05-13-2018, 11:36 AM
I'm in the process of moving to Florida from Iowa. I've been working down there since Jan 1st and have a place rented in Holiday for now. I've moved the motorcycles down, my car hauler is there most of the time and I'm using my Ram for work there. I'm taking the Viper down this week so I'm getting to a place where I need to start changing over registrations and insurance on a few of my vehicles.

I've been with American Family for over 20 years for all my cars and toys and my house but they don't insure in Florida so I'm going to have to start over.

I see Geico and Progressive advertising all over the place in Florida. Any suggestions on who to go with or who to stay away from?

Ideally I'd like to have everything including the house with one insurer like I do now if that's possible.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

98intrigue
05-13-2018, 11:57 AM
Holiday? I’m about 45 mins south in Clearwater.

I had Geico. They dropped me as soon as they paid out on a $11k no fault claim.
Then I went to National Corvette Museum. It was cheap, but too many restrictions for me.
I went back to Geico after I bought another Viper since that’s who I had insured my daily with and it was easier having 1 policy.
I shopped around about a year ago and have been with Auto Owners since. I may be moving to Grundy soon because they have an agreed value.

ViperPete
05-13-2018, 01:02 PM
We use Southern Auto Owners Insurance through The Villages Insurance for all our cars. They were by far the most aggressive on the premiums.
I have 7 vehicles insured 100/300 full coverage and my monthly is $383. The 1969 Mustang is with Hagerty at an agreed value. I may at some point switch the Viper to Hagerty for the agreed value I just hate paying for insurance in one lump sum...

Ask for Joshua Voorhees
352-751-6622

repiV
05-13-2018, 05:47 PM
Holiday? I’m about 45 mins south in Clearwater.

I had Geico. They dropped me as soon as they paid out on a $11k no fault claim.
Then I went to National Corvette Museum. It was cheap, but too many restrictions for me.
I went back to Geico after I bought another Viper since that’s who I had insured my daily with and it was easier having 1 policy.
I shopped around about a year ago and have been with Auto Owners since. I may be moving to Grundy soon because they have an agreed value.

Yea Holiday isn't ideal for work but it's a nice temporary location. I had to take what I could find looking for a furnished rental with a garage on a short term deal. 45 minutes south....you must be just north or just south of the 275 bridge? As soon as my house in Iowa sells we can get serious about buying in Florida and we're thinking somewhere south of Tampa and north of Ft. Myers but so far we're not finding what we want.

Thanks for the insurance info! It sounds like I need to check out Auto Owners. Do they do houses and boats too?

We use Southern Auto Owners Insurance through The Villages Insurance for all our cars. They were by far the most aggressive on the premiums.
I have 7 vehicles insured 100/300 full coverage and my monthly is $383. The 1969 Mustang is with Hagerty at an agreed value. I may at some point switch the Viper to Hagerty for the agreed value I just hate paying for insurance in one lump sum...

Ask for Joshua Voorhees
352-751-6622

Thanks for the info! I'm assuming Southern Auto Owners is the same Auto Owners that 98intrigue is talking about? That's some pretty good rates! That's less than I pay now with American Family and Iowa is supposed to be much cheaper than Florida so that sounds pretty promising.

I do sales all over Florida so I get to both of you guys' neck of the woods pretty frequently.

lmn
05-23-2018, 01:12 PM
I am up in the Gainesville area. American Collectors on the Viper at agreed value. USAA on the rest.