PDA

View Full Version : Tail of the Dragon - GET ON BOARD NOW!

Brian GTS
02-14-2014, 01:06 PM
Hello Carolina VOA members,

TIME TO GET ON BOARD for the Tail of the Dragon event!!!

The time is here to book your hotel for one of the most prominent events of the year!!! We had so much fun at this event last year I vouched never to miss it again. It's like a mini "VOI". :)

Joel from AL/TN has just announced that the official "Viper" hotel (Greystone Lodge) for the Tail of the Dragon event has just opened up for bookings!!! If you plan to attend or even considering it, I HIGHLY recommend making your reservation ASAP. We had over 50 cars last year and they expect it may be 75 or more this year....so rooms are going to fill up quick! This hotel is a great place to stay with covered parking, security, and conveniently located in downtown Gatlinburg.

I also recommend booking a room for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. Last year, we drove up on Friday and missed the Dragon run and some other activities. Craig informed me the price is only $98 for Thurs and $107 for Fri-Sat (May 29, 30, 31).

Joel's Post: http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/2157-Tail-of-the-Dragon-Update-aka-Something-to-Think-About-While-Snowbound

Please post up here if you can make it so we can plan the caravans!!!

SO looking forward to this!

Brian, Mike, Craig, Seth, & Chris
Your Carolinas VOA Team

No hemi
02-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Yep, just called and booked, i'll be driving up on the 29th, are we meeting like last year? in asheville?

billp
02-14-2014, 03:46 PM
ok! booked Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night building B.:drive:

Brian GTS
02-14-2014, 04:23 PM
All booked myself! Can't wait!

C.J
02-14-2014, 09:31 PM
Booked for Thurs, Fri, Sat nights! I'm ready for dry pavement!

Brian GTS
02-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Let the list begin! :) Those who have booked their rooms:

Angel
Bill
Craig
Paul
Mike
Jeremy
Brian

Mreeves
02-15-2014, 05:53 PM
I can't wait!!

SUB SONC
02-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Booked! I will be checking in on Thursday and checking out on Sunday.
I am definitely not missing it this year!

victoryman100
02-16-2014, 03:03 PM
TE=Brian GTS;32475]Let the list begin! :) Those who have booked their rooms:

Angel
Bill
Craig
Paul
Mike
Jeremy
Brian[/QUOTE]
Scott has too woo hoo :)

gutterworks129
02-16-2014, 09:08 PM
I am booked from Thursday till Sunday. "The Viper is cocked and loaded"...

Rush
02-17-2014, 11:52 AM
My wife and I will be there, arriving on the 29th. Just FYI, they mentioned that the "B" building does not have a parking garage, but the King Suite does face the parking lot. However, we are able to use the parking garage next door in "A" building. Also, they are renovating rooms in that building as well, and expect some of them to open in May.

See you there,
Ken (Rush), & Geri Walters

Brian GTS
02-17-2014, 12:27 PM
My wife and I will be there, arriving on the 29th. Just FYI, they mentioned that the "B" building does not have a parking garage, but the King Suite does face the parking lot. However, we are able to use the parking garage next door in "A" building. Also, they are renovating rooms in that building as well, and expect some of them to open in May.

See you there,
Ken (Rush), & Geri Walters

Great news! Thanks for posting the info Rush:

Updated list:

Angel
Bill
Craig
Paul
Mike
Jeremy
Rush
Brian

PatrickB
02-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Add me to the list; hoping Brittany can get it worked out so she can make it as well. Our room is booked in B building.

Looks like the Carolina group is heading up on Thursday; I can't be there until Friday unfortunately. Anyone not heading up until Friday let me know and maybe we can caravan up. Hate I'll miss the main caravan, that's one of my favorite parts!

Joel
02-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Parking in the covered areas should not be a problem as parking is not restricted and there are 4 levels of covered parking. Having said that, parking is not reserved. There is a chance you will have to park your baby outside. I'm talking about the cars here...

Brian GTS
02-17-2014, 01:49 PM
Parking in the covered areas should not be a problem as parking is not restricted and there are 4 levels of covered parking. Having said that, parking is not reserved. There is a chance you will have to park your baby outside. I'm talking about the cars here...

Hey, thanks for the clarification Joel!

Updated list:

Angel
Bill
Craig
Paul
Mike
Jeremy
Rush
Patrick
Brian

SUB SONC
02-17-2014, 03:30 PM
Hey, thanks for the clarification Joel!

Updated list:

Angel
Bill
Craig
Paul
Mike
Jeremy
Rush
Patrick
Brian

Ill be there too! I am 7 rooms down from you Brian!

Brian GTS
02-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Ill be there too! I am 7 rooms down from you Brian!

Awesome Seth! Are you able to bring Bob?

Double digits...10!

Angel
Bill
Craig
Paul
Mike
Jeremy
Rush
Patrick
Seth
Brian

No hemi
02-17-2014, 05:18 PM
wow it's going to be good, it was just 5 of us last year(gotta include Janelle :D) and 4 cars, and now we have 10 cars so far!!!! woohooo, can't wait for it.!!

PatrickB
02-17-2014, 05:52 PM
wow it's going to be good, it was just 5 of us last year(gotta include Janelle :D) and 4 cars, and now we have 10 cars so far!!!! woohooo, can't wait for it.!!

Yep, I was going to say how good it was to see the Carolinas region stepping up and representing! The momentum from last year is carrying over into 2014 - it's great!

Brian GTS
02-18-2014, 09:40 AM
Our newest member, Jeff, is on board with the Dragon! Welcome Jeff!

Angel
Bill
Craig
Paul
Mike
Jeremy
Rush
Patrick
Seth
Jeff
Brian

SUB SONC
02-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Awesome Seth! Are you able to bring Bob?

Double digits...10!

Angel
Bill
Craig
Paul
Mike
Jeremy
Rush
Patrick
Seth
Brian

I don't think that Bob is going to want to miss this one. He talked a lot last year how much he would have enjoyed the Tail of the Dragon. He has rode it several times on his motorcycle.

Ninjakris
02-25-2014, 11:34 AM
Room booked!

Brian GTS
03-07-2014, 11:15 PM
Room booked!

Gosh Kristian, not sure how I missed your post, but I did! That's great! Glad you are joining us. This is going to be a great turnout for our region....tripled last years attendance already. :)

EDIT: Just added Al too! That's 13!

Angel
Bill
Craig
Paul
Mike
Jeremy
Rush
Patrick
Seth
Jeff
Kristian
Al
Brian

DaveW
03-15-2014, 10:31 PM
Brian,

I've reserved Thursday May 29 checking out on June 1st at the Greystone for the Dragon Run.

Dave

Brian GTS
03-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Brian,

I've reserved Thursday May 29 checking out on June 1st at the Greystone for the Dragon Run.

Dave

Terrific news! This is one of the best events of the year. You're going to love it. Up to 13! :)

Updated List:
Angel
Bill
Craig
Paul
Mike
Jeremy
Rush
Patrick
Seth
Jeff
Kristian
Al
Dave
Brian

gutterworks129
03-16-2014, 05:36 PM
Man, its looking good, going to be a great trip!

Ninjakris
03-16-2014, 06:25 PM
I'm pretty excited about this. I even have a buddy flying in from Oregon to enjoy the weekend as my copilot since my wife will be 6 months prego and doesn't want to deal with all the turns. It will be his first experience ever in a viper, and first trip ever to the east coast.

C.J
03-16-2014, 08:51 PM
If your buddy doesn't own a Viper, my guess is that after the ToD trip he'll be shopping for one!

Congrats! First child?

Brian GTS
03-16-2014, 10:08 PM
I'm pretty excited about this. I even have a buddy flying in from Oregon to enjoy the weekend as my copilot since my wife will be 6 months prego and doesn't want to deal with all the turns. It will be his first experience ever in a viper, and first trip ever to the east coast.

Awe, if he is a car guy, he is going to be going back west with a big grin on his face. We need one more car to have 10 more than we had last year. Lets do it. Anyone else? :)

Ninjakris
03-17-2014, 02:14 PM
CJ, yep its my first kid. I just got a recaro baby seat today that matches the vipers interior.

My buddy is a big car guy. He's part of the reason I like cars. He bought an early 70's Cuda' when we were both 19 and he has been slowly restoring it ever since. I think it should be done in a year or so.

DaveW
03-29-2014, 04:50 PM
Brian,

With the TOD being my first road trip with you guys, and it looks like about 15 Carolinas' Vipers are participating to date, I was wondering whether there's been any discussion regarding communications between convoy participants, other than cellphones. Cellphones are okay between a few people in areas of coverage, but I'm not so sure what it'll be like in the Smokies with 15 different people. Probably a bit of a conundrum... :o

I can research some 2-way radio options if you'd like. Some rentals are advertised at less than $2 a day, but probably have no bells and whistles such as FCC channels and hands free operation. It's nice to have the small earpieces that fit behind the ear and have a tiny clear tube that inserts into the ear and doesn't interfere with other sounds, nor do they have external mikes.

Let me know if there's any interest, or if there are other suggestions.

Going to be an awesome trip!

SUB SONC
03-29-2014, 04:57 PM
I have some BK radios at work. We can use them if the batteries will hold a charge because we never use them anymore. They do not have hands free or VOX.

C.J
03-29-2014, 06:57 PM
I've got a CB, but I'm not sure how well they work in the mountains. What is a BK radio?

DaveW
03-29-2014, 07:26 PM
How many are available? Might be a great opportunity! Are any single chargers or multiple position charging stations available, and/or extra batteries?

I've not had direct experience with BK's before, but they are great radios. My real-time experience is with Motorola's, but only because they command most all government contracts and have service/sales in most every city across the country.

Brian GTS
03-29-2014, 11:17 PM
Hey Dave....very good post. We never used radios last year, but it is a great idea. I have 4 Motorola 2-way radios we can use. However, if Seth's BK's will work, great! Otherwise, I can lend a few of mine out and maybe we can encourage members to buy a set or rent one? But they wouldn't necessarily have too.

Leslie
03-30-2014, 06:38 AM
RI am thinking about going, just trying to figure out my vacation time:)
Is there a holder/clip for the radios? All those turns, I might need both my hands haha!

J TNT
03-30-2014, 07:37 AM
Will be there , but on 2 wheels , sometimes 1 wheel !......lol ! :dropdev:
In September when the Winnebago's have gone home....lol ! ;)

No hemi
05-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Hey Brian It's getting close to this, are we meeting up on asheville on thursday like last year?, i think there might be 3 or 4 vipers coming up from my area, keep me posted so we can hook up with you guys.

Stretch
05-05-2014, 11:13 AM
RI am thinking about going, just trying to figure out my vacation time:)
Is there a holder/clip for the radios? All those turns, I might need both my hands haha!

I'd recommend one of the FBI looking ear piece things. I picked up a couple like Kevan had and they work great. Then you can hear what's going on and still have 2 hands on the steering wheel. I also clip the radio to the seatbelt on the passenger side so it doesn't fly everywhere.

If you drive down you can meet us in Cincinnati on the way. I've got a big group meeting there, including a few from Indianapolis and eastern Illinois.

J TNT
05-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Don't forget to check out "Hell's Bend !" Some of us like it better than the "Dragon" ;)

Brian GTS
05-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Hey Brian It's getting close to this, are we meeting up on asheville on thursday like last year?, i think there might be 3 or 4 vipers coming up from my area, keep me posted so we can hook up with you guys.

Hey Angel. Yes, we'll meet again in the Asheville area. Trying to get it all figured out this week!

SUB SONC
05-05-2014, 11:12 PM
You don't need an earpiece, you just need to grab a co-pilot. My charger can charge 8 BK radios at a time but they are a "line of sight" fm radio. I am not sure how well they will work around curves and mountains. Satellite communication would be best for that type of terrain but pretty difficult to come by outside of military aviation from what I understand.
I have about 20 of them at work, I will test the batteries on them this week to see if they are a viable option.

Brian GTS
05-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Okay, below is the itinerary for the event as posted by Joel from AL/TN. I would be interested to hear from those attending if they are wanting to arrive before the helicopter shoot at 1:00pm. If so, Raleigh and Charleston area members will need to leave no later than 6:00am to arrive my noon. Personally, I feel there is enough to do and would rather have a relaxing drive Thursday and arrive by 3:00pm or so. Please let me know.

Thursday May 29

Helicopter filming on 441N above Gatlinburg – 1:00 pm Driving time till afternoon for early birds. We will leave the hotel at 12:00 noon so we can be ready. First shot probably at the parking area above Gatlinburg.

Dinner at Doubletree Park Vista – great view of city and mountains, buffet dinner to include prime rib – special for us. Time to be 6:00 pm or thereabouts. Need to know if you are coming so we can make arrangements with the restaurant for seating.

Friday May 30

Meeting in Knoxville and other areas for Tail of the Dragon, Cherahola Skyway, drive to Gatlinburg. Breakfast in Knoxville at 8:00 am OR BEFORE. Start assembling cars at 8:45 am.

Leave Knoxville Campbell Station Area at 9:00 am. EST. Drive is about 90 miles to Tellico Plains.

Arrive Tellico Plains about 11:00-11:30. Break for gas and food and meet up with other groups. Leave for Gatlinburg no later than 12:30 pm. Possible stop at Deal’s Gap. Driving distance just over 100 miles.

Arrive in Gatlinburg about 3:30 – 4:00 pm. Check in Greystone Lodge.

Leave for Crystelle Creek Grill about 5-5:30 pm. Pick up t-shirts. Dinner about 6:30-7:00. Door prizes to be given away during this time. Announce plans and times for Saturday.

Saturday May 31

Leave for Douglas Lake and Ackley Party about 9:30 am. Police will block off lights to keep everyone together. Lunch provide by AL/TN Club.

Tail of the Dragon Round II group to leave at 10:00 am.

Return to hotel by late afternoon – freshen up before parade.

Parade lineup will start at 5:45 or 6:00 pm at staging area. Cars should stagger on road so the photographer can get each car individually. NOT side by side. Dinner at Cherokee Grill at about 6:30. Parking is set up behind the Cherokee Grill but some spillover might have to take place across the street. Unfortunately this is a pay lot and we will try to make arrangements. Return to hotel about 9:00 pm so individual merriment can begin.

Sunday June 1

Check out, check cars, say goodbye, and head home or drives around the area on your own. Smile all the way home and plan for coming back next year.

If you haven't already, please post up here once you book to let us know you are coming

SO looking forward to this! Get on board!

Members attending so far:
Angel & Eli
Bill & Elaine
Craig & Kiera
Paul & Joanie
Mike & Terri
Jeremy
Rush
Patrick & Brittany
Seth & Bob
Jeff
Kristian
Al & Kristy
Dave
Brian & Janelle

Your Carolinas VOA Team

No hemi
05-06-2014, 09:57 PM
I'm with you about arriving there at about 3 , i guess we'll meet about noonish in asheville?

Brian GTS
05-06-2014, 10:26 PM
I'm with you about arriving there at about 3 , i guess we'll meet about noonish in asheville?

Yea, that's what I'm thinking. We can do lunch like we did last year.

PatrickB
05-07-2014, 08:04 AM
Brittany and I aren't able to leave until mid-afternoon on Friday, so we *might* miss dinner at Crystelle Creek on Friday night. However, we're definitely heading out for some nightlife on Friday night and would be glad to have company if anyone wants to come! Hopefully there's some options within walking distance of the hotel.

No hemi
05-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Ok , Brian sounds like a plan, Patrick I'm down witht that!!!.

Brian GTS
05-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Brittany and I aren't able to leave until mid-afternoon on Friday, so we *might* miss dinner at Crystelle Creek on Friday night. However, we're definitely heading out for some nightlife on Friday night and would be glad to have company if anyone wants to come! Hopefully there's some options within walking distance of the hotel.

LOTS of stuff near the Hotel. In fact, everything is within walking distance. I want to visit the car museum again....that was fun last year.

Added Rich....that's 15!!!

Angel & Eli
Bill & Elaine
Craig & Kiera
Paul & Joanie
Mike & Terri
Jeremy
Rush
Patrick & Brittany
Seth & Bob
Jeff & Donna
Kristian
Al & Kristy
Dave
Rich
Brian & Janelle

TurboRich
05-14-2014, 02:07 PM
Okay, below is the itinerary for the event as posted by Joel from AL/TN. I would be interested to hear from those attending if they are wanting to arrive before the helicopter shoot at 1:00pm. If so, Raleigh and Charleston area members will need to leave no later than 6:00am to arrive my noon. Personally, I feel there is enough to do and would rather have a relaxing drive Thursday and arrive by 3:00pm or so. Please let me know.

Thursday May 29

Helicopter filming on 441N above Gatlinburg – 1:00 pm Driving time till afternoon for early birds. We will leave the hotel at 12:00 noon so we can be ready. First shot probably at the parking area above Gatlinburg.

Dinner at Doubletree Park Vista – great view of city and mountains, buffet dinner to include prime rib – special for us. Time to be 6:00 pm or thereabouts. Need to know if you are coming so we can make arrangements with the restaurant for seating.

Friday May 30

Meeting in Knoxville and other areas for Tail of the Dragon, Cherahola Skyway, drive to Gatlinburg. Breakfast in Knoxville at 8:00 am OR BEFORE. Start assembling cars at 8:45 am.

Leave Knoxville Campbell Station Area at 9:00 am. EST. Drive is about 90 miles to Tellico Plains.

Arrive Tellico Plains about 11:00-11:30. Break for gas and food and meet up with other groups. Leave for Gatlinburg no later than 12:30 pm. Possible stop at Deal’s Gap. Driving distance just over 100 miles.

Arrive in Gatlinburg about 3:30 – 4:00 pm. Check in Greystone Lodge.

Leave for Crystelle Creek Grill about 5-5:30 pm. Pick up t-shirts. Dinner about 6:30-7:00. Door prizes to be given away during this time. Announce plans and times for Saturday.

Saturday May 31

Leave for Douglas Lake and Ackley Party about 9:30 am. Police will block off lights to keep everyone together. Lunch provide by AL/TN Club.

Tail of the Dragon Round II group to leave at 10:00 am.

Return to hotel by late afternoon – freshen up before parade.

Parade lineup will start at 5:45 or 6:00 pm at staging area. Cars should stagger on road so the photographer can get each car individually. NOT side by side. Dinner at Cherokee Grill at about 6:30. Parking is set up behind the Cherokee Grill but some spillover might have to take place across the street. Unfortunately this is a pay lot and we will try to make arrangements. Return to hotel about 9:00 pm so individual merriment can begin.

Sunday June 1

Check out, check cars, say goodbye, and head home or drives around the area on your own. Smile all the way home and plan for coming back next year.

If you haven't already, please post up here once you book to let us know you are coming

SO looking forward to this! Get on board!

Members attending so far:
Angel & Eli
Bill & Elaine
Craig & Kiera
Paul & Joanie
Mike & Terri
Jeremy
Rush
Patrick & Brittany
Seth & Bob
Jeff
Kristian
Al & Kristy
Dave
Brian & Janelle

Your Carolinas VOA Team

Brain, so we'll have an opportunity to do the Dragon 129 Friday afternoon and Sat noon? What does this mean "Leave for Gatlinburg no later than 12:30 pm. Possible stop at Deal’s Gap. " So they'll be running the Dragon on their way to Gatlinburg? and maybe stopping at Deals Gap for a break but will be by there nonetheless? Also does this mean a group will be heading to the Dragon Sat morning also? "Tail of the Dragon Round II group to leave at 10:00 am."

BigBadViper
05-14-2014, 02:44 PM
You can add my name to the list, but unfortunately I will be driving my black car. I really do own a Viper though.

I got a room with double beds for $68 per night during the week and $77 on the weekend at the host hotel.

C.J
05-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Shawn, glad you can make it! BTW, how did you get such a screaming deal on the room rate?

BigBadViper
05-14-2014, 02:58 PM
Shawn, glad you can make it! BTW, how did you get such a screaming deal on the room rate?

Just asked. They said the renovated queens were the $98 and $107. These were old doubles for the cheaper rate. They don't have internet in the rooms, but I have a wifi hotspot, so not concerned.

I did get a lift, now just figuring out how to get it home.

C.J
05-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Good deal. You're going to love having a lift. Assembly isn't difficult except for the power runway. So heavy you'll need something to lift it...an engine hoist will do if your trailer is low enough.

Brian GTS
05-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Brain, so we'll have an opportunity to do the Dragon 129 Friday afternoon and Sat noon? What does this mean "Leave for Gatlinburg no later than 12:30 pm. Possible stop at Deal’s Gap. " So they'll be running the Dragon on their way to Gatlinburg? and maybe stopping at Deals Gap for a break but will be by there nonetheless? Also does this mean a group will be heading to the Dragon Sat morning also? "Tail of the Dragon Round II group to leave at 10:00 am."

Awesome Shawn! Added....that's 16!!!

Some additional info to answer Rich's question. There will be 2 options on Saturday. Members can either take part in a second Dragon run and a scenic drive in the moutains....or take "The Ackley" tour.

As per Joel of AL/TN:

"The Ackley's are planning for their Saturday cruise ending at their house for lunch - our treat. They have been very gracious to invite everyone and we were trying to get an idea of how many might be interested. Total trip is about 150 miles - lots of backroads. They have tennis courts, boats, and swimming available and Jennifer has a wolf sanctuary on their property. I know the weather is hard to predict but if you can pass this along to see who might be interested, it would help with food head counts. The Ackley tour will leave at 9:30 am - fill up gas tanks the night before."

Here is the route the Ackleys have planned:

Leave Gatlinburg on hy 321 to 339 =20 miles
339 to I 40 =6 miles
i40 to exit NC exit 15 =25 miles
exit 15 to 209 = 7 miles
209 to hot springs =45 miles
hot springs to Newport = 20 miles
Newport to Ackley House = 6 miles

Feel free to let me know your preference. I know Patrick and Brittany won't be rolling in until Friday, so he will probably want to do the Dragon on Saturday. However, I'd be game for the Ackley run on Saturday....sounds like fun.

NC/SC Members attending:

Angel & Eli
Bill & Elaine
Craig & Kiera
Paul & Joanie
Mike & Terri
Jeremy
Rush
Patrick & Brittany
Seth & Bob
Jeff & Donna
Kristian
Al & Kristy
Dave
Rich
Shawn
Brian & Janelle - Ackley

No hemi
05-14-2014, 06:59 PM
I'll do the " Ackley" run on sat.1

Mreeves
05-14-2014, 10:16 PM
We will do the Ackley run on Saturday also.

Ninjakris
05-15-2014, 01:56 PM
Count me in for the alkey run as well.

I'm still a little confused with the plans for friday. Are we all meeting up outside the Greystone Lodge hotel friday morning and doing the tail of the dragon as a group? I just need to know where and when to meet on friday.

C.J
05-15-2014, 04:12 PM
Kiera and I are in for the Ackley trip.

Joel
05-15-2014, 04:19 PM
Some of us will leave from the hotel early to catch the convoy from Knoxville. We will have to leave about 6:30 or so to get there with time to spare. Another group - the folks coming in from Ohio with Stretch - will probably run the route in reverse and meet up with the Knoxville group in Tellico Plains. That way they can leave a bit later and still get there. It is just over 100 miles to Tellico Plains and you can run the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway twice in the same day. It just depends on what you want to do. The run to Knoxville will be back throught Pigeon Forge and the interstate through Knoxville to the Campbell Station exit. It won't be scenic but it will allow you to run the whole cruise which is a bit over 200 miles. Going in reverse to Tellico Plains will definitely be more scenic - even in the morning - and you'll still have about 200 miles of cruising. If you leave Gatlinburg and go back to Knoxville, the trip approaches 300 miles. Hope that helps you understand what is going to happen Friday morning.

Count me in for the alkey run as well.

I'm still a little confused with the plans for friday. Are we all meeting up outside the Greystone Lodge hotel friday morning and doing the tail of the dragon as a group? I just need to know where and when to meet on friday.

Brian GTS
05-15-2014, 10:42 PM
Some of us will leave from the hotel early to catch the convoy from Knoxville. We will have to leave about 6:30 or so to get there with time to spare. Another group - the folks coming in from Ohio with Stretch - will probably run the route in reverse and meet up with the Knoxville group in Tellico Plains. That way they can leave a bit later and still get there. It is just over 100 miles to Tellico Plains and you can run the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway twice in the same day. It just depends on what you want to do. The run to Knoxville will be back throught Pigeon Forge and the interstate through Knoxville to the Campbell Station exit. It won't be scenic but it will allow you to run the whole cruise which is a bit over 200 miles. Going in reverse to Tellico Plains will definitely be more scenic - even in the morning - and you'll still have about 200 miles of cruising. If you leave Gatlinburg and go back to Knoxville, the trip approaches 300 miles. Hope that helps you understand what is going to happen Friday morning.

Thanks for the clarification Joel. This is helpful.

Stretch
05-16-2014, 07:19 AM
Brian, right now we are thinking meet in the parking lot at the Greystone Lodge at 8:30am (gassed up), then wheels up at 9am sharp. Then we will drive 321 to the Dragon, across the skyway and to the Exxon in Tellico Plains.

C.J
05-16-2014, 08:29 AM
Tellico Plains...had a friend get married there and we stayed at these cabins at the end of the Skyway. There was a restaurant there that had a killer breakfast as I recall...and a room full of folks riding Harleys. :)

Driving the Skyway and the Dragon twice in a day will be a blast!

Brian GTS
05-16-2014, 09:28 AM
Brian, right now we are thinking meet in the parking lot at the Greystone Lodge at 8:30am (gassed up), then wheels up at 9am sharp. Then we will drive 321 to the Dragon, across the skyway and to the Exxon in Tellico Plains.

Sounds good....your talking Friday morning, right? Just making sure... :)

Stretch
05-16-2014, 09:33 AM
Yes, Friday morning.

Brian GTS
05-16-2014, 09:47 AM
Yes, Friday morning.

That sounds like a plan to me...can't wait.

Ninjakris
05-16-2014, 11:56 AM

Thank you for spelling it out for me. I'll be there friday ready to roll.

PatrickB
05-18-2014, 09:54 AM
Feel free to let me know your preference. I know Patrick and Brittany won't be rolling in until Friday, so he will probably want to do the Dragon on Saturday. However, I'd be game for the Ackley run on Saturday....sounds like fun.

Brian, mark us down for the Ackley run. We are going to miss the Dragon run on Friday, but I think we're going to go back and run it on Sunday before coming home - that probably means we'll be running it by ourselves and won't be caravan'ing home with the rest of the group, but it's a fair tradeoff I think. I'd like to stay with our group on Saturday and the Ackley run sounds pretty cool.

SUB SONC
05-18-2014, 06:13 PM
I will be on the Ackley run with the group. Unfortunately Bob can't make it because of jury duty.

billp
05-18-2014, 07:51 PM
Elaine and I are in for the Ackley trip.

Brian GTS
05-22-2014, 10:54 PM
Dan from SC is attending too! We're up to 17 cars folks!

Angel & Eli
Bill & Elaine
Craig & Kiera
Paul & Joanie
Mike & Terri
Jeremy
Rush
Patrick & Brittany
Seth & Bob
Jeff & Donna
Kristian
Al & Kristy
Dave
Rich
Shawn
Dan & Tanya
Brian & Janelle - Ackley

No hemi
05-23-2014, 07:29 AM
@Brian, if im not mistaken Ron from the SC area will be joining us too, with his wife.

Brian GTS
05-23-2014, 07:40 AM
@Brian, if im not mistaken Ron from the SC area will be joining us too, with his wife.

Okay, thanks for the info Angel! Do you know if his wife Marcy is also attending? Just trying to get solid numbers for the restaurants.

18 cars!

Angel & Eli
Bill & Elaine
Craig & Kiera
Paul & Joanie
Mike & Terri
Jeremy
Rush
Patrick & Brittany
Seth & Bob
Jeff & Donna
Kristian
Al & Kristy
Dave & Marcia
Rich
Shawn
Dan & Tanya
Ron & Marcy
Brian & Janelle

No hemi
05-23-2014, 12:09 PM
I think she is too.

Brian GTS
05-23-2014, 03:13 PM
I think she is too.

Okay, appreciate the info! Ron just e-mailed me a few minutes ago and confirmed you are correct! Thanks again.

PatrickB
05-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Brian, did you see my note earlier about putting us down for the Ackley run?

Brian GTS
05-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Brian, did you see my note earlier about putting us down for the Ackley run?

Yes sir. Everyone that replied had interest in Ackley so Ackley is in the itinerary for everyone. If some others want to run the Dragon a THIRD time on Saturday and not do Ackley, then that's fine too. The itinerary was e-mailed last night, but may as well publish here too:

Thursday 5.29
- Carolinas VOA Convoy to Gatlinburg
- 4:00pm - Arrive in Gatlinburg - Check into hotel.
- 6:00pm - Dinner at the Park Vista Grill
- 8:00pm - GET GAS NOW! Top off your tank regardless of level. Trust me!!!

Friday 5.30
- 7:00am - Breakfast at the hotel
- 8:00am - Meet in the parking lot of the Greystone Lodge fully gassed up (again, recommend getting gas the night before)
- 9:00am - Day 1 of driving the Smokey Mountains begins. (Gatlinburg -> Pigeon Forge -> Deals Gap -> Tellico Plains) This includes the Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway.
- 12:00pm (about) - Lunch in Tellico Plains (Get more gas!)
- 1:30pm (about) - Head back to Gatlinburg and do the Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway AGAIN!
- 5:00pm - Meet in the Greystone Lodge parking lot
- 5:30pm - Leave for dinner at the Crystal Creek Grille

Saturday 5.31
- 8:00am - Breakfast at the hotel
- 9:00am - Meet in the Greystone Lodge parking lot
- 9:30am - Day 2 of driving. Scenic tour through the Smokey Mountains.
- 12:00pm (about) - Lunch at Douglas Lake at an AL/TN member's lake house
- 4:30pm (about) - Arrive back in Gatlinburg
- 5:30pm - Meet at the staging area for the parade
- 6:00pm - Parade starts, dinner afterwards at the Cherokee Grill

Sunday 6.1
- Breakfast & drive home.

CarolinaViper
05-26-2014, 04:59 PM
Brian,

Last year when you guys met at the Cracker Barrel, did you have a hard time getting tables. If so, Donna and I will leave about 30 minutes prior to you passing exit 75 on I-40 (the exit were we live) and try to arrange tables and parking for the group.

On a different note: Weather predication here is the same as for the TOD. Today they predicted a 30% of rain...all we got was a five minute shower around 5 PM. Seems like the weather is nice during the morning... until 2 or 3 PM then we get a little shower between 4 and 5. Its really hard for them to predict in the mountains or so the weather people say.

No hemi
05-26-2014, 06:46 PM
It wasn't hard last year( but we were only 4 people, lol), any help will be appreciated this year.

PatrickB
05-26-2014, 09:32 PM
Change of plans for us guys - as it stands right now, we're coming up EARLY Friday morning! Brittany made some arrangements with her work and as of now she has Friday off. So now, I'm thinking we'll leave at like 4am or something to meet the group either for breakfast or wherever the meet spot is to leave for the Dragon runs. So are you guys meeting at a Cracker Barrel or just meeting at the hotel parking lot?

Brian GTS
05-26-2014, 11:52 PM
Change of plans for us guys - as it stands right now, we're coming up EARLY Friday morning! Brittany made some arrangements with her work and as of now she has Friday off. So now, I'm thinking we'll leave at like 4am or something to meet the group either for breakfast or wherever the meet spot is to leave for the Dragon runs. So are you guys meeting at a Cracker Barrel or just meeting at the hotel parking lot?

Great news Patrick!!! On Friday morning, we're meeting in the Hotel parking lot at 8:00am along with the Ohio convoy.....fueled and ready to pull out at 8:30am to do the Dragon.... There will be about 35-40 Vipers leaving at this time. After we do the Dragon, we will be meeting up with another large group of Vipers at Tellico Plains. I have no idea how many are in the that group, but I bet we'll add at least another 20 or so.....awesome! :)

PatrickB
05-27-2014, 07:25 AM
Great news Patrick!!! On Friday morning, we're meeting in the Hotel parking lot at 8:00am along with the Ohio convoy.....fueled and ready to pull out at 8:30am to do the Dragon.... There will be about 35-40 Vipers leaving at this time. After we do the Dragon, we will be meeting up with another large group of Vipers at Tellico Plains. I have no idea how many are in the that group, but I bet we'll add at least another 20 or so.....awesome! :)

Ok great - we'll plan to be in the parking lot of Greystone by 8am or earlier. Looks like that's about a 3 hour drive for us, so we'll leave before 5am and meet you guys there. Brian I may give you a call or shoot you a text when we're close.

I assume plenty of gas stations in the area of the hotel?

See you guys Friday!

Brian GTS
05-27-2014, 08:33 AM
Ok great - we'll plan to be in the parking lot of Greystone by 8am or earlier. Looks like that's about a 3 hour drive for us, so we'll leave before 5am and meet you guys there. Brian I may give you a call or shoot you a text when we're close.

I assume plenty of gas stations in the area of the hotel?

See you guys Friday!

Gas stations in the hotel area are a bit scarce actually. There is one as I remember, but not that many pumps. They always advise on filling up the night before rather than morning. I bet it will be crazy busy. Best bet is to fill up somewhere just before you arrive to Gatlinburg. You got my cell....if not, you'll have it in a caravan e-mail being sent out this morning.

Stretch
05-27-2014, 08:37 AM
For gas stations..... if you leave the hotel and turn left at the big traffic light back onto the main road through Gatlinburg and then drive the winding road back to Pigeon Forge, there is a huge red gas station on the right about 1 or 2 traffic lights into town. I try to hit that one because it's big and has plenty of pumps.

Brian GTS
05-27-2014, 08:22 PM
Below are the tentative caravan arrangements for Thursday! I've arranged the times so we can have a safe and relaxing drive to Gatlinburg....and so that nobody has to get out of bed CRAZY early. I've attempted to arrange these stops based on general locations of members along the way. I want to thank Dave and Jeff for their planning advice with a couple of these stops! Appreciate it guys!

Thursday, May 29, 2014 - Caravan Begins

Kangaroo Express
100 Factory Shops Road
Morrisville, NC 27560
Arrive: 8:30am
Depart: 8:45am
Members: Craig, Mike, Al, Jeremy, Seth, Shawn, Brian, Paul (joining in route)

Mobil 1 (Exit #184)
2375 Lewisville-Clemmons Rd
Clemmons, NC 27012
Arrive: ~10:00am
Depart: ~10:15am
Member: Dave

Sheetz (Exit #150)
1244 Wilkesboro Hwy
Statesville, NC 28625
Arrive: ~10:45am
Depart: ~11:00am
Members: Rush, Rich, Bill

Cracker Barrel (Exit #44) - LUNCH!!!
5 Crowell Rd
Asheville, NC 28806
Arrive: ~12:30pm
Depart: ~2:00pm
Members: Angel, Dan, Jeff, Kristian

Greystone Lodge
559 Parkway
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
Arrive: ~4:00pm
Depart: Sunday Morning! :)

You may feel free to call me in route at any time. My cell number is 724-822-9625. Can't wait!

Brian GTS
05-27-2014, 08:27 PM
Brian,

Last year when you guys met at the Cracker Barrel, did you have a hard time getting tables. If so, Donna and I will leave about 30 minutes prior to you passing exit 75 on I-40 (the exit were we live) and try to arrange tables and parking for the group.

On a different note: Weather predication here is the same as for the TOD. Today they predicted a 30% of rain...all we got was a five minute shower around 5 PM. Seems like the weather is nice during the morning... until 2 or 3 PM then we get a little shower between 4 and 5. Its really hard for them to predict in the mountains or so the weather people say.

Jeff, that is a great idea! If that offer still stands, we plan to arrive at Cracker Barrel around 12:30pm. It looks like there will be about 28 members. Maybe they can put together some tables? If not, that's okay too. Really appreciate the help!

Ninjakris
05-27-2014, 08:57 PM
Don't wait for me at the last stop. I won't be there until midnight or so. I appreciate it though.

Brian GTS
05-27-2014, 11:02 PM
Don't wait for me at the last stop. I won't be there until midnight or so. I appreciate it though.

K....feel free to shoot me a text when you get in. And try to fill your tank that night as well. Safe travels!

CarolinaViper
05-28-2014, 04:01 PM
Jeff, that is a great idea! If that offer still stands, we plan to arrive at Cracker Barrel around 12:30pm. It looks like there will be about 28 members. Maybe they can put together some tables? If not, that's okay too. Really appreciate the help!

Brian - Talked with the manager today...their policy is not to reserve tables until the entire party is there but related he would do what he could but he will not be there tomorrow. Donna and I are going to arrive at the restaurant about 12:00 to see what we can do. Maybe the on-duty manager really likes Vipers and will be more accommodating. If we can't all sit together, I will at least try to reserve five or six tables so we all can order and eat at the same time.

The link below is Asheville's weather forecast during the time we will be there. Looks good driving up until 3 - 5PM then maybe some rain.

If you are going to get to Cracker Barrel early or later than 1230 call me at 828 442-3393 or better yet, when you get to Mile marker 110 call me (that will give me a 30-minute lead time to get to the restaurant).

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/28803?pagenum=2&nextbeginIndex=6

Jeff & Donna

Brian GTS
05-28-2014, 05:13 PM
Brian - Talked with the manager today...their policy is not to reserve tables until the entire party is there but related he would do what he could but he will not be there tomorrow. Donna and I are going to arrive at the restaurant about 12:00 to see what we can do. Maybe the on-duty manager really likes Vipers and will be more accommodating. If we can't all sit together, I will at least try to reserve five or six tables so we all can order and eat at the same time.

The link below is Asheville's weather forecast during the time we will be there. Looks good driving up until 3 - 5PM then maybe some rain.

If you are going to get to Cracker Barrel early or later than 1230 call me at 828 442-3393 or better yet, when you get to Mile marker 110 call me (that will give me a 30-minute lead time to get to the restaurant).

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/28803?pagenum=2&nextbeginIndex=6

Jeff & Donna

Jeff, thanks for checking into reservations! I'll definitely call you at MM110...thanks again.

C.J
05-28-2014, 08:16 PM
Brian, thanks for getting us organized. That is not an easy feat!

PatrickB
05-28-2014, 08:44 PM
Wish I could make the main caravan with you guys tomorrow - but you guys are coming right by my office so I'll wave to you as you pass.. :)

We'll be in the parking lot waiting on everyone Friday morning...can't wait to see everybody!

billp
06-02-2014, 12:17 PM
A big thank you to Brian, Janelle and all our fabulous members for a super fantastic event. This was our first weekend trip with the club and definitely won't be our last. Here are a few candid snapshots. These are all downsized message board friendly versions. I have posted the full size versions better suited for downloading, printing &/or tablet viewing in a private album on my Flickr site. If you should have any problem accessing the photos through the URL below, please let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/epawelko/w9451f/

Bill & Elaine

billp
06-02-2014, 12:21 PM

billp
06-02-2014, 12:30 PM

billp
06-02-2014, 12:33 PM
A perfect ending to a perfect weekend event! Our thanks to Brian, Janelle and the NC Highway Patrol!

DaveW
06-02-2014, 01:25 PM
A perfect ending to a perfect weekend event! Our thanks to Brian, Janelle and the NC Highway Patrol!

Hey, Bill. I apologize for Paul and myself driving so slow returning from Gatlinburg on I-40 for all those hours :smileys-car-driving. Maybe the trooper just wanted to check out your beautiful car!

C.J
06-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Bill, thanks for sharing those photos! And thank Elaine for capturing some good shots.

Amazing that you got a warning ticket from the NCHP. They are not known for issuing warnings.

See you next time you're in Raleigh to check out the lift.

billp
06-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Hey, Bill. I apologize for Paul and myself driving so slow returning from Gatlinburg on I-40 for all those hours :smileys-car-driving. Maybe the trooper just wanted to check out your beautiful car!

No need to apologize!! we had a great run on 40! My trouble start when some 20 year old was tail gating me inches from my rear bumper. I than turn off to let him pass and he almost hit me!
So then i snapped and was going to run him down, but my wife calmed me down (he had a young child in the car to) I should have gotten his license plate and report him to the Cops! So maybe they could straighten him out before he gets him self killed. :web_driver:

billp
06-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Bill, thanks for sharing those photos! And thank Elaine for capturing some good shots.

Amazing that you got a warning ticket from the NCHP. They are not known for issuing warnings.

See you next time you're in Raleigh to check out the lift.

Yea, we had a great time with everyone! and I must say, you have one amazing young lady great job Craig!!!!

C.J
06-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Yea, we had a great time with everyone! and I must say, you have one amazing young lady great job Craig!!!!

Thanks Bill, but my bride gets most of the credit. :)

DaveW
06-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Thanks Bill, but my bride gets most of the credit. :)

HA!!!!!!!! I told you so....

Brian GTS
06-02-2014, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the pics Bill! Those are great. Tell Elaine we said "thanks" too. May she should reconsider the request to be the official club photographer.... :)

AMAZING TRIP....and that's no exaggeration. I can't believe how much fun we all have together....like family....seriously! It just doesn't get any better...

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2439_zps94a8b450.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2439_zps94a8b450.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2442_zpsf11c374f.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2442_zpsf11c374f.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2443_zps7e116bbc.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2443_zps7e116bbc.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2444_zpsf38de145.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2444_zpsf38de145.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2445_zpsbf74e8cc.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2445_zpsbf74e8cc.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2446_zps33cdaa90.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2446_zps33cdaa90.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2447_zps46d4309d.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2447_zps46d4309d.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2456_zps72dd47b8.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2456_zps72dd47b8.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2458_zps9541767f.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2458_zps9541767f.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2460_zpse92567ca.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2460_zpse92567ca.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2463_zpsb4e6af9f.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2463_zpsb4e6af9f.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2468_zps7cc7e182.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2468_zps7cc7e182.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2470_zpsfdaa67ec.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2470_zpsfdaa67ec.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2473_zpsbcbc016f.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2473_zpsbcbc016f.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2476_zpsebba0b8e.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2476_zpsebba0b8e.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2481_zps60f7fe4c.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2481_zps60f7fe4c.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2486_zps6f2b6d7e.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2486_zps6f2b6d7e.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2489_zps460ad46b.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2489_zps460ad46b.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2492_zps2b91837a.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2492_zps2b91837a.jpg.html)

Brian GTS
06-02-2014, 10:06 PM
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2493_zps5189901f.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2493_zps5189901f.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2494_zpsdb81c87d.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2494_zpsdb81c87d.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2504_zps421964f8.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2504_zps421964f8.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2506_zpsad74f2ad.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2506_zpsad74f2ad.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2508_zps391e0e59.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2508_zps391e0e59.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2511_zps3fc8d6d0.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2511_zps3fc8d6d0.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2512_zps168058ce.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2512_zps168058ce.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2513_zps43151dca.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2513_zps43151dca.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2515_zpsc9a4823f.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2515_zpsc9a4823f.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2516_zps02c3b8d2.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2516_zps02c3b8d2.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2518_zpse36ff5da.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2518_zpse36ff5da.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2695_zpse0a5ef07.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2695_zpse0a5ef07.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2697_zpsa90f4aac.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2697_zpsa90f4aac.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2700_zps9fba4917.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2700_zps9fba4917.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2701_zpsa597b276.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2701_zpsa597b276.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2717_zpsdcedb624.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2717_zpsdcedb624.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2719_zps437cc744.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2719_zps437cc744.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2721_zps07f7e170.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2721_zps07f7e170.jpg.html)

Brian GTS
06-02-2014, 10:07 PM
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2724_zps34d196e8.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2724_zps34d196e8.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2726_zps6ef682cc.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2726_zps6ef682cc.jpg.html)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2727_zps8042a0e2.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/TOD%202014%20-%20Carolinas/srt_pub_IMG_2727_zps8042a0e2.jpg.html)

Brian GTS
06-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Also posted some other pics over in the AL/TN forum:

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/1027-Tail-of-the-Dragon-2014/page11

No hemi
06-03-2014, 07:51 AM
Very nice pics Brian!!!, looking forward to the next year TOTD!!!

PatrickB
06-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Awesome photography as usual Brian...thanks for sharing!

Brian GTS
06-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Alright, had to post a couple from my cell phone.....too funny.

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/funny1_zps0bc4c4bb.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/funny1_zps0bc4c4bb.jpg.html)

Seth, you were the brunt of many jokes last weekend. You're a good sport bro...

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/funny2_zps2b82340e.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/funny2_zps2b82340e.jpg.html)

DNRossi
06-03-2014, 12:08 PM
omg, I die for that last picture of all the girls copying Seth's wrist!!! HILARIOUS!! So sad we missed this event but have enjoyed hearing all the stories and looking at the pictures :) -N

C.J
06-03-2014, 12:49 PM
LMAO! That is hysterical! Seth, you're a good man.

Looks like Mike is feeling no pain in that photo with Angel...maybe he go ahold of Seth's meds?

PatrickB
06-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Looks like Mike is feeling no pain in that photo with Angel...maybe he go ahold of Seth's meds?

There were a few people feeling no pain that night.. :D

DaveW
06-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Hey, guys. On behalf of Marcia, I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to the entire Carolinas' group. She is so shy that I didn't think she would even come to the event, but she loves Gatlinburg, which was the catalyst. You all were so kind and gracious to her and she made so many new friends.

During the last week before departing, she almost backed out because I told her she could only bring one piece of luggage for her clothes. Physically, it is impossible for her to bring the 4 pieces of luggage for clothes, other "stuff," and hanging bag for her normal long weekend trips- in a Viper - AND my gas-powered super-charged ionizer turbo hair-dryer, with attachments. But she really didn't want to hold 3 of her bags in her lap, and the hair-dryer was not negotiable.:witless:

Again, thanks to all of you for making her welcome and happy.

C.J
06-03-2014, 04:31 PM
It was a delight to meet Marcia, and how you ever convinced that sweet woman to marry you will forever be a mystery! ;)

Next time, let her know you can send a box UPS if she really wants to pack big. :)

JonB ~ PartsRack
06-03-2014, 04:34 PM
Those are some great pix Brian, the fun is evident.

I do WISH one thing: Names to go with Faces! At least for me, with 10,000+ owners in the database, I really enjoy putting a face with the name. Regional newsletters that share names are a favorite....

I sympathize with Jeff____ because I have 17 pieces of titanium in my wrist, looking like a fangs logo in X-ray! Really!

I hope to see some of you at VIR this weekend! Please say hello..........

PatrickB
06-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Dave you can save some room in the trunk by shaving your head like me and leaving the heavy duty hair dryer at home.. :D

But seriously, our region is basically family - everyone is unique in their own way, and I know that Brittany and I love hanging out with each of you.

DaveW
06-03-2014, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=PatrickB;57750]Dave you can save some room in the trunk by shaving your head like me and leaving the heavy duty hair dryer at home.. :D

Ain't NO way, dude! I've got one of those Cro-Magnon foreheads, would look like the front end of one of those old bumper cars at the county fair... Argh

No hemi
06-03-2014, 07:02 PM
HAHHAH I had forgotten about the pic with mike, I also have one of the girls with seth!!, def. one of the best events I've ever been!!

Stretch
06-03-2014, 09:01 PM
It was nice to meet more of the Carolina's crew last weekend. See you guys next year!!

Mreeves
06-03-2014, 10:11 PM
LMAO! That is hysterical! Seth, you're a good man.

All I can say is I "RED HEART" MY VIPER.

PatrickB
06-04-2014, 09:02 AM
Some of my pics are available via a Photobucket slideshow at this address:
http://s1346.photobucket.com/user/pbrown811/slideshow/VOA%20-%20Tail%20of%20the%20Dragon%202014

SUB SONC
06-04-2014, 08:16 PM
I "heart" my Viper Club!
Thank you all for another amazing weekend. I am so glad that I came!
I think the picture of the girls with the fake casts is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

gutterworks129
06-04-2014, 09:27 PM
I had a great time up in the hills. Thanks for everyone making an effort to come out. Awesome trip!

C.J
06-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Finally had time to upload some photos...credit goes to my daughter for all the rolling shots.

Heading west from Raleigh:

C.J
06-07-2014, 01:54 PM
NC state mascot, the orange and white construction barrel:

Awesome Stryker Green!

Orange TA...another favorite color:

If you've not been to the Smoky Mountains, put it on your list o' places to visit:

C.J
06-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Dos Hombres:

Bill and his Better Half:

View from the room at the Greystone Lodge:

Jeremy's ready to attack the Dragon:

C.J
06-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Patrick and Brittany ready to roll -- Patrick's shoes are awesome!

Brian's Viper getting set for video:

Pastoral views en route to the Dragon:

Relaxing drive to the Dragon:

C.J
06-07-2014, 03:30 PM
View from Foothills Parkway:

Elk (surprise!) along the route:

Saturday now...heading to the Ackley's house for lunch. Neat view of the stripe on a 2010:

Nothing but Vipers as far as the eye can see:

Brian GTS
06-07-2014, 11:38 PM
GREAT shots Craig. Thanks for sharing!

InZane
06-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Hey, look at that, I made into the pics ;) (putting the Contour Camera on Brian's car)

PatrickB
06-25-2014, 01:11 PM
Hey, look at that, I made into the pics ;) (putting the Contour Camera on Brian's car)

'Bout time you make it to the forums!

Brian GTS
06-25-2014, 05:13 PM

He's finally here! Welcome Eli!

InZane
06-25-2014, 05:25 PM
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!! Glad to finally get on. I will upload the best shots I took at the Dragon meet here in a bit.

InZane
06-25-2014, 06:58 PM
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C05D00A8C1563CA4!190&authkey=!ANTdnGpVgYVfL-8&ithint=folder%2c.JPG

DaveW
06-25-2014, 08:22 PM
Awesome photos, Eli!!! Thank you, and it was an immense pleasure meeting you in the 'Burg. Hope to see you again, soon:dude3:

gutterworks129
06-25-2014, 08:36 PM
Green is the money, great pics!
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C05D00A8C1563CA4!190&authkey=!ANTdnGpVgYVfL-8&ithint=folder%2c.JPG

InZane
06-25-2014, 09:13 PM
Awesome photos, Eli!!! Thank you, and it was an immense pleasure meeting you in the 'Burg. Hope to see you again, soon:dude3:

The pleasure was mine, I really appreciate you guys letting Gail and I hang out with you all. You don't know how much it means to me, as an enthusiast/fanatic, the group of people make the cars that much more special. Thank you for your hospitality and yes, it was great meeting you too! And yes, I will see you all soon. I'm planning on being at the Biltmore in September so maybe I'll see you there.

InZane
06-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Green is the money, great pics!

Thanks Jeremy! yes, the green really stands out, but so does orange ;)

You got the pic I did of yours with the bluish-gray background right?

C.J
06-26-2014, 06:50 AM
Great shots Eli! Looking forward to seeing you both in Asheville.

Brian GTS
06-26-2014, 06:58 AM
Thanks Jeremy! yes, the green really stands out, but so does orange ;)

You got the pic I did of yours with the bluish-gray background right?

My goodness....he's only been here a day and he changed his avatar photo already. Next thing you know he'll have a 13' Launch Edition on there... :)

PatrickB
06-26-2014, 07:20 AM
Next thing you know he'll have a 13' Launch Edition on there... :)

Hopefully that means there's one in his garage too... :D

No hemi
06-26-2014, 07:21 AM
HAHAH welcome ELI, and yes he may have one soon!! too!!!