PDA

View Full Version : 1320 Video did a recap of my Nth Moto built TT ACR from WGF Dallas

Junkie
04-27-2018, 11:02 AM
I'd like to start off thanking Aaron Miller and his crew at Nth Moto for building such an amazing car. This is my 2nd event in a row where I've been able to just get in the car and it flat out work! We went to Texas 2k in March, unloaded the car and on my first pass I qualified in the top 10 fastest out of a 150 car field.

This past event was WannaGoFast Dallas Tx where on my first hit I managed to go over 200mph getting on the brakes 400-ish feet before the finish line. Had a tire problem and lost a bead, managed to get the car gathered up and keep it safe. After this pass we figured out that de beading a tire at 200+ caused a driveline issue. Aaron, Clint and a few of us worked on the car most of the night and got it ready for day two. Luckily we had the parts on hand to get the car back to 100%

The next day we put my 1+ year old Too R888's and stock wheels back on the car. First pass was 215.xx mph, I was pumped! The car felt great, incredibly stable and easy to drive. This was done with ZERO ice, zero prep work other than tire pressure and on one of my normal street settings. I could have done the same thing, in the same car without track support. Thats how well Aaron and his guys have these cars working! The next couple of passes we tried to give the car more power down low and the tires just weren't having it. I've been racing long enough to where I knew there was no need to taking on the wear and tear for a run that just wasn't going to be great, so I aborted. Last pass of the day I just rolled out in 1-2, rolled into the power in 3rd and started giving it all of it in 4th and 5th. This led to another 215mph pass, so we backed it up, I was on cloud 9 and ready to load the car up....well there is when we ran into an issue. At some point in time, the straps I use to strap the car down in the trailer have walked away...so we drove the car over an hour to dinner and then back to my place lol.

Since this last event I've been driving the car 3-5 days a week, its so hard to stay out of this thing. Its easily the most fun I've ever had in or on a vehicle. I thought that to be the case when it was a stock motor/TT car, well this flips the script on that. The car is legit better at everything now, and makes gobs more power. I've now got nearly 100 passes on the Nth Moto built bad ass combo and haven't ran into any trouble yet. Talk about amazing! To say I'm impressed with Aaron and his crew would be an understatement and injustice. The attention to detail, form and function those guys provide is nothing short of amazing. I'm very excited about the direction the Viper community is headed, its going to be a fun year full of all kinds of racing!

https://youtu.be/pbxvhASkYwk

I know I say street car a lot in the video, but its for a reason. This car delivers gut wrenching power with little to no real world compromises. I come from the big HP Supra world, I've been involved in that community for a decade now. To compare a big hp Supra to a Viper just isn't fair, no motor plates needed, no crazy loud fuel pumps, no concrete filled motors, no clutch noise or shims, its just nuts how the motorsports community have evolved. I've got to chalk that up to smart guys making great decisions and putting in the R&D time, add that to an already amazing platform and you have a recipe for what has to be the most exciting street car on the planet.

Terminator02
04-27-2018, 11:30 AM
Wow really good stuff. Great video and great verbal interviewing chops; humble and represented Nth like a damn sales rep!

My98RT10
04-27-2018, 12:05 PM
Amazing car, amazing performance, wow!! Congrats!!!

13COBRA
04-27-2018, 12:36 PM
Damn fast.

Murpowa
04-27-2018, 01:21 PM
Super fast.

Curious to know if you considered removing the wing for these events. What is the risk in suspension failure or tire blowouts at those speeds with the downforce generated form the ACR E wing

Red Snake
04-27-2018, 01:29 PM
Epic.

Congrats!

Junkie
04-27-2018, 01:33 PM
Super fast.

Curious to know if you considered removing the wing for these events. What is the risk in suspension failure or tire blowouts at those speeds with the downforce generated form the ACR E wing

I want to race the car like I drive it. We have some stuff in the works as of now, but the car hooks well and is very easy to control during acceleration and braking.

Also you can't just remove the wing, you need to remove the diffuser, remove the dive planes, remove the splitter and revolve/respring the shock combo to work without aero.

Pappy
04-27-2018, 02:10 PM
Pretty amazing Junkie! I have a Joe Alonzo photo of the car at the finish line. The strakes are on the ground, the front edge of the splitter is about 8 inches up, and the front suspension is at nearly full droop - looks like the front tires are just about to lift off. I see you have the fender vents still installed. Enough horsepower will overcome anything! If someone can advise me if it is okay to post the photo (without infringing on any copyright laws), I will do so.

Pappy

Junkie
04-27-2018, 02:47 PM
Post away! Any pics you have

Pappy
04-27-2018, 03:08 PM

OK. This is a great shot - Junkie @ 215. Looks like the wing makes plenty of downforce at that speed! LOL

Pappy

TrackAire
04-27-2018, 03:48 PM
Incredible runs, congrats! I'm surprised the diffuser did not catch fire, lol. Looks like it was rubbing hard the last 1/3 of the run. You've got to give props to SRT and the structural strength of the hatch and the way the wing attaches to it. So much for having to have a frame mounted wing!!

*Edit....Yikes, I just saw the photo Pappy posted, those front tires look like they're ready for take off. Great side shot of the car and what it is doing at speed.

Pappy
04-27-2018, 04:06 PM
Incredible runs, congrats! I'm surprised the diffuser did not catch fire, lol. Looks like it was rubbing hard the last 1/3 of the run. You've got to give props to SRT and the structural strength of the hatch and the way the wing attaches to it. So much for having to have a frame mounted wing!!

*Edit....Yikes, I just saw the photo Pappy posted, those front tires look like they're ready for take off. Great side shot of the car and what it is doing at speed.

Looks like the strakes could be functioning as "wheelie bars" keeping the front from getting any higher.

Pappy

sambo32
04-27-2018, 04:10 PM
It's safe to say that Billet Silver is the fastest.

Congrats!

Scott_in_fl
04-27-2018, 04:12 PM
Wow, scary photo of the car at speed. At that angle of attack, the front splitter looks like it might actually be creating massive lift on the front end.

ayousef
04-27-2018, 05:45 PM
Crazy car and awesome passes! The car does look scary and pretty dangerous at the end however, looks like it could easily flip. The exact reason why all cars need to have "rake" into them. Look at the infamous Mercedes CLR-GT1 crash at Le Mans. This seems to be the case with all the ACRs that ive seen in the halfmile event in videos, however your car can definitely use a much higher ride height in the rear, or a stiffer spring, with more compression and less rebound in the rear accompanied with more rebound and less compression in the front etc...

Goodluck!

Ludington1
04-27-2018, 05:58 PM
Wow, that picture is nuts! Congrats on the feature, glad you’re out having fun with it!

Snakebit10
04-27-2018, 06:20 PM
Absolutely impressive street Vipers all around...That white one looks so innocuous visually in terms of what it really has.....Put a hurting on an unsuspecting 720S etc lol...

Would have love to see the black widow Viper run.....

IHOP
04-27-2018, 08:08 PM
I want to race the car like I drive it. We have some stuff in the works as of now, but the car hooks well and is very easy to control during acceleration and braking.

Also you can't just remove the wing, you need to remove the diffuser, remove the dive planes, remove the splitter and revolve/respring the shock combo to work without aero.

Dude insane car and build, be safe and keep killing it!

And posting videos!

Lost me beer
04-27-2018, 08:23 PM
Damn. Just. Damn.
Troy

viperBase1
04-28-2018, 08:18 AM
Enough horsepower will overcome anything!
Looks like the strakes could be functioning as "wheelie bars" keeping the front from getting any higher.
Pappy
Yea, so much for the speed limiting Aero theory.
Safe to say the rear diffuser kept him alive. Crazy inter-play between the splitter (front wing) and the dive-planes.

ClayR
04-28-2018, 09:56 AM
That is awesome. Congrats!

RedTanRT/10
04-28-2018, 11:52 AM
Congrats on such a great achievement!!!

great write-up and video too

that still pic looks really scary to me. Reminds me of an F-16 about to take off in flight