PDA

View Full Version : Snow!

C.J
02-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Maybe the ground hog was right...more winter in store for us in the Carolinas. The snow is still falling and the Battery Tender is keeping my Viper company.

I'm thankful that our dyno day is not this weekend!

What are you all experiencing with winter weather now in Charlotte, Greensboro, Greenville, and along the coast?

KRATEDISEASE
02-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Blow ??

PatrickB
02-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Hickory got covered pretty good today - several inches with more expected overnight I guess, although I've just been seeing sleet for the past couple of hours. I love the snow, but it wreaks havoc on peoples lives around here lol..

Had a little fun in the truck on the way home from work.. :D

Brian GTS
02-12-2014, 11:42 PM
Took me 1 1/2 hours to get from intersection of Strickland / 6 Forks to my house early this afternoon (-3 miles). I can only imagine what it is like out there now!

C.J
02-13-2014, 07:12 AM
I think you could have walked that distance faster than driving! Did you see any accidents along Six Forks?

PatrickB
02-13-2014, 07:44 AM
We're getting pounded again this morning - I love it!

No hemi
02-13-2014, 08:47 AM
We've had like 6 or 7 inches already here, plus a lot of ice too, I had to take the t/c off on my jeep to get back inside my garage, but it was pretty fun sliding and drifting yesterday, plus 2 days off work make a shorter week !!!, looking forward to nicer weather for the Dyno day, my daughter is LOVING the Snow!!!

Brian GTS
02-13-2014, 10:07 AM
We've had like 6 or 7 inches already here, plus a lot of ice too, I had to take the t/c off on my jeep to get back inside my garage, but it was pretty fun sliding and drifting yesterday, plus 2 days off work make a shorter week !!!, looking forward to nicer weather for the Dyno day, my daughter is LOVING the Snow!!!

Yes, definitely love having it for the kids! Being from PA, it is something we're accustomed to, but haven't seen very much of around these parts.....so they're very pleased. We went sled riding yesterday...fun times.

Next Phase
02-13-2014, 02:33 PM
It only tool me 6 hours to get from Chapel Hill to N. Raleigh. Roads were fine, non driving Carolinians clogged the hihighways .

Someone should have made a public service announcement. Turn your traction control off, make sure to get gas BEFORE driving home and don't abondon your car in the middle of the street.

Next Phase
02-13-2014, 02:34 PM
I did take the Jeep to the Home Depot parking lot this AM for some donuts. Sorry, no video...

gutterworks129
02-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Snow, snow,snow, go away....

BigBadViper
02-13-2014, 07:19 PM
It was fun out. Finally got outside and played with my daughters a little today. I think I am going to leave on Saturday and go somewhere warmer.