PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Tail of the Dragon REGISTRATION OPEN

Brian GTS
03-22-2018, 11:08 PM
TAIL OF THE DRAGON EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!!

The 13th Annual Tail of the Dragon event takes place Thursday, May 31st through Sunday, June 3rd!

Join us for a weekend of Viper fun as we experience this stretch of US129 with 318 curves in 11 miles! We'll also enjoy a scenic drive and stops along the Cherohala Skyway which is a 40+ mile long National Scenic Byway. However, driving isn’t the only event on the venue. We’ll also experience the many attractions of Gatlinburg, a Grand Reception Dinner, door prizes, an exclusive Viper parade through downtown Gatlinburg, and endless FUN with your Viper friends!

*** SAVE $20/pp IF YOU REGISTER BY APRIL 15th, 2018!!! ***

Early Bird Pricing:
VOA Members: $90/pp
Non-VOA Members: $110/pp

Your registration includes Friday evening grand reception dinner, event t-shirt, commemorative coin, round trip dinner transportation, and more!

To register or to view complete details including event itinerary and hotel info, please refer to the registration page below

---> 2018 TAIL OF THE DRAGON REGISTRATION <--- (http://carolinasvoa.com/tod_registration_2018.htm)

A BIG THANK YOU to Alan, Joel, Tim, and the entire Alabama / Tennessee team for hosting this event for the 13th consecutive year!!! A lot of work goes into this event and we appreciate their continued efforts! :cool:

dodgefever
03-23-2018, 10:34 AM
Registered and looking forward to another fun week!

CarolinaViper
03-23-2018, 02:42 PM
Signed up and looking forward to seeing every one.

Jeff

dalton202
03-25-2018, 06:08 AM
Registered and ready to ride.

Warmonger
03-26-2018, 05:40 PM
Sounds like a blast! Going to make the trip down from Illinois. Not sure if I'll trailer the car or drive it at this point. Anyone that's been in the previous years, is there space to drop a trailer at the hotel? Look forward to meeting everyone!

dodgefever
03-26-2018, 06:24 PM
Brian, I plan to trailer this year. will it be "trailer friendly" or will we be banished to an offsite location?

uvbnbit
03-27-2018, 05:56 AM
I think it depends on how many, we've had space at Greystone for some and more space at off-site location few miles away.
There's not a lot of space at Greystone, especially with 80+ Vipers, we need all the room we can get.

No hemi
03-28-2018, 12:41 PM
Signed up and registered, room reserved, new tires ordered. :bth_smiley_formula1:icon_devil:

Cybermig
03-28-2018, 05:38 PM
I'm currently in the middle of a relocation and I'll be living in Asheville, NC by the time the event happens and want to participate in this gathering but honestly I can't be there more than maybe a full day Saturday. No overnight stays for me unfortunately.... do I need to register if I just want to show up and meet up with the group on saturday and "hang out" or can I casually come and crash the party to meet new folks and build my new viper friends network?

braunstein82
03-29-2018, 02:48 AM
Registering would probably still be worth it. Its not much and you'll get the goody bag with a bunch of stuff (shirt, coin & stickers and more probably) plus probably meal paid for that day. But otherwise doubt anyone would mind if you met up just to tag along on the dragon run or cuises.

Brian GTS
03-29-2018, 06:44 AM
I'm currently in the middle of a relocation and I'll be living in Asheville, NC by the time the event happens and want to participate in this gathering but honestly I can't be there more than maybe a full day Saturday. No overnight stays for me unfortunately.... do I need to register if I just want to show up and meet up with the group on saturday and "hang out" or can I casually come and crash the party to meet new folks and build my new viper friends network?

The paid meal is on Friday evening so unless you want the goodie bag which includes a ToD shirt and some other items, its not necessary to register. On Saturday, there will be driving activities. Here is a link to the agenda:

https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/20800-2018-Annual-Tail-of-the-Dragon-Event

CarolinaViper
03-29-2018, 05:29 PM

What time will you be leaving on Saturday. I'm coming back from Gatlinburg early Saturday morning to pick up my granddaughter (we live in Old Fort) and plan on returing to Gatlinburg leaving Old Fort around 9 / 10 am. It takes about (a little less) 1.5 hours from Asheville to Gatlinburg. If you want we could ride together.

Jeff

outnumbered
03-29-2018, 07:13 PM
Signed up and registered, room reserved, new tires ordered. :bth_smiley_formula1:icon_devil:

Ditto, ditto and ditto, but my tires are already here.

Ninjakris
03-29-2018, 08:18 PM
registered and hotel booked!

I'll be coming up on Wednesday night. If anyone wants to do some runs on Thursday, let me know.

No hemi
04-02-2018, 10:06 AM
Kristian I think Ronny(Louisiana) will be there ALL week

Cybermig
04-02-2018, 02:11 PM
Honestly no idea yet.... PM me as we get closer to the event and I'm happy to coordinate a meetup with you to caravan together. Looking forward to the change of scenery from no flat, no curves, and hot weather to the exact opposite.

Brian GTS
04-14-2018, 01:46 PM
REMINDER: TOMORROW (April 15th, 2018) is the last day to take advantage of EARLY BIRD registration. If you want to save $20/pp, please register now!

---> CLICK HERE TO REGISTER <--- (http://carolinasvoa.com/tod_registration_2018.htm)