PDA

View Full Version : New to me 13 GTS

Hardtopz28
03-06-2018, 04:58 PM
I recently picked up a 2013 Black GTS from my 74y/o grandmother who bought the car new in 2014. When I mentioned I was in the market for a Viper or a 2014 911 turbo she replied with ill make you a deal you cant refuse. Ive been around this car since it had 80 miles on it and so far its been through a new rear diff and the passenger side window fell off track. So when I picked it up it had 1800 miles on it and the paint & wheels needed some attention. I am currently in the process to get these things corrected. I need to set up a appointment to get it paint corrected and ceramic coated. I'm on the forum to see what I need to do as far as recalls the R28 and R29 stuff. Also do I need to update the uconnect stuff or just let it be? Also the day lights don't stay on unless I turn the switch on is that normal? Other than those couple of things the viper is a cool car.
I also have a 1000hp ZR1 that it will be sharing a garage with. My first impressions of the viper is The ZR1 is quieter driving than the viper and 100% more comfortable but the viper handling is incredible. I will say owning this car you feel like a celebrity. I don't have a negative thing to say about the car, I really enjoy driving it and its super fun. Because the vehicle was my grandmothers I will have to fall on really hard times for me to sell so I will be part of the viper family for a long time.

Vipes
03-06-2018, 05:16 PM
Congrats on the GTS! 1800 miles is almost new, any pics? I can help with the R28/R29. Just post your VIN in here and it will tell you which recall needs to be done. https://www.mopar.com/en-ca/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

ssjcreeper
03-06-2018, 06:09 PM
You'll definitely want to followup with your local Dodge dealer on the R28 and R29 recalls. Also, your car may be eligible for the factory 10/100 powertrain warranty extension. Your grandmother should have received a letter from Dodge about this (if eligible). I believe you can check the Uconnect site to see if there's an update available for download and install via USB drive. As for the day-time running lights, they can be turned on/off in the vehicle settings.

Congrats, and enjoy the newfound celebrity status!

cashcorn
03-06-2018, 06:35 PM
Your Grandmother is a Rock Star! You should be so fortunate.. Take her out to dinner and celebrate! wow! lol

ViperPete
03-06-2018, 07:05 PM
Congrats on the car!!!!
Viper's really are special.

Hardtopz28
03-06-2018, 07:20 PM
I hope the pictures work. My grandmother is cool as hell, shes really not a car person in the normal sense she buys what she likes at the time. Im from a semi rural area near Beaumont TX so vipers are not to common. The zr1 gets attention but not like a viper. Thank y'all for all of the help.

1ststrike
03-06-2018, 07:26 PM
Grandma has great taste. Looks like you can really get out and enjoy this car.

Hardtopz28
03-06-2018, 07:38 PM
Ive never been super sensitive about my vehicles vettes mustangs Etc cause I drive the hell out of them. This one I'm super anal about. I looked up the recalls and looks like all have been done but the r28 it says incomplete. So back to the dealer it goes. Lol

ForTehNguyen
03-06-2018, 09:39 PM
be sure to join the Houston VOA group on facebook and come to a meet

Hardtopz28
03-06-2018, 11:03 PM
Already joined,thanks for the heads up

commandomatt
03-07-2018, 06:38 AM
Usually, getting a car from Grandma would mean you end up with a 1986 Cadillac that smells like Bengay

Well done. Great looking car

swexlin
03-07-2018, 07:23 AM
I was going to say, I inherited two cars from my grandparents in my youth - after my grandfather passed, I got his 82 Ford Granada, with red velour interior (this was in 84). Two years later, when my dad took my grandma's car keys away, I got her 83 Cutless Cierra, and gave the Granada to her brother for one of his grandkids. Wow - what cars!!! LOL. But as my dad said - they got me there and back!

The Ford was fine, but the Olds was a spectacular POS!

Congrats on the Viper. You'll probably pass R28. If you don't, you get a new engine! Either way, you'll qualify for free warranty extension to 10 years.

Murpowa
03-07-2018, 08:24 AM
You got one bad ass grandma :dude3:

Bruce H.
03-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Grandmothers will never be thought of the same! Great story. Congrats!

ForTehNguyen
03-07-2018, 11:30 AM
Youll enjoy the car more than the 911T. Simple caveman maintenance, rare, exciting, LOUD NOISES

Hardtopz28
03-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the replies I will show her she's a badass. I've been looking for something to drive and stay stock and keep warranty I'm tired of wrenching on modded cars. I appreciate the warm welcome.

Vipes
03-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the replies I will show her she's a badass. I've been looking for something to drive and stay stock and keep warranty I'm tired of wrenching on modded cars. I appreciate the warm welcome.

The car looks mint in the pics! I think you will enjoy it with stock power. Some of the cars with R28 qualify for an extended 10 year power train warranty. If you don’t have it I recommend purchasing an extended warranty. Normally they are not worth it but with a hand made extotic car its worth it. You can extend full warranty for a max of 8 years from the in service date. I’ve shopped around and ClayR, site sponsor, has the best price hands down. The only catch with warranty is it can be a challenge to find a competent viper tech nearby but we have a list on the forums here. Enjoy and congrats again!

ClayR
03-07-2018, 03:07 PM
Congrats on the Viper! That is one bad ass grandma that gets one of these at age 69! If you want to get a warranty, shoot me a pm.

Thanks Vipes for plug.