PDA

View Full Version : New SoCal Sponsor. Eco Luxury Detail

Newport Viper
02-11-2014, 02:04 PM
These guys (Ryan & Knick) put one of the new Ceramic Coatings on my car. Amazing stuff really. I still can't wrap my head around not having to wax the car again. (Waxing messes up the hydrophobicity... cool ....if I know what that meant :o) Anyways, this new stuff is way over my head how it works chemically. Here is a link to explain more.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qAzU3V-OtJHlPVRM9OvQ9iP722yFDnBHbXKGtRlLRFo/edit

Welcome to the Club!

Space Truckin
02-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Well, what $ did it run? :fpopcorn:

BlknBlu
02-11-2014, 04:26 PM
looks like a very durable solution.

Bruce

Newport Viper
02-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Well, what $ did it run? :fpopcorn:

The package pricing for SoCal members is at the bottom of the link above.

If anyone is going to keep there car for a long time or get a '13/14. I really can't say enough about it.

Check out this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT39qAmTtVA&feature=youtu.be

Goes over your clear bra too.

They were detailing cars for my wife's company and, asked me if I wanted to get a Nano Ceramic Coating. I was like whaaaaaaaat? What do you mean I don't have to wax.... huh.... it's crazy cool stuff. Better living through chemistry. :D

Space Truckin
02-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Wow$$$

Detroit Muscle
02-11-2014, 09:30 PM
If the product works as good as they show it, I think it would be worth the $:D

1HOTV10
02-11-2014, 10:15 PM
Impressive….

plumcrazy
02-12-2014, 08:33 AM
nice

Lawrenzo
02-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Do they do lower end detailing as well? I want to get my 2010 Jeep SRT8 cleaned up a bit before I sell it next month, but I'm not thinking a $500 procedure is warranted.

RedTanRT/10
02-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Knick-Ryan,

Thanks so much for all your hard work!!! The finish on my viper looks better today than when it was new! Can't wait to track it and then see how easy it will be to clean up

SoCal Viper Owners, Dave Kuzmiak (silver Gen III) got me hooked up with these guys. When we were at Cars & Coffee in December he showed me his car and explained all the work the guys from Eco Luxury detail did for his viper. It looked great and the surface felt like glass. Many of you folks know Dave is big into keeping his viper looking great. He introduced lots of us to TJ for clear bra and Dave has also taking the club a couple of time to Meguiars.

Dave said not only is their surface treatment great and long lasting, he also spoke about how well they detailed his car before the application. He told me the guys were looking for a track car to show the durability of the finish and ease of cleaning so we finally set up a date in mid-January.

First off, my viper was filthy from Buttonwillow (some of you saw it at C&C). The guys did their dry wash then must have spent 3-4 hours plus buffing all the scratches and imperfections. At that point my viper really looked great, better than when I got it new.

From there they painstaking applied the protective coating, 4 treatments one at a time over the entire car. I was able to watch them do the applications and they were extremely methodical applying and buffing it by hand in small sections.

I've been traveling most of the moth and only had a chance to take the viper out Saturday. It really looks great and I can't wait (if you can believe this) to wash dirt of the car and see how easy it is.

These guys are the experts on this, but from what they showed me and told me the finish is near bullet proof some scratches and swirl marks won't come back. Also, with this protection , no more waxing, just wash and dry.

Anybody is welcome to check out my viper and see and feel the finish as well as pour water on it and see what happens. I'll be at Willow Springs on March 1-2nd, check it out or watch for the upcoming video of how easy it is to clean track grime and tires marks!

Knick-Ryan, thanks again!!!

Mike

Newport Viper
02-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Do they do lower end detailing as well? I want to get my 2010 Jeep SRT8 cleaned up a bit before I sell it next month, but I'm not thinking a $500 procedure is warranted.

They do. That's how I met them. Just doing a basic detail. Give um a ring. Thanks for supporting a SoCal sponsor!

Space Truckin
02-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Spoke to Ryan, I will sign up though I need to lose existing clear bra :-( What are thoughts on Xpel?

Newport Viper
02-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Spoke to Ryan, I will sign up though I need to lose existing clear bra :-( What are thoughts on Xpel?

Had it on my car now for almost ten years. No issues. On my car I just had them go over the clear bra with the Ceramic Pro. With a brand new car like yours it's best to do it from the ground up.

Space Truckin
02-12-2014, 08:34 PM
Yep, that is what I am going to do.Talked w Mike "acrvprc" and he pretty much sealed the deal :-)

Dan Cragin
02-13-2014, 12:09 AM
I had Mikes car in the shop today, just doing some prep for the track. I must tell you, last time I saw this car is was showing its 6000 track miles and needed some love. WOW.

I am not big on these new paint preparations, seen so many over the years. Just keep it clean, wax it and you are good.

I must tell you, whatever this new paint product is, its durable. I put a small area under the car (side panel bottom) to a test, first I took some fine steel wool and rubbed a small area, this would dull any paint out there, no effect. Then I took some abrasive rubbing compound and rubbed a small area, no effect.

The surface looks like glass, and even the areas that were clear bra treated shined.

Seems like a great product for those who track.

Hope this helps.

Newport Viper
02-26-2014, 11:20 PM
Mike, I will be very interested to see what you think about the ease of clean up after your track weekend on the 1st. :car-smiley-003:

Glad you put it to the test Dan!

The best thing I have seen with this is you can continually wash it/quick detail it and, you won’t get swirl marks coming back again and again. Buff the car out once, have the coating installed and you are done with it.

I used to be really into detailing with Meguiars as Mike mentioned but, that was my very late 30’s. Now in later 40’s I can’t bend like I used to. Got to save what I have left for golf. That’s why this coating appealed to me. Just wash it and I’m done.

I had some fun with the guys the other day as we did a 6 month repellency test. Again, better living through chemistry... LOL

http://vimeo.com/87716058

I tried to get a good photo of how the water “beads under itself” (Hydrophobic) and then folds over and rolls off. This eliminates any water spots after a wash. I better get Scott or Lance to get a better pic…

http://driveviper.com/gallery/data/500/HydrophobicPhilic_1_.jpeg

http://driveviper.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_7329.JPG

http://driveviper.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_7332.JPG

http://driveviper.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_7333.JPG

Viper Girl
02-28-2014, 02:32 PM
bumping this thread because it has become a topic of recent conversation.

Newport Viper
03-16-2014, 04:36 PM
Just got back from the clubs awesome desert autocross event with the Vettes!

I put on 293.1 miles and 8 autocross runs.

Here is what my wheels look like with the Ceramic Pro strong for wheels.

Again I'm impressed with how little front brake dust. If your looking to get just a little taste of how good these coatings are just have your wheels done.

http://driveviper.com/gallery/data/500/medium/CeramicProStrongBrakeDust.jpg

Space Truckin
03-16-2014, 04:44 PM
I am scheduled for Wednesday of this coming week, needless to say I am anxious and a bit nervous. Going to do the full Nano Ceramic Gold package. :eek:

Newport Viper
03-16-2014, 04:52 PM
I wish I had a new car to put it on like yours. Hope they build the Vert soon. You will be very happy. They are doing a TA after yours.

sharmut
03-27-2014, 11:32 PM
Any thoughts on the going rate for installation of this product?

Newport Viper
03-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Any thoughts on the going rate for installation of this product?

Pricing and a few more comments here http://socalviper.com/message-board/index.php?topic=1814.0

sjeaglefan
01-12-2015, 03:01 PM
Are any of you guys planning to attend Viper Tracks at Buttonwillow this coming weekend? I would love to see your cars as I am now considering this for my Gen V. Thanks!

RedTanRT/10
01-12-2015, 08:08 PM
sjeaglefan, I can't make it due to a prior commitment, talk to Dan Cragin, he knows my viper well. Also, Anton from Luxury detail said he's going and can tell you plenty.

As an FYI I nailed a cone at CA Speedway Saturday, left a foot long mark on the side of my viper. One of the 'vette guys looked and said, "hopefully that should buff out" Next thing you know I rubbed the mark with my hand and all that was there was rubber from the cone that rolled off, everyone was amazed! It's real good stuff. have fun at BW Mike

Viper Girl
01-12-2015, 09:05 PM
As an FYI I nailed a cone at CA Speedway Saturday, left a foot long mark on the side of my viper. One of the 'vette guys looked and said, "hopefully that should buff out" Next thing you know I rubbed the mark with my hand and all that was there was rubber from the cone that rolled off, everyone was amazed!
Wow that's amazing. Cone be gone...
I have been waiting to see how this product holds up. It's unbelievably hard to keep a black car looking good. I think it goes from here to the corner and picks up every particle of dust like a magnet :lol2:
Basically we are at a year, and you guys are still happy with the product...

RedTanRT/10
01-12-2015, 10:24 PM
Kala, that stuff works great. Dan's partner has a black SRT-10 Truck and says the same things you do about keeping it clean, told him once and done. take care! Mike

GBS
01-13-2015, 06:15 AM
I am not big on these new paint preparations, seen so many over the years. Just keep it clean, wax it and you are good.

I agree, keeping you paint looking good and a matter of keeping it clean. Contaminants can get embedded right in the clear coat if you don't get them off. I don't think any coating is going to prevent this. A cleaner wax and claying if necessary if the best way to keep the paint looking great. If you don't want to swirl up your paint use proper washing and drying techniques. I actually enjoy waxing my cars.

Space Truckin
01-13-2015, 08:12 AM
Had my LE done by Eco and now they take care of all my special stuff. Knick is off the chart w attention to "detail" :dude3:

Viper Girl
01-13-2015, 09:22 AM
I must tell you, whatever this new paint product is, its durable. I put a small area under the car (side panel bottom) to a test, first I took some fine steel wool and rubbed a small area, this would dull any paint out there, no effect. Then I took some abrasive rubbing compound and rubbed a small area, no effect.

The surface looks like glass, and even the areas that were clear bra treated shined.

Seems like a great product for those who track.

I agree, keeping you paint looking good and a matter of keeping it clean.

GBS, to me the important part of Dan's post is quoted above. I trust that if Dan Cragin says it's a worthy product, it is.
I've been curious about this product, but wanted to see if a year or more down the road the product still worked as represented.

sjeaglefan
01-13-2015, 11:28 AM
Awesome! I spoke with Knick last week and told him of the event...I'm glad they will be there. I am 90% sure I am going to have this done the first week of March...its just a long drive from San Jose plus 3 days down south. I think I can pull a work/golf event. I will look for Anton while there. They also said they will honor the pricing they shared in this thread.

Thanks!
Gary