PDA

View Full Version : Drag Rims and Brakes for Gen 2 GTS

JackKeane
03-03-2018, 05:43 AM
Hey guys I’m wondering if anyone has any info on this car. I’ve searched and searched but can’t find anything. Are the Rims Bogarts, CCWs or something else entirely? To me they look to be a 15” rear with at least a 28” tire.

If anyone knows the specs on the Rims and tires I’d appreciate the info. I’d like to know all size dimensions including what needs to be done to get them to fit properly (drag Brakes, spacers, offsets, ect.). I’m thinking of focusing my car more for the strip and would love a setup like this. It would be something different at the car shows too!!

Also any info on the car itself and what else is done to it? It must be pushing some serious power. Oh and goddamn if I don’t love that purple!!

Thanks in advance.3130231303

Nine Ball
03-05-2018, 12:32 PM
Prospeed (formerly D3 Performance) here in Houston built that car. http://www.prospeedautosports.com/

JackKeane
03-06-2018, 02:05 PM
I ended up finding that too. Still wondering what those rims and tires are. Anyone know the largest tire you can fit in the stock wheel well with custom 15” Bogarts and the Drummond Race Cars wilwood small rear brake conversion kit? Both width and height?

JR@Prospeed
03-08-2018, 12:39 PM
Bogart wheels on the Purple Viper.
We had to make modifications to the rear fender and control arms to make this setup fit.

JackKeane
03-09-2018, 08:48 AM
Thanks so much for the reply JR! A little bummed to hear you need to mod the fender. It looks fantastic. Any idea what the biggest 15” Bogarts and drag tires can fit in there stock with no permanent modifications? Would love some rim and tire dimensions.

Nine Ball
03-12-2018, 06:37 AM
Thanks so much for the reply JR! A little bummed to hear you need to mod the fender. It looks fantastic. Any idea what the biggest 15” Bogarts and drag tires can fit in there stock with no permanent modifications? Would love some rim and tire dimensions.

Jack, you can easily fit a 345 wide (13.5") and 28" tall tire under a Viper. Most Viper owners do not need a 15" wheel. You can run low 9s on 18" drag radials, and 17" with a 10.5 wide drag slick will take you deep into the 8s. How fast is your car?

JackKeane
03-12-2018, 11:32 AM
Jack, you can easily fit a 345 wide (13.5") and 28" tall tire under a Viper. Most Viper owners do not need a 15" wheel. You can run low 9s on 18" drag radials, and 17" with a 10.5 wide drag slick will take you deep into the 8s. How fast is your car?

Not fast. Bone stock now but I think I’ll buy a used Roe kit if I can find one complete for a decent price this year. Planning on running 5psi to start and work up with boost and supporting mods. I know I wouldn’t ever need 15”s and such a large tire even with the roe maxed out at around 750whp but I just Love the look so much. I’d keep my stockers and put a nice Drag radial on the rear for most days. I drive the car quite a bit and love the extra low end the roe provides along with the look. I’ll probably end up doing 16” CCWs to start and sell them when I’m ready to pony up for Bogarts.

Is 28” the max height that can be run stock? I realize I may be slowing it down a bit going with too much tire but the look is just as important to me as the go. Otherwise I’d be looking at a Paxton kit over a Roe also.