PDA

View Full Version : New Wheel Announcement Forgestar CF5V

Nine Ball
02-28-2018, 01:44 PM
New Product Announcement!

As your favorite Dodge Viper wheel supplier, Deviate Motoring has been working hard to produce some more affordable Viper wheel options. The maximum widths and 6-lug patterns really limit your choices on the market. I brought the original Forgestar F14 wheels into Viper production, and now we are opening up a new style soon!

Introducing the Forgestar CF5V. Same lightweight rotary forged construction as the F14, and the OEM Sidewinder 2 wheels.

This will be a pre-sale to get the first 25 sets produced. To keep things simple, we will only have one diameter available, and two different color choices. It takes quite an investment to order 25 sets of wheels at time, but the hard work is already done. Here are the details. No other sizes will be offered at this time. We went with the two most popular colors to streamline production, to shorten the delivery time. If you just have to have another color, there will be an added fee for color changes.

Forgestar CF5V
19x11.0 +43 Deep Concave Front
19x13.0 +62 Deep Concave Rear
Choice of Matte Black or Satin Gunmetal Gray
$1900/set shipped in the US 48 States

I will be accepting 50% deposits for pre-orders through March 31, and then the initial batch goes into production. I would estimate it taking 3-4 months before the first sets arrive. These will only be sold exclusively through Deviate Motoring.

Enjoy the renderings. It is a great looking wheel, with an organic spoke shape that compliments the curves of a Viper perfectly. These will fit on all generations and models of the Viper, including the ACR with carbon brakes.
To pre-order, please email me at tony@dv8motoring.com

Thanks!
Tony

cashcorn
02-28-2018, 06:06 PM
Great looking wheels! It's really hard to tell the difference in the colors though? I think the Gunmetal with a clear coat would be the way to go. What would be the best way to clear coat these beauties?

99RT10
02-28-2018, 06:28 PM
Another Home run Tony!!!!! Awesome looking wheel :drive:

Could there be an option not to have the wheel coated and save a little? If left in rough, the buyer could have the wheels Powder coated locally in the preferred color of choice.

cashcorn
02-28-2018, 06:42 PM
Can you do a clear powder coat? thanks

Martyb
02-28-2018, 07:56 PM
No 18” available??

Simms
02-28-2018, 08:08 PM
That's a great looking wheel!

John N
02-28-2018, 08:44 PM
Tony, I see you note that they will fit an ACR with big brakes, but are they strong enough for track use? I note you stated rotary forged. Thanks.

Nine Ball
03-01-2018, 09:12 AM
Great looking wheels! It's really hard to tell the difference in the colors though? I think the Gunmetal with a clear coat would be the way to go. What would be the best way to clear coat these beauties?

Yes, hard to capture in renderings. Think of the factory Gen 5 wheel colors, the Hyper Black vs Matte Black. These two colors are very similar in nature, to those two colors. The gunmetal will have slightly more gloss, matte black will not be glossy.

- - - Updated - - -

Another Home run Tony!!!!! Awesome looking wheel :drive:

Could there be an option not to have the wheel coated and save a little? If left in rough, the buyer could have the wheels Powder coated locally in the preferred color of choice.

I can usually get a $25/wheel discount for shipping them without coating. I'd be happy to include you in the pre-order for a set.

Nine Ball
03-01-2018, 09:14 AM
Can you do a clear powder coat? thanks

These wheels aren't that pretty without coating. They appear like dull gray aluminum. I can ship them without coating, for a $25/wheel discount. Then you could have a local coater do them however. Polish, chrome, etc..

Nine Ball
03-01-2018, 09:16 AM
No 18” available??

I need to minimize the part numbers for the first few production orders. It isn't cheap to develop each size wheel, as it requires more tooling and programming. Eventually, we may produce 18" sizes. Could be a year, depending on the popularity. Viper market is very small, as you know.

Nine Ball
03-01-2018, 09:24 AM
Tony, I see you note that they will fit an ACR with big brakes, but are they strong enough for track use? I note you stated rotary forged. Thanks.

These should be fine for tracking with DOT street tires on all Vipers. I have numerous Viper customers tracking on these Forgestars, even with Hoosiers. The only concern I'd personally have is someone who drives 9/10ths with a new ACR on race tires. That aero combined with race tires adds an entirely new level of side loading. Wheel manufacturers do not test to those limits, to get DOT approval. I'd recommend some CNC 6061 forged wheels for that purpose. People want to go cheap on wheels, but fail to understand that wheels are not where you want to go cheap on, when it comes to racing. One thing most people do not understand is that for tracking, wheels are actually considered consumable items, just like brakes. They need to be carefully inspected after every session, for fatigue or stress cracking. Most people assume you buy one set of wheels and they are supposed to last forever. That is only the case for street driving, not hard tracking.

Nine Ball
03-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Added a Gen 2 rendering to the original post. :)

Tony

Martyb
03-01-2018, 10:50 AM
I need to minimize the part numbers for the first few production orders. It isn't cheap to develop each size wheel, as it requires more tooling and programming. Eventually, we may produce 18" sizes. Could be a year, depending on the popularity. Viper market is very small, as you know.

Understood, thanks Tony.

Slithr
03-01-2018, 01:36 PM
Tony, do you know the clearance between the CCB rotor and wheel drum?

Nine Ball
03-01-2018, 01:50 PM
Tony, do you know the clearance between the CCB rotor and wheel drum?

I do not know this measurement, but I'd assume it is very similar to the factory ACR wheels, as both utilize the same thin-walled rotary forged barrel construction.

cashcorn
03-01-2018, 07:19 PM
I was thinking of doing a clear coat over the Gunmetal.. Just easier to clean.. my thoughts. I think it really depends on the smooth finish of the wheels?

John N
03-01-2018, 10:04 PM
e-mail sent...;)

plumcrazy
03-02-2018, 04:47 AM
beautiful wheel and great price. nice job tony as usual

Nine Ball
03-02-2018, 09:13 AM
I was thinking of doing a clear coat over the Gunmetal.. Just easier to clean.. my thoughts. I think it really depends on the smooth finish of the wheels?

These finishes are powdercoat, very durable like OEM finishes. The Satin Gunmetal has a bit of shine, it isn't dull. Here is the color on another wheel they manufacture. I don't have any Forgestar pics in this color, because it is something new that will only be found on these Viper sets.

You could always have the wheels ceramic coated by a professional detailer, that will make them repel dust and water much better. I would never advise clearcoating over a finished wheel, unless that wheel is bare aluminum.

cashcorn
03-02-2018, 06:09 PM
That finish looks outstanding and similar to the Hyper Black Sidewinders that I have.. I'll let you know soon by pm(uncle sam comes first. uhh). I currently have the V.E. lowering caps and want to get a set of R888R's. What sizes would you recommend in the front(not a fan of the low 295/30). thanks, Greg

Nine Ball
03-02-2018, 08:27 PM
That finish looks outstanding and similar to the Hyper Black Sidewinders that I have.. I'll let you know soon by pm(uncle sam comes first. uhh). I currently have the V.E. lowering caps and want to get a set of R888R's. What sizes would you recommend in the front(not a fan of the low 295/30). thanks, Greg

Exactly. I chose this finish as it is very similar to the Hyper Black SW2 wheels. We recommend these tire sizes:

295/30-19 front
345/30-19 rear, or 355/30-19 depending on brand.

Nine Ball
03-05-2018, 12:37 PM
Update: 6 sets pre-sold so far!

99RT10
03-06-2018, 09:41 AM
Ordered, thanks for everything you do Tony!!!

Nine Ball
03-12-2018, 06:38 AM
Bump for Monday morning! 7 sets pre-sold so far.

Gen3CoupeTX
03-12-2018, 07:05 AM
Tony, it just now hit me that you're the same guy I talked with at Cars and Coffee earlier this month. You gave me a card after I mentioned the attention to detail on the car you were driving, had built. You know how to tempt a guy! Great looking wheels too ...

Nine Ball
03-12-2018, 07:42 AM
Tony, it just now hit me that you're the same guy I talked with at Cars and Coffee earlier this month. You gave me a card after I mentioned the attention to detail on the car you were driving, had built. You know how to tempt a guy! Great looking wheels too ...

Good to meet you!

Tony

imzoomintoo
04-07-2018, 01:09 PM
Did you get these ordered or are you still waiting for a min order?

Nine Ball
04-07-2018, 01:25 PM
Did you get these ordered or are you still waiting for a min order?

25 sets have been ordered, and I still have a few opening available. Email me at tony@dv8motoring.com if you would like a set.

Nine Ball
06-18-2018, 03:05 PM
Everyone! These wheels have started to arrive in CA! Those who paid first will get their orders first. The next batch will be 4-5 months from now. If you want a set, please email me at tony@dv8motoring.com

Thanks for participating in this event, otherwise these would never have been manufactured for us.

Tony

Nine Ball
06-28-2018, 04:39 PM
Installed pics!

Forgestar CF5V Viper
Matte Black
19x11.0 front w/ Pirelli PZero Corsa 295/30-19
19x13.0 rear w/ Pirelli PZero Corsa 355/30-19

Viper is stock suspension, stock height.

Nine Ball
06-28-2018, 04:40 PM

Simms
06-29-2018, 11:47 AM
That looks fantastic.

serpent
07-04-2018, 10:26 PM
That in bronze on that white TA would look siiiiick.

Nine Ball
07-04-2018, 10:30 PM
That in bronze on that white TA would look siiiiick.

Like this? Customer just received his set in Bronze Burst.

serpent
07-12-2018, 10:50 PM
^mama mia!!! i hope the owner posts up some pics!!!

ViperPete
07-13-2018, 07:54 AM
Wow that bronze looks great!

John N
07-26-2018, 10:09 PM
My Bronze Burst in matte finish showed up today and the finish quality is far superior to the factory wheel finish. I thought it might be helpful to some if I posted some pictures of the bronze burst beside factory brass monkey wheels. These are inside the garage and in various perspectives of poor lighting, but it is all I have at the moment. I will take some in sunlight soon and also some after getting tires mounted. Anyway, the finish is much better quality while simultaneously being rougher and even less reflective than the factory finish. I suspect the Bronze Burst Tony showed earlier are the gloss finish, so this should also help show the differences in gloss/matte. Hope this helps anyone wanting more info on the bronze burst finish.

serpent
08-10-2018, 11:08 PM
My Bronze Burst in matte finish showed up today and the finish quality is far superior to the factory wheel finish. I thought it might be helpful to some if I posted some pictures of the bronze burst beside factory brass monkey wheels. These are inside the garage and in various perspectives of poor lighting, but it is all I have at the moment. I will take some in sunlight soon and also some after getting tires mounted. Anyway, the finish is much better quality while simultaneously being rougher and even less reflective than the factory finish. I suspect the Bronze Burst Tony showed earlier are the gloss finish, so this should also help show the differences in gloss/matte. Hope this helps anyone wanting more info on the bronze burst finish.

When are you going to get these mounted? Its been two weeks!!! :(

Nine Ball
08-12-2018, 09:54 PM

Great choice of color you selected. I like those better than Brass Monkey! The pic I posted earlier was Gloss Bronze Burst. Yours are called "Matte Textured Bronze Burst".

Looking forward to seeing them on the ACR!

Tony

brickauto
08-31-2018, 06:42 PM
^mama mia!!! i hope the owner posts up some pics!!!

They look dark in these photos, much "bronzy-er" in direct sunlight ;)

2ndGEN
09-21-2018, 04:08 AM
Hi John! Any chance you have mounted these and have a few pics outside? Also, if you have a moment can you take a quick pic really close up of the finish with low light? Trying to make a big decision. I will owe ya one!! Thanks, Jason

kriskyk
09-29-2018, 01:34 PM
What's the load rating on these wheels?

John N
09-29-2018, 07:19 PM
Hi John! Any chance you have mounted these and have a few pics outside? Also, if you have a moment can you take a quick pic really close up of the finish with low light? Trying to make a big decision. I will owe ya one!! Thanks, Jason

I have been slow to get them on, but have it set up to go see VE Tuesday to get them on and an alignment. Hope to be able to provide those pictures soon.

John N
10-06-2018, 09:50 AM

Picked the car up yesterday after getting them mounted and the low light wasn't much problem since there was a storm rolling in and it was overcast. First let me qualify the pictures, as this is fresh back from VE, the car and wheels/tires are dirty, the lower aero is off the car to get it aligned, and it is just generally not a great set of pictures. Don't worry Tony, I will post some better picture of your wheels when everything is cleaned up. That said, you can see that these wheels appear darker than the factory brass monkeys in low light. I did see them briefly is direct sunlight as the sun appeared from behind clouds and there is a definite metal flake effect to them that shows some interesting color texture. I will try to capture that someday when conditions are right. There is a lot of texture to this finish, so it feels rougher to the touch than most finishes.

On with the pictures.

John N
10-06-2018, 09:55 AM
Here are a couple more showing difference between these and brass monkeys...... I have more pictures uploaded into an album if you want to look at a few more angles.

kriskyk
10-06-2018, 10:42 AM
Are you comfortable with the load rating of these wheels and all that areo?

The stock ACR wheels are built like a tank for a reason?

John N
10-06-2018, 03:15 PM
Are you comfortable with the load rating of these wheels and all that areo?

The stock ACR wheels are built like a tank for a reason?

These wheels are the same manufacturing process as the factory wheels, but that said Tony does not recommend these for track use. For track use on an Extreme he only recommends the Forgeline GTD's. He can chime in with more expertise, but these are deemed perfectly fine for street use.

Nine Ball
10-06-2018, 04:31 PM
Thanks for sharing the photos!

Tony

kriskyk
10-06-2018, 08:07 PM
These wheels are the same manufacturing process as the factory wheels, but that said Tony does not recommend these for track use. For track use on an Extreme he only recommends the Forgeline GTD's. He can chime in with more expertise, but these are deemed perfectly fine for street use.

The stock ACR wheel and these forgestar wheels may use same manufacturer process but the the ACR wheels weigh a bit more and I would suspect it's to increase the load rating to support all that aero stock

Nine Ball
10-07-2018, 04:18 PM
The stock ACR wheel and these forgestar wheels may use same manufacturer process but the the ACR wheels weigh a bit more and I would suspect it's to increase the load rating to support all that aero stock

I've already stated numerous times that these are not recommended for track use on the ACR. I've sold 9 sets to ACR owners, who use them for their street tire combos. Like John said, even Forgeline (who makes much stronger wheels) only recommends ONE of their designs for tracking the ACR. That says a lot.

The factory ACR wheels are extremely heavy, because they still have cast aluminum spokes. They had to make the spokes very thick for handling the side loading of an ACR driven at 10/10ths. The Forgeline GTD1 is stronger than OEM, and much lighter. I have options for those wanting to take tracking seriously, and safely. Just not cheap options. :)

John N
10-07-2018, 07:53 PM
Was moving the cars around today to put the ACR on the lift and what do you know, the sun peeked out. Everything is still kind of dirty but here are a couple pictures trying to show the texture of the color in the matte bronze burst. It has some sparkle in the sun and that provides some depth.

And finally, here is one more low quality picture of a less-than-clean car showing the relative difference between factory black versus the Forgestar matte bronze burst