PDA

View Full Version : Vipers Invade Charleston

Brian GTS
02-15-2018, 10:05 AM
Prepare yourself for historic Charleston for an exciting multi-day event scheduled for April 20th - 22nd! We'll take a scenic drive to a private island and attend the “Cars on Kiawah” event on Saturday morning where we'll have reserved spaces for our Vipers! We’ll enjoy some great restaurants throughout our stay and have plenty of free time to explore historic Charleston!

REASON FOR URGENCY

Initially we had ample time for our group to register our cars for the "Cars on Kiawah" event, but after communicating with organizers this morning, they informed us that a celebrity figure (Dennis Gage from My Classic Car) will be filming at the event and therefore registrations have gone through the roof! We were advised to submit our registrations on Monday, Feburary 19th! Unlike other car shows, THEY NEED NAMES because everyone gets a personalized plaque! Therefore, if you would like a GUARANTEED spot for the show, PLEASE REGISTER NO LATER THAN SUNDAY so we can submit our names to the organizers on Monday! We apologize for the short 3-day window to register for the event, but this was unforeseen.

REGISTRATION

Registration cost for the Charleston event is $35 PER CAR which will cover your registration for the "Cars on Kiawah" event. The club will be paying for your dinner for Saturday evening, so there will be no further expense other than your hotel stay!

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=J72XHHVUGGHVG)

HOTEL

Group discount hotel arrangements have been made at the Holiday Inn Riverview for $189 per night. The hotel has easy in-and-out entry, ample parking, and will reserve parking for our Vipers. There is also a FREE shuttle that will take you downtown in case you do not want to take your Viper! You may reserve your hotel room using the link below (group code "VOA"):

CLICK HERE TO RESERVE YOUR ROOM (https://www.holidayinn.com/redirect?path=hd&brandCode=HI&localeCode=enĀ®ionCode=1&hotelCode=CHSRV&_PMID=99801505&GPC=VOA&viewfullsite=true)

Again, we apologize the short notice to register for this event. We look forward to a great time in Charleston!!!

Brian, Jason, Patrick, and Larry
Your Carolinas VOA Team

dodgefever
02-15-2018, 04:52 PM
Tom and Diane are registered.

billp
02-18-2018, 11:38 AM
Bill & Elaine are registered and looking forward to it!

ACR PHIL
02-18-2018, 05:32 PM
Phil & Melody are registered and ready

Mreeves
02-18-2018, 06:18 PM
Mike and Terri are registered

Brian GTS
02-19-2018, 08:41 AM
Here's an updated list of attendees who have officially registered! Great turnout!

Adam H
Craig & Nina
George & Guest
Mike & Terri
Giovanni F
Claire G
Al & Kristy
Patrick & Tara
Tom & Diane
Bruce E
Corey C
Angel B
Larry & Trish
Brian & Janelle
John D
Rick H
Dan & Tonya
Bill & Elaine
Paul & Joanne
Phil & Melody
Dale & Elizabeth

If anyone else is bringing their significant other, please let us know so we have an accurate head count for dinner!

MoparJohn
02-20-2018, 09:27 AM
Hi All. Do we have a detailer or detailer's lined up to help clean these cars before the show? I am trailering mine down so it will still be clean, but I am thinking for the folks that are driving and will have bugs, break dust and other general road debris on their cars.

No hemi
03-28-2018, 09:51 AM
How many are trailering their Vipers down there?, anyone doing a detail on their car when down there to have it ready for the show on Saturday?

C.J
04-15-2018, 01:22 PM
Sad news, my RT/10 won't be ready in time. Long story, but the front end is off, and AC isn't working, and my Robinair AC service unit is not working. Otherwise, everything is coming up roses. ;)

Nina and I will be there and we'll take the WRX. Fun car, but it's still 6 liters shy of a real engine. :)

VIPERD
04-16-2018, 05:36 PM
Do we have a final attendee list and meet-up locations/times for Friday morning?

plumcrazy
04-17-2018, 06:55 AM
me and a couple of buddies are driving down from charleston sat morning to play the ocean course. hope to see some vipers !

Brian GTS
04-17-2018, 08:09 AM
Yes we do:

Jason, Robyn, & Lily
Craig & Nina
Dale & Elizabeth
Phil & Melody
Paul & Joanie
Bill & Elaine
Dan, Tanya, & Casey
Rick & Guest
John & Katie
Brian & Janelle
Larry & Trish
Angel B & Guest
Corey & Kristen
Bryce & Carrie
Tom & Diane
Patrick & Tara
Al & Kristy
Giovanni F
Mike & Terry
George & Guest
Adam & Jessie
Kevin
Dave & Marcia

Brian GTS
04-17-2018, 08:12 AM
The following information has also been delivered to members via e-mail. For those attending our Vipers Invade Charleston event this weekend:

1) Please click the link below to view the detailed itinerary for the entire weekend. Please PRINT and bring with you so you are aware of the plans, meeting times, departure times, etc.
http://www.carolinasvoa.com/charleston_itinerary.pdf

2) BRING A FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!! The event coordinators for the Cars on Kiawah event REQUIRE that all cars on display to have to fire extinguisher on board. If you don't have one, please take the one under your kitchen sink or pick one up.

3) For the Cars on Kiawah event, it is REQUIRED that we arrive on time and stay for the entire show. Please don't forget your exhibitor pass and display card which you should have received in the mail! If you haven't please let us or know right away!

4) GOOD NEWS! The club is renting a private room and paying for everyone's dinner on Saturday evening! However, the club will not be able to pay for alcoholic beverages. If you would like an alcoholic beverage, please ask your server for a separate check. Thank you for your cooperation!

5) We will be hosting a raffle after dinner for some very unique Viper related prizes! Please bring some extra cash with you if you would like a chance to WIN!

6) Viper Convoy - We have many members attending from the central / northeast parts of NC. Therefore, we have organized a Viper convoy starting in Virginia all the way to Charleston. Below are the meeting locations along the way. I believe most Triangle area members will find it easiest to join the convoy at Exit 73. Central NC members can join at Exit 181a.

9:30am - 10:00am
VA and Triangle members meet - Exxon Station at Exit 73 off I-95
1008 E Cumberland St, Dunn, NC
(After exiting, make right and take first left)

11:15am - 11:30am
Meet central NC members - Shell Station at Exit 181a off I-95
1374 SC-38 W, Latta, SC 29565
(After exiting ~1/4 mile on left)

12:45pm - 2:00pm
Lunch at Cracker Barrel at Exit 98 off I-95
250 Britain St, Santee, SC

3:00pm
Arrive at hotel

* If you have a 2-way radio, please bring and tune in to Channel 10 / 0 *

We look forward to another action packed Carolinas VOA event with friends!

Brian, Jason, Patrick, and Larry
Your Carolinas VOA Team

FVNCViper
04-17-2018, 11:46 AM
Planning a south Wake meetup at 55 and Kennebec Church in Angier. Gas station on corner. Meet at 830a and roll around 850a to Exit 73 meeting point.

2ndGEN
04-18-2018, 09:13 PM
How many are trailering their Vipers down there?, anyone doing a detail on their car when down there to have it ready for the show on Saturday?

He will do express details Friday Afternoon and 1 or 2 at show Saturday before 10am start. You can reach him at 8437799533

PatrickB
04-23-2018, 10:20 AM
Glad to see the Charleston trip finally happened! I know every time it was scheduled in years past we kept running into issues; hope those folks that went had a blast!

plumcrazy
04-23-2018, 04:15 PM
Lot of vipers were there. Nice to see.