PDA

View Full Version : ACR License Plate Brackets

ACRSNK
02-14-2018, 09:43 AM
Anyone sell a removable license plate bracket for a Gen V ACR? You need a front plate in MA and it is becoming increasingly difficult to get a sticker without it.

cubeman
02-14-2018, 09:56 AM
They would seriously not pass you for no front plate? Lol, here in NY $40 bucks gets you passed emissions if need be. I would just install the Tow Hook and then use a U-bolt with a flat aluminum bar. Did it for my compass on the recovery hook and worked perfect.

https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/18469-Gen-5-ACR-front-plate-no-drill-solution

ACRSNK
02-14-2018, 10:19 AM
They would seriously not pass you for no front plate? Lol, here in NY $40 bucks gets you passed emissions if need be. I would just install the Tow Hook and then use a U-bolt with a flat aluminum bar. Did it for my compass on the recovery hook and worked perfect.

https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/18469-Gen-5-ACR-front-plate-no-drill-solution

Not only will they not pass you, but since last October, the entire inspection is on camera, which is linked directly to the Registry, which means full on inspections every time as the whole thing is recorded. I am dreading getting a sticker this year as I hate the thought of someone fumbling all over my car. Going to have to figure something out.

Scott_in_fl
02-14-2018, 10:21 AM
Going to have to figure something out.

Vote Republican in the next local elections. You guys are living in liberal hell up there.

RickyBobby
02-14-2018, 11:00 AM
Anyone sell a removable license plate bracket for a Gen V ACR? You need a front plate in MA and it is becoming increasingly difficult to get a sticker without it.

Parts Rack sells a front plate bracket holder that is also removable. See this thread, pics of a Gen 5 in the thread as well.

Removable Front Plate Holder (https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/1610-License-Plate-holder-from-partsrack)

cubeman
02-14-2018, 11:19 AM
Not only will they not pass you, but since last October, the entire inspection is on camera, which is linked directly to the Registry, which means full on inspections every time as the whole thing is recorded. I am dreading getting a sticker this year as I hate the thought of someone fumbling all over my car. Going to have to figure something out.

NY we have cameras also, they are just tilted facing the shop or on the ground. NYS won't come after you unless your messing up stickers/losing them.

SSGNRDZ_28
02-14-2018, 01:30 PM
I have them in stock. Mounts to the splitter via 2 bolts.

ACRSNK
02-14-2018, 01:40 PM

Just sent you a PM.

Do you have to screw through anything, or are the bolts just to adjust the bracket?

Space Truckin
02-14-2018, 04:59 PM
Vote Republican in the next local elections. You guys are living in liberal hell up there.

^^^This^^^...:t1236:

SSGNRDZ_28
02-14-2018, 08:52 PM
Here are the photos. Two bolts no modification to the car.

2016ACR
02-14-2018, 09:03 PM
I've (2016 ACR non E) used the Parts Rack Gen 1-4 Part # PRO91 (?) mount. It "snaps" onto the grill and can be removed easily. To keep it from moving at speed I have an installed tow hook which keeps it in place (remove for HDPE!). I have another "solution" that uses the fasteners for the splitter extension, but it is almost impossible to use because of the access to the fasteners if the extension is installed (Doug Shelby mount - could be my install). Bottom line, for track use removable Parts Rack solution; daily driver without splitter extension I'll keep the DS mount - low profile meets Texas requirement.

SSGNRDZ_28
02-15-2018, 08:29 AM
Interesting I’ve only ever installed it with the extension in place. Kind of tight but with a ratcheting wrench not a huge deal. Is it that much easier without the extension?

2016ACR
02-15-2018, 07:01 PM
With the extension in place I was unable to force enough space (using a strong foam piece) between the facia and the extension to get the bolts into place let alone secure them with Doug's solution. Doug Shelby's solution works well without the extension, but my "fat fingers" couldn't work in the restricted space created by the extension.

Martin2000GTS
02-16-2018, 11:57 AM

Chris, I would bring it to the place where I bought mine. I would assume they would hook us up. Tell the to do an oil change at the same time so they make some bucks out of it.

Martin2000GTS
02-16-2018, 11:58 AM

I always do, But the results are never even close. Why anyone enjoys living in MA is beyond me.

ACRSNK
02-16-2018, 03:12 PM
Chris, I would bring it to the place where I bought mine. I would assume they would hook us up. Tell the to do an oil change at the same time so they make some bucks out of it.

Probably what I am going to do. You going back there in the Spring?

smhog
02-16-2018, 04:03 PM
Chris and Martin, if you guys go there at the same time we can make an event out of it.

Chris, just use some double sided tape lol

ACRSNK
02-16-2018, 04:43 PM
Chris and Martin, if you guys go there at the same time we can make an event out of it.

Chris, just use some double sided tape lol

Double sided tape might just work.

At least we have a new event now. Good thinking Tim!

ACRSNK
04-20-2018, 11:42 AM

Just ordered. I assume no drilling required.

SSGNRDZ_28
04-20-2018, 12:50 PM
Just ordered. I assume no drilling required.

Correct. Nothing I sell requires drilling with the exception of front stone guards. Thank you.

Doug

blingnoring
04-20-2018, 01:17 PM

^^^ absolutely this

ACRSNK
04-20-2018, 03:08 PM
Correct. Nothing I sell requires drilling with the exception of front stone guards. Thank you.

Doug

Thanks Doug!

ACRSNK
04-26-2018, 04:38 PM
Received yesterday. Thanks for the quick turnaround Doug.