PDA

View Full Version : Get Your Motor Running V 5 0

Brian GTS
02-14-2018, 07:32 AM
Spring is just around the corner! This also usually means it is "preventive maintenance season" for our Vipers. To help, on March 3rd, we will host our fifth annual "Get Your Motor Running V5.0" event to help get your Viper ready to slither through the season!

We will have 2 lifts available to perform oil, differential, clutch, transmission, and brake fluid changes (time permitting). If you're not a maintenance guru and never have performed your own service, that's okay! We have plenty experience on hand to help, and you can learn a lot about your Viper! If you don't have maintenance needs, that's okay.....just come and hang out!

Capital Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram from Garner will have a parts van on site stocked with the appropriate OEM oil filters, differential, clutch, transmission, and brake fluids available for purchase. The only item you need to bring is your choice of motor oil! I believe most are running the Mobil 1 0W-40 formula these days. Below are the estimated oil fill capacities for the various generations (rounded up to the nearest quart):

1992-2002 - 9 quart
2003-2017 - 11 quart
Of course it never hurts to buy an extra quart! :)

The event will be hosted at my home in Wake Forest, NC from 8:00am - 4:00pm. FREE lunch will be provided to Carolina VOA members. Immediately following the event, we will enjoy a group dinner at one of the fine restaurants in the area.

RSVP DETAILS

If you plan to attend this event, please RSVP ASAP with:

1) The YEAR of your car.
2) Indicate which fluids you would like to have replaced (O - Oil, D - Differential, C - Clutch, B - Brake (time permitting), T - Transmission). Or, simply reply back with "ALL" if you wish to have all fluids replaced.
3) Finally, please let us know if you be purchasing fluids "on-site" so we can ensure we have adequate inventory. A simple "YES" if you plan to purchase on-site or "NO" if you plan to purchase them elsewhere will do. Again, motor oil will not be provided, so bring your own, but everything else can be purchased from the parts van at VERY GOOD prices.

For those coming from afar, we may have a guest room or two available to accommodate your overnight stay. We also have some nice hotels in the area.

Brian, Jason, Patrick, and Larry
Your Carolinas VOA Team

Brian GTS
02-14-2018, 07:35 AM
Here's who has RSVP'd so far:

Patrick & Tara
Al & Kristy
Larry & Trish
Tom
Rick
Adam
Angel
Marko

dirtyboot
02-14-2018, 02:46 PM
Would love to, but have obligations in Asheville that weekend.

braunstein82
02-15-2018, 11:26 PM
2006 o,d,c,t yes

Brian GTS
02-16-2018, 08:30 AM
Ok Matt, thanks. Added a couple others. ;)

Brian & Janelle
Patrick & Tara
Al & Kristy
Larry & Trish
Craig
Tom
Rick
Adam
Angel
Marko
Matt

braunstein82
03-03-2018, 08:59 PM
Great seeing everyone today. Big thanks to Craig and Brian. Brian for letting you make us mess of his new garage. Craig for helping with every car, your wisdom make things alot easier and I'm sure go faster.

Brian GTS
03-05-2018, 07:34 PM
What a great day! It was nice to see old friends and make some new! Big thanks to Craig as always for this wisdom and efforts to make this event a success...and thanks to Tom Sessions for hanging out with us, sharing his knowledge, and providing us tips! We're so fortunate to have such a great Viper tech in our backyard! Thanks to those who drove several hours just to hang out...and thanks to many of you who offered to help clean up at the end of the day. Great cars, great people!!!

...and the biggest THANK YOU of all to Capital Chrysler Dodge Jeep and Al Humphries for their contribution to this event. For the past FIVE YEARS, Capital CDJR and Al have assisted us with hosting this event by bringing their parts van and providing discounted fluids and parts to members. They also collect all of our nasty used fluids and haul them away! Big thanks to Al for his time compiling the list of parts and fluids needed and preparing them for this event. There were many changes this year and he kept everthing in line. We couldn't do it without you guys!

Here is a fantastic video Zack created with some great drone footage!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF_qT9D7unU

Brian GTS
03-05-2018, 07:36 PM

Brian GTS
03-05-2018, 07:39 PM

.....and a cool drone image compliments of Zack!!!

Fatboy 18
03-06-2018, 01:35 AM
Thanks for posting the pics, beautiful setting and looks like the weather was on your side too :)

DaveW
03-06-2018, 05:12 AM
Great day, except for the wind! A bad hair day for me as evidenced in the video...:anonymous:

Thanks, Brian and family, for opening your beautiful home and hosting the event. Amazing!

C.J
03-06-2018, 08:15 PM
Awesome day! Many thanks to Brian and Janelle for being such gracious hosts and opening up their beautiful home to us all! Capital CJDR was so helpful with providing Big Bertha again (you have to search this site if you want some context here) as well as parts and fluids at a great price. Tom Sessions, it was great to catch up with you and thank you for the maintenance tips...much appreciated!

When I think back on Saturday, I'm humbled by the amazing folks in our club. It was a joy to catch up with old friends and meeting new members, and I was happy to see so many members from Virginia.

And a big plus that day was...no pollen!

Zach, thanks for the video. That drone of yours is pretty cool! Mike and Ted, great to meet you both. Carrie and Bryce, it was a pleasure to meet you all too. Brian, that new garage is a home run!

Thanks again to all that organized this event. I know it takes time, and I'm very appreciative of everyone's energy to make this such a fun event!