PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered GTS Viper , need help due to lack of info! ==>Please help :)

ieem01172
10-28-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi,

I recently placed an order for an SRT VIPER GTS and it turned to D status on the 22nd of October.
Can any of you give me a possible/predicted timeline of the car and possible descriptions ?

Example:

Status (D)

Date(10/22/2013)

What is done to the car (Engine, etc...)

I keep on nagging my dealer, but without luck. Please calm me down :(

Thanks and I really appreciate your help, honest.

VENOM V
10-28-2013, 12:58 PM
First off, congrats! I was in the first wave of ordering a 2013, ordered back in Nov of 2012 and received the car in August. I'd imagine wait will be a lot shorter, now that they've got the factory humming. Communication on build status or delivery is not SRT's strong suit, hopefully they'll improve soon. For me it was an exercise of patience, but couldn't be happier with the Viper now that it's here.

Off topic - You probably noticed that I blew my top over at the Alley. I don't normally lose it like that, but those guys were just piling on your thread with such a level of disrespect, my blood was boiling. Lots of great guys over there, but man they've got some real losers. I'm done with the Alley, I was giving their forum a chance but I see why it has such a bad rep. We are hoping that the new VOA forum doesn't get sucked into the black abyss like that.

So what color and options did you order?

ieem01172
10-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Black
Red interior
Carbon Fiber external package
18 speakers
sidewinder wheels
Do the GTS' come with power folding mirrors ?
Thanks again for "defending" me at the Alley :)

ViperSmith
10-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Good luck with your order. The cars are great, no matter what the children at the Alley think :)

JonB ~ PartsRack
10-28-2013, 02:24 PM
D-status means it is an accepted, audited, sold order.

"Nothing" is specifically built in D status. "D-1" means you have a build-date. Do Ensure your dealer enters this as a SOLD ORDER, with your name, and GET A COPY! 6 a day are built. Should get built SOON, IF-IF-IF the dealer enters the order properly. "Newbee" SRT delaers can slip-up on it.

JonB ~ PartsRack
10-28-2013, 02:27 PM

"Nothing" is specifically built in D status. "D-1" means you have a build-date. Do Ensure your dealer enters this as a SOLD ORDER, with your name, and GET A COPY! 6 a day are built. Should get built SOON, IF-IF-IF the dealer enters the order properly. "Newbee" SRT delaers can slip-up on it.

Another thing: Some "Zones" get faster deliveies than others, simply due to logistics? Where is your DEALER?
Or, where is the ViperGTS being delivered if its a courtesy-delivery not to the selling dealer?

Oh..........No power folding mirrors on VIPER ! Never heard that queston before !!

Thats a Grand Cherokee SRT8 / Overland option / standard

ieem01172
10-29-2013, 04:33 AM

Another thing: Some "Zones" get faster deliveies than others, simply due to logistics? Where is your DEALER?
Or, where is the ViperGTS being delivered if its a courtesy-delivery not to the selling dealer?

Oh..........No power folding mirrors on VIPER ! Never heard that queston before !!

Thats a Grand Cherokee SRT8 / Overland option / standard

I am ordering the car from Saudi Arabia's official jeep dodge chrysler ... dealer. Would that change anything ?
Also, since you know a lot !, can you give a prediction as to when the car will change from status to another ??
Thanks so much, you were very helpful .

F2V
10-29-2013, 05:29 AM
Venom V...I saw how this fellow was disgracefully treated, and your well written rebuke. I deleted them from my favorites after reading that thread too, although the powers there get credit for giving the VOA it's initial home.

ieem..I was in the Kingdom several years ago. Saw 4 lane empty straight roads, for as far as the eye could see, and 'nothing' to crash into. Reminded me of the Bonneville Salt Flats, except concrete. You're going to be the king of the top end speeders :-)

bluesrt
10-29-2013, 10:44 AM
good luck on finding out when your car goes to another status, no-one knows, forget about it and it will go faster(a watched pot never boils)

JonB ~ PartsRack
10-30-2013, 12:43 PM
I am ordering the car from Saudi Arabia's official jeep dodge chrysler ... dealer. Would that change anything ? Also, since you know a lot !, can you give a prediction as to when the car will change from status to another ?? Thanks so much, you were very helpful .

YES, an International Order would change things involving the Zone process...but Congratulations!

I have some small concerns on your behalf......

1) any USA Dealer that is authorized to sell SRT products must become an SRT Dealer. Since you have a D-status, it should be OK...or the dealer would not get an accepted order.

2) SRT did build export cars beyond North America! Did NOT do that for G4. It is possible to locally order/ aquire a Gen 5 for some Int'l countries. {I think Fiat made that happen.}

3) I think a USA Black/Red GTS could be completed relatively soon...< 2-3 weeks. Sometimes an entire order can be held up due to Wheel Option! This depends on vendor supply issues. Parts supply has not been a G-5 issue!

4) Export cars are sequenced and built seperately. They have different emisisons configurations. THAT International component could delay you.

And I have no idea how/when your Kingdom dealer gets transport...would probably just add to an existing / next containerized order. Maybe you could pay for Air Freight fedEx / UPS Transport? We hear and know of "royal treatment" by air of exotic cars to your area of the world.

4 ) Ieem, If you trust/email me the last 9 numbers of your VIN (no PM please) I will do my best to snoop in MI for you. and reply directly. Email: JonB@PartsRack.com

ieem01172
10-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Just emailed it to you, please confirm that you received it.

Bill Pemberton
11-04-2013, 01:39 PM
I think we have been chatting over the past few months and mentioned to you that it might not be long before you were able to order a Viper in your Country or nearby in the Middle East. It is quite likely your Dealer does not understand the letter system, so if you or he would like to email me I would be happy to try and assist you with the process. It would be great to get some cars over in your part of the World ----- you could be the one to start a chapter of the VOA !!!

- - - Updated - - -

Whoops, sorry , my email is billpemberton@woodhouse.com