PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone tracking with 19" wheels all the way around Non ACR

MISSEDSHIFT09
02-03-2018, 09:00 PM
There is a gorgeous set of Forgline VX1's for sale on here I'd love to own for the track. Does anyone have any experience tracking a NON-ACR with 19" wheels on all four corners? My fear is I will tighten it up with taller front tires. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Arizona Vipers
02-03-2018, 09:05 PM
There is a gorgeous set of Forgline VX1's for sale on here I'd love to own for the track. Does anyone have any experience tracking a NON-ACR with 19" wheels on all four corners? My fear is I will tighten it up with taller front tires. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated!

What are your goals with these? Hoosiers? Street tires?

MISSEDSHIFT09
02-03-2018, 09:14 PM
What are your goals with these? Hoosiers? Street tires?

Starting with Toyo R888R's.

ViperGeorge
02-04-2018, 12:39 PM
I would try to match the height of the stock tires. The 19" Kumhos from the ACR would work - they are the same diameter as the 18" Viper tires. The fronts do tend to wear quickly but maybe on a non-ACR without the aero they would last longer. Without the ability to adjust rake you have the potential of upsetting the car if you go too tall in the front.

13COBRA
02-04-2018, 01:16 PM
I'm sure they're gorgeous...but I wouldn't run 19's squared.

I'd really like to get to square 18s, for tire selection and a little taller sidewall to help regulate the air pressure better.

Just my opinion, and I'm sure there are plenty of people running 19s with great success.

Arizona Vipers
02-05-2018, 01:15 PM
Non ACR? 18's up front all day long. 19 or 18 in the back, doesn't really matter. Don't save a few bucks and lock yourself into the front tire 19" prison.

MISSEDSHIFT09
02-05-2018, 02:22 PM
Wishful thinking that 19's would be a good fit for the track I suppose.

Appreciate the response!

The set OUTNUMBERED is selling won't last long at the prices he's asking..

13COBRA
02-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Wishful thinking that 19's would be a good fit for the track I suppose.

Appreciate the response!

The set OUTNUMBERED is selling won't last long at the prices he's asking..

Buy them and use them for street use...and use your stockers for the track.

serpent
02-05-2018, 04:18 PM
While the 18" diameter front wheel has been around forever, isnt the trend going up to 19's?

I ask because there are only a few 18" wheels that can fit 6 piston caliper setups. And the ever growing rotor size (porsche with 410mm rotors) and even the viper's 390mm, 18" is out of the question. There is no question you have more 18" tire choices, but if you're like me and like michelin's street tires you're set and wont need xyz choices.

Btw OP, I'm using running 19/20 setup for street use. I believe I'm getting better MPG too.
I just did a day tip to carmel, drove around there and pacific beach and got back home with around 3/8 tank left. I think that's about 240+ miles give or take.

MISSEDSHIFT09
02-05-2018, 07:22 PM
Good thought. I feel like my stock rattlers are too fat. Looking for a light weight wheel for the track.

13COBRA
02-06-2018, 08:56 AM
Good thought. I feel like my stock rattlers are too fat. Looking for a light weight wheel for the track.

Gotcha.

SWIIs would be a great choice.

But if they're strictly track use, I would look for a 18" wheels. I've been toying with the idea of getting two sets of the Gen IV ACR Sidewinders and widening the fronts so I can run 18x11 and 18x13 in those wheels.

serpent
02-06-2018, 10:46 AM
Yea those are the heaviest wheels on the gen V. If you are sticking to the stock brake setup and want oem. The best wheel is SWIIs. They are light as hell. For aftermarket I would get the forgeline GTD1. Nearly the same weight as the SWII but much stronger made for racing use.

MISSEDSHIFT09
02-08-2018, 08:37 PM
I think for now I'm going to order a set of R888R's for my rattlers and see if I can shave a few seconds at Watkins. We'll go from there.. In hopes another nice used wheel set pops up for sale..

outnumbered
02-09-2018, 11:30 AM
Call JohnB on the Toyo's. I don't know that anyone has them as cheap as him.

parabs
02-10-2018, 08:17 PM
Gotcha.

SWIIs would be a great choice.

But if they're strictly track use, I would look for a 18" wheels. I've been toying with the idea of getting two sets of the Gen IV ACR Sidewinders and widening the fronts so I can run 18x11 and 18x13 in those wheels.

Tire Rack sells O.Z. Wheels in 18x11 and 18x13. I don’t think I’d slice and widen a flow formed cast wheel. I have read the barrels on those wheels are very thin. For OEM I believe that includes the oem Gen 4 ACR sidewinders, the 6 spokes abs the Gen 5 sidewinder 2’s.

ayousef
02-11-2018, 05:16 AM
While the 18" diameter front wheel has been around forever, isnt the trend going up to 19's?

I ask because there are only a few 18" wheels that can fit 6 piston caliper setups. And the ever growing rotor size (porsche with 410mm rotors) and even the viper's 390mm, 18" is out of the question. There is no question you have more 18" tire choices, but if you're like me and like michelin's street tires you're set and wont need xyz choices.

Btw OP, I'm using running 19/20 setup for street use. I believe I'm getting better MPG too.
I just did a day tip to carmel, drove around there and pacific beach and got back home with around 3/8 tank left. I think that's about 240+ miles give or take.

240miles and still had that much gas left? My car wont even do 240miles on a full tank lol.

Arizona Vipers
02-11-2018, 10:17 AM
Tire Rack sells O.Z. Wheels in 18x11 and 18x13. I don’t think I’d slice and widen a flow formed cast wheel. I have read the barrels on those wheels are very thin. For OEM I believe that includes the oem Gen 4 ACR sidewinders, the 6 spokes abs the Gen 5 sidewinder 2’s.

Those OZ wheels are great and fit all generations of Viper's. Jon B sells them as well!