PDA

View Full Version : Tire wear help

Blue96GTS
02-02-2018, 12:53 AM
Front pics of my Pirelli Pzero tires that I've had on the car for over 2 years now. The tires have been to NVE2 and back (Denver), they've been on most of the local Viper outings including a trip to South Dakota last year, and they've been on the track more than a handful of days. There may have been some donuts in there as well... I'd say they did OK so far, given what they've been asked to do.

Hoping you can take a look at these pics, and give me an idea of where my alignment is off?? The excessive wear is on the inside of the tire, not the outside. As you can see, the outside and the rest of the tire seems to be wearing fairly even, but the inside is excessively scalloped by comparison. Pics are from the drivers side which is somewhat worse than the passenger side. Rear tires (PZero) are wearing evenly side-to-side.

I have the "track alignment" on the car, as posted here in the forums. I initially assumed camber, but could be toe...?? Wondering if my worn-out original shocks (65k miles) could also be part of the issue?? New shocks/springs are on their way as part of the winter refurbish.

Hoping your expertise can help me pinpoint my problem, and perhaps make a recommendation for my future alignment visit.

Thanks,
Mike

Full Front Tire Pic:

Worn Inside of tire:

OK Outside of tire:

Special Ed
02-02-2018, 06:34 AM
From what I can tell from the pictures it looks like a camber issue. Track alignments do not provide for good wear for regular street driving as they have increased negative camber numbers. The choices you have are 1) align the car with street setting, improve the wear pattern, and lose front end grip when you track. 2) align the car before and after every track event. 3) leave it alone as you already know what you have and replace the tires when needed.