PDA

View Full Version : does anybody know if a gen 3 bumper is the same as a gen 4?

jaggerman
02-10-2014, 03:23 PM
does anybody know if a gen 3 bumper and front wing is the same as a gen 4?
thanks

8.4L 154
02-10-2014, 04:25 PM
I'm afraid I have no idea, but I see you also posted in the main gen3/4 forum as well so hopefully there will be wiser bods than me in there. There is a chance though as many of the Gen 4 changes were to the running gear with only superficial body changes such as the hood, It is also possible to shoehorn a gen1 bumper onto a gen2 and they were different so even if they aren't the same you may still be able to make it fit.

mjorgensen
02-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Yes they are interchangeable

JonB ~ PartsRack
02-10-2014, 05:15 PM
does anybody know if a gen 3 bumper and front wing is the same as a gen 4?
thanks

Gen 3 FRONT Bumper yes....
Front WING? What front wing ?

8.4L 154
02-10-2014, 06:42 PM
American speak for front wing is the fender, here in old blighty we call the body panel over the wheel the wing. Subtle differences in the lingo that makes me not so daft when I claim to be bilingual as I am fluent in English and American lol although I do still get caught out with occasional blank stares in the parts departments of a few Dodge and Chevrolet dealers.

Other ones of note are

Bonnet >Hood
Boot > Trunk
Indicator > Flasher
Badge > Emblem
Engine > Motor

And don't get me started on ordering a Raspberry Lemonade in a restaurant, it can turn into anything from ice tea, Ginger ale to any other substitute beverage (drink) the sever decides the funny talking bloke (dude, man) looks like he may like.

Ps (as humour doesn't always translate either) I'm not having a go at Americans, I spend 1/4 of the year your side of the pond.

VIPER BAZ UK
02-24-2014, 05:03 PM
Disc > rotor
Wheel nuts > lug nuts