PDA

View Full Version : Party Goers - Thank You!

SmoknTires
02-10-2014, 02:58 PM
On behalf of the club, I wanted to thank everyone for coming to this weekend's 20th anniversary (and technically 1st anniversary for the new club) party! We once again shattered a record as we had 254 people in attendance! Absolutely amazing. You guys are unbelievable! All of the details are available on our website at: www.illinoisvipers.com.

I want to thank a bunch of very special people who participated in one of the largest and toughest setups we've ever had. Most of those 30 folks put in a full 24 hour day of hard labor to put on this event! They truly were selfless so that folks could enjoy a few hours of fun. I want to thank: Dave Catalanello, Mark & Jo & Spencer Schumann, Roger & Diane Dittrich, John Tubbs & Darlene, Paul Krant & Heather Manna, Jeff & Brooke Cash, Randy & Tammie Mather, Rob & Bonnie Buckman, Roy & Jeannie Hallman, Roger Massie, Howie Frank, Kim Peterson & Patty Wirth, Gary & Kathy Grube, Eric Ludewig, Ryan Overby, Jim and Kay Cichy, Wayne & D'Ann Rauh, Rosa Gueli Guelli, Deb & Dave Ruckert, Nathan Barnhill, and Kristina Ristanovic. There were even more who stopped in to help, I'm sure I don't have them all but wanted to express the clubs gratitude for those who planned their day around helping.

And for those who donated cars, I want to give a big thanks. Getting cars prepped, cleaned, and transferred in the middle of a snow storm isn't easy! Some cars had to be removed because they didn't pass the fire inspector's stringent needs (a 1st for us), we had 21 cars total in the plan! I want to thank every one of them for putting in the effort before, during, and after the party - lots of work gets into shipping those cars from all over the place (and some from FAR out of state!). They were: Roy Hallman, Larry Friend, John Gastman (2 cars), Bill Sampognaro, Jhan Dolphin, D'Ann Rauh (2 cars), Mark Schumann, David Catalanello, Alex Ristanovic, Trevor wolf, Eric Ludewig, Roger Dittrich, Nathan Barnhill, Kim Peterson, Aaron Vanassche, and our friends at SRT (2 cars)! Some of the cars were not only spectacular but we were lucky to have them in our presence. This was for nothing more than to make everyone at that party feel special.

And last I also want to thank all of the IL Region sponsors who make all of this possible. You can see them at: http://www.illinoisvipers.com/sponsors. It's important to mention that the sponsors you saw at the party (and see on the website) are the current (and outgoing) sponsors for 2013 (as our sponsor year runs from April-March). So in case you are a new sponsor for this year, your name or logo will appear starting this April.

How I can thank all of you for coming out - driving hours, flying in, braving the weather?! Passion or just crazy... Doesn't matter, we didn't have a single cancellation. Who the heck comes out to a party the size of a mini-VOI during a snowstorm in February in these numbers??? We do, and it's what makes us special! Kudos to all of you!

PS. And for those who want to see the SRT & VIP Posse rap video again, it's indeed available on our website at http://www.illinoisvipers.com/videos.

BlknBlu
02-10-2014, 03:17 PM
What an awesome party, will be back for sure next year.

Bruce

Viper Wizard
02-13-2014, 08:34 AM
I had lots of fun and what a great party!! Thank you Alex and thank you IL Club for inviting me! :cool:

Brad00GTS
02-13-2014, 12:43 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it. Maybe if we don't have a meeting in Detroit next year I can make this my one excursion I'm allowed during tax season.

Leslie
02-13-2014, 12:47 PM
Thank you Alex for all the hard work you did!

We had a blast!

JonB ~ PartsRack
02-13-2014, 12:50 PM
I only discovered 48-hrs AFTER the event that a VOA Moderator was sitting right behind me, unknown and un-introduced, incognito and incommunicado. [Even tho I said a friendly hello, I only got a sly-smile back!]

Is it being paranoid to think that this Mod was more than just a casual observer? Had some "official" role? Cell-phone in hand to capture any errant move or comment on my part? The one-time I dared heckle a raffle winner the M.C. publicly mentioned banning............

Much better looking than the last 2 bouncers I encountered there in 2011 tho........

IM NOT MAKING THIS UP!

01sapphirebob
02-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Thanks Alex for the invite! It was a great time.

plumcrazy
02-13-2014, 01:48 PM
thats a boatload of people to attend a party. nice !

Leslie
02-14-2014, 06:15 AM
Jonb you are too funny!

radta7
03-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Great party. Next year, lets hope for less snow.

KRATEDISEASE
03-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Your all welcome

SmoknTires
03-06-2014, 05:10 PM
I only discovered 48-hrs AFTER the event that a VOA Moderator was sitting right behind me, unknown and un-introduced, incognito and incommunicado. [Even tho I said a friendly hello, I only got a sly-smile back!]

Is it being paranoid to think that this Mod was more than just a casual observer? Had some "official" role? Cell-phone in hand to capture any errant move or comment on my part? The one-time I dared heckle a raffle winner the M.C. publicly mentioned banning............

Much better looking than the last 2 bouncers I encountered there in 2011 tho........

IM NOT MAKING THIS UP!

Heheh, yes, I'll vouch for this. I'm glad we're a new club now.

Too much innuendo for those to know what Jon is talking about, but I'm sure he'd tell you the story! (including the raffle winner of the 60 inch television and how that was characterized quite sadly by a certain group).

PS It took 30 of us 2 days to get sleep and overcome soreness! Long day!