PDA

View Full Version : Stoptech two piece rotors vs RB rotors both at 355mm

serpent
01-29-2018, 02:38 PM
Any reason to go with RB rotors?
They're virtually the same size, but read that RB has better materials so there is better heat dissipation.
One thing I noticed about the OEM stoptech two piece rotors is the weight. They're about 3lbs lighter per wheel vs RB, and obviously lighter than the solid iron rotors.

My base '15 SRT is mostly street driven and I'm not a driver like Darius or Luke McGrew. I want to do occasional track days and plan to get better brake pads. I recently weighed my car (a little over half tank of fuel) at the scales and it came in at 3360. My wheels are heavier than the stock venoms, mods in my signature + 18-speaker upgrade.

texasram
01-29-2018, 04:37 PM
After racing a hellcat and slamming on the brakes at 167 to barely make the line at a red light, and noticing no fade during or after, im a stop tech believer for life.

serpent
01-29-2018, 04:55 PM
After racing a hellcat and slamming on the brakes at 167 to barely make the line at a red light, and noticing no fade during or after, im a stop tech believer for life.
There’s a 31lb different between the two setups, solid rotors vs stoptech two piece. Gain performance everywhere on light rotors. Probably get more mpg too since motor isn’t working as hard trying to spin heavy wheels, mine. Lol

Arizona Vipers
01-29-2018, 05:19 PM
You will NEVER experience any fade on those stoptechs. I tracked the hell out of mine before going to carbon brakes and loved them. Just use good brake fluid and always bleed before every track weekend.

Voice of Reason
01-29-2018, 06:56 PM
Stoptechs are so good I’ve considered taking my Brembos off and putting them on to save weight. I’m not hotlapping for a half hour where the TA Brembos start to show their resistance to fade so I really wonder if the lighter weight at each corner would be more beneficial for my 2 hero laps per session.

sharmut
01-29-2018, 08:33 PM
Have a set (front and rear) of AP-Racing J-hook rotors that may be up for sale. Used for 3 track days. Will know in the next week or so.

esm_viper
01-29-2018, 10:24 PM
You will NEVER experience any fade on those stoptechs. I tracked the hell out of mine before going to carbon brakes and loved them. Just use good brake fluid and always bleed before every track weekend.

Was that with the stock brake pads? Because I had brake fade at COTA with stock pads, factory Stoptechs and Castrol SRF.

Racingbrake
02-09-2018, 09:34 AM
Racingbrake two piece rotors have wider annulus than stock that allow you to run wider TA pad, a larger pad means you can run the same braking at lower temperature than smaller pad.