PDA

View Full Version : 2016 ACR ARH Headers Dyno Results vs Stock

lmcgrew79
01-20-2018, 10:59 PM
Some interesting data from the dyno today all these dynos was done on different days except the top 2 but the same dyno every time within the last 2 years. The dyno is a Dynojet 224 which I have used to dyno most every car I've owned. The correction factor today was .99 and all the numbers was using Dynojets correction factor and are SAE numbers. This dyno is also known to read a bit lower than others, but either way the gains are what they are.

The purple or bottom line was bone stock around 3k miles . 532/498

The green line, next one from bottom, was with the Arrow PCM and Random Tech cats only . The car actually lost power and we also a/b the arrow control and factory computer but the numbers didn't change other than standard variation. The car ran 1 point leaner with the arrow but didn't make any more power. Was odd at the time but i started suspecting something was weird. These same numbers is what we got when running the exact same cats on my 2014 TA with the Arrow controller, after putting them both cars they sounded much better but I believe flowed worse than the factory cats. I assumed this ever since i put them on but was not for sure. The reason I believe the power is reduced is because the cans where the metal cats actually reside are smaller in diameter than the factory cats. So even if the materials flow better I think volume is reduced therefore reducing flow. Also these pipes have a very short span of 3 inch pipe, then cat, then to 2.5 pipe, then 90 degrees and into muffler. This is only my theory. 521/481

The red and blue runs, top 2, was both from today and resulted in best numbers this far. This is with the arh headers, stock mufflers and arh cats. 553/525

K&N Air filter only!!! For the last 2 runs we put in the K&N filter just to see what would happen. The K&N to our surprise netted 8hp and about 10 ft lbs or torque.

Obviously restricting flow on most any car is gonna reduce hp, but it seems these cars a pretty sensitive to it. Hence the cat gain and the k&n gain. I've read many times that the K&N does nothing and maybe that is true on a bone stock car IO don't know but my car gained real power because of it so who knows. After reading the info from Scot in Jacks post and learning the ARH cats net 10 rwhp it makes me want to pull the cats off and run straight pipes but i'll probably hold off for now because of sound limit at certain tracks. The car sounds really good as it sits right now. The peak gains aren't massive but are not bad for a N/A engine, the look at those numbers in the mid range! The dotted line is at 4500 rpm and the largest gain in the pull, its around 30-40 hp and 40-50 ft lbs. Massive improvement and should help a lot on certain tracks where I'm kinda in between the long gearing. Super happy with the ARH headers and results.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/lmcgrew79/Autos/2016%20Viper%20ACR/D0B2DA6C-8258-436B-B466-6AD430F6A633_zpsp4vcsst9.png

serpent
01-20-2018, 11:17 PM
Luke, I know you just added headers but any plans to do heads/cam in the near future?

nwa_viper
01-20-2018, 11:18 PM
Arrow PCM on today’s run also? Good info! Any videos? I’d love to hear it.

lmcgrew79
01-20-2018, 11:21 PM
Luke, I know you just added headers but any plans to do heads/cam in the near future? As of right now no. Will enjoy this for awhile.

Arrow PCM on today’s run also? Good info! Any videos? I’d love to hear it. Yes Arrow PCM on todays run. I have some videos will post them tomorrow.

Steve M
01-20-2018, 11:27 PM
What were the conditions when you did the stock pulls vs. when you installed the high flows and Arrow PCM?

Vette2Viper
01-21-2018, 06:34 AM
Was the k&n a drop in, or was it their CAI?

lmcgrew79
01-21-2018, 09:03 AM
What were the conditions when you did the stock pulls vs. when you installed the high flows and Arrow PCM?

Was around 60 in the dyno room even though cold out for the best 2 runs correction factor was .99 , the stock run and worst runs was either .99 or 1 correction factor as it was done in spring of 2017. We tryed to get the iat temps to around 80 before each run some was 82 some was 78 but they would drop as the pull was going. Even with the correction factor these cars pull timing with heat, actually have never dynoed it when its hot outside.

Was the k&n a drop in, or was it their CAI?
Just a regular drop in.

Roncfp
02-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Nice write-up Luke. I did the ARH full system with no cats along with Arrow PCM, made a noticeable improvement at the track. Throttle response was greatly improved and better power coming out of turns. You should be very pleased. Hope to catch you at Road Atlanta sometime this year.

The Frenchy
02-01-2018, 04:12 PM
Nice ! ;)
but my question is
You talking about Engine Power hp or Wheels Power whp ?

SilveRT8
02-01-2018, 04:21 PM
Nice ! ;)
but my question is
You talking about Engine Power hp or Wheels Power whp ?

Chassis Dyno is always about WHP

The Frenchy
02-01-2018, 04:25 PM
Chassis Dyno is always about WHP

Ok Thanks ! ;)

BrianACR
02-01-2018, 05:38 PM
Wow that is some serious gain in the lower RPM regions!!