PDA

View Full Version : RB1 Help Needed > Not Reading Satellites > But I found cool set up to change colors

Vipermann
01-15-2018, 07:07 PM
I just installed a used RB1 in my '09. Everything works great. Found cool diagnostic screen, and erased SRAM (with prior addresses). Also changed colors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyVpAbjRlAU

>> But cannot read location and shows no satellites (but does tell me "no satellite connection if I disconnect GPS antenna plug). :furious:

???

Getnlwr
01-16-2018, 12:24 AM
Ok, that's pretty cool Will have to go play with that.

labtec
01-16-2018, 06:57 AM
Few notes on GPS. You probably know this already but just in case, the car must be outside with an "open sky" view to receive GPS satellites. This is due to the frequency of GPS and also because the actual satellite signals are very weak.

One thing that is often misunderstood is the GPS will not necessarily show satellites right away. Depending on the GPS unit it may take many minutes to receive signals, particularly if the antenna is blocked by tall buildings or other obstructions. For example 4 generations back our GPS units ( and also other manufacturers) would take maybe 3-6 minutes before acquiring and locking satellites. Our current generation GPS/GNSS units will find and get full satellite lock in 32 seconds.

Vipermann
01-16-2018, 07:37 AM
Few notes on GPS. You probably know this already but just in case, the car must be outside with an "open sky" view to receive GPS satellites.

Hitting forehead now... :t0135: