PDA

View Full Version : NY CT Lime Rock Viper NASA Big Track day July 13 14

ACR Steve
01-11-2018, 01:54 PM
Save the date
July 13/14 we are again with NASA running our NY/CT Track day . Everyone is welcome its a great fun safe event .
You can sign up on the NASA site and they are running a big discount for event sign ups until 1/22 then it will be listed at regular price.

We will have the same Paddock set up for all of us to be together and help each other at the event. This is an amazing date to get a Un-Muffled event at Lime rock (no noise restriction. There will also be races and time trials for everyone to watch when they are not on track. Instructors will be available to anyone .

Any car is allowed and its open to any region and any of your friends

My favorite event of the year. I think everyone that participated last year can attest that its an amazing event . (chime in everyone that was there last year )

I hope to see everyone there :)

38D
01-11-2018, 06:36 PM
Nice! I’ll definitely try to be there again!

thetalonguy
01-12-2018, 09:08 AM
Hell yeah, last year was awesome! Lots of Viper representation and great having input from Steve while in the paddocks.

Steve, were you doing both days? I think the bulk of us just did Friday last year. Wondering if we should solidify a date for those just doing one day? Could just as easily be Saturday this time around.

cubeman
01-12-2018, 04:28 PM
Can we confirm what date most members are going, or if both? Assuming HPDE as well.

ViperTony
01-12-2018, 07:35 PM
I'm doing both days, again. Absolutely worth it.

mcmasad
01-13-2018, 06:53 PM
I’m probably going to do both days

SlateEd
01-13-2018, 07:42 PM
I did only one day last year but would have loved a second day. This year I will aim for 2 if NASA will have us for both.

Thanks for hooking this up so early ACRSteve.
You guys have no idea how lucky we are to have Steve's guidance in the area of track days and performance driving. A lifetime of experience kicking people's ass on track, but humble, level headed, and always safety-first. Steve, thank you for what you add for everyone in our region!

If you haven't been out to a track day before, plan ahead for this one and book it!

ACR Steve
01-14-2018, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the kind words Ed and everyone else :)

Doing both days and bringing the race car to race as well :)

We will have everything you need at the track. Jacks, stands , tools etc. Just bring your track gear and come on up.

ViperTony
01-15-2018, 10:43 AM
My favorite event of the year. I think everyone that participated last year can attest that its an amazing event . (chime in everyone that was there last year )

I hope to see everyone there :)

Absolutely. We had a great turnout and NASA complimented the Vipers for being class acts and for also raising the average speed around the track. All of the run groups were ran well, lots of coaching and overall no Ricky-Bobby's in the bunch. Whether you're a novice or advanced it has something for everyone. Any seat time you can get with ACR Steve is worth it.

Warning: Book a hotel/inn room in advance. The area around Limerock sells out quick.

ek1
01-15-2018, 11:08 PM
I'll see you there, Steve!

00VPRGTS
01-19-2018, 07:53 PM
Grrrrrr... that is the same weekend of my daughters national dance championship!! I can't believe I have to miss this, it was so awesome last year.

99ACR
01-21-2018, 05:40 PM
I'm in! Awesome time. Thanks for setting this up Steve.

Dennis

ViperTony
01-21-2018, 06:12 PM
I'm in! Awesome time. Thanks for setting this up Steve.

Dennis

With Mike not attending, there's no other Gen II GTS Red Viper to blame for your track 'mishaps' this year, lol. ;) Happy New Year Dennis.

99ACR
01-22-2018, 07:22 PM
This would have been a good chance to help Mike stay out of the "marbles".
Maybe next time. Could give him a ride along with some pointers!

Dennis

00VPRGTS
01-25-2018, 06:58 PM
This would have been a good chance to help Mike stay out of the "marbles".
Maybe next time. Could give him a ride along with some pointers!

Dennis

You're screwed Dennis, no one to blame your poor driving on this time!

ViperTony
01-25-2018, 10:58 PM
You're screwed Dennis, no one to blame your poor driving on this time!

Maybe he won't be passed twice on the same lap this year. :car-smiley-003::monkeyleft:

ACR Steve
01-26-2018, 11:03 AM
Everyone please sign up under HPDE 3 for now unless you consider yourself an expert/instructor. We will be there for 2 days however you can sign up for 1 day Fri or Sat

https://nasaproracing.com/events/2809

ACR Steve
05-17-2018, 04:55 PM
NASA told me they are starting to book up - Its an amazing Fri /Sat that's unmuffled . The event will sell out please sign up ASAP I don't want anyone that wants to go to miss out

ek1
05-18-2018, 10:40 AM
Just booked Saturday, 14th.

Travis Kelly
05-19-2018, 05:50 PM
New to the group. Want to go to Lime Rock and went to the NASA website to register. I want to do both days but what event do I sign-up for? The Hyperdrive, HDPE3, HPDE4???? Don’t really understand what one to register for? Just want to drive my viper around the track and get some instruction? Thanks for any help.

ek1
05-19-2018, 05:56 PM
New to the group. Want to go to Lime Rock and went to the NASA website to register. I want to do both days but what event do I sign-up for? The Hyperdrive, HDPE3, HPDE4???? Don’t really understand what one to register for? Just want to drive my viper around the track and get some instruction? Thanks for any help.

Travis Kelly
05-20-2018, 05:07 AM
My Viper is a convertible with no roll bar. Will they still let me drive around the track?

pony23
05-20-2018, 06:11 AM
They were fine last year with the top up.

ViperTony
05-20-2018, 11:43 AM
Who's going and who's doing both days? I'll see if I can hook us up with dinner Thursday night or Friday night at a place I cook at.

SlateEd
05-20-2018, 06:39 PM
I'm planning to go Friday, probably not Saturday, although I may stick around for a day on the Autocross course Saturday.

Dinner Thursday could be fun depending on my work schedule Thursday PM

mcmasad
05-24-2018, 10:54 AM
I'm signed up for both days.

thetalonguy
05-24-2018, 12:45 PM
Thanks for reminding us; just signed up for Friday.

raycash2185
06-17-2018, 07:37 PM
Hey guys i just signed up for Friday. I got an email from them because they got no record of me there, asking my experience on the track? Which is little to none....so just tell them the truth right? Or is there something else i should say lol

ACR Steve
06-18-2018, 12:39 PM
4 weeks away - please sign up the event is really filling up. It will be a lot of fun and have something for everyone. DE on the track and in-between sessions you guys can watch some great racing.

Open sound events at Lime Rock are rare and always bring out great cars

SlateEd
06-20-2018, 12:44 PM
TODAY - June 20 - Is going to be the last day for beginners to sign up

This is great news... NASA has been really flexible with us in expanding the offerings for less experienced drivers and many members have taken them up on the opportunity. If you were thinking about it and haven't signed up yet, PLEASE DO IT TODAY. They want to be sure there are enough instructors available.

And for all other 'run groups' - things are filling up fast, so sign up ASAP.

https://nasaproracing.com/events/2809

ViperTony
06-20-2018, 05:55 PM
I arranged for a special dinner Thursday night 7/12 at a restaurant/resort I work at. It's a 5 Star seed to table where the menu changes every day and almost everything is grown on their 115 acre site. Difficult to get in but I have connections. ;) We'll have a three course menu. It's about 25 minutes from Limerock, scenic back roads and a fun drive. I'm capped at about 12 people with 9 spots left. If you're interested PM me for the details.

The place is Winvian Farm. https://www.winvian.com/

raycash2185
06-21-2018, 07:14 PM
I wanted to make sure this is ok... i signed up for HPDE3 and got an email from them asking what my experience is so i said none ill need Instructors...they moved me to HPDE2 is that ok?

- - - Updated - - -

RedTanRT/10
06-21-2018, 07:35 PM
I wanted to make sure this is ok... i signed up for HPDE3 and got an email from them asking what my experience is so i said none ill need Instructors...they moved me to HPDE2 is that ok?

Ray, if you've not done this before then honesty is the best policy and going into HPDE2 will be best. I've run with NASA in AZ and in SoCal and NorCal, they're a great organization that want you to have fun and be successful. The folks in 3 do have some experience and you might be uncomfortable at the speeds when you first start out. Plus, Vipers are a "go-pro" target and all the 20 year old's want to film themselves passing a viper.

NASA has a good classroom atmosphere and great instructors, grab an instructor for every in-car session you can. They'll not only teach you car control, they'll know the track very well. If they see you're grasping the car and track they can move you up to 3 with your buddies.

You will have a blast even starting in 2. have fun and best wishes!! Mike

SlateEd
06-21-2018, 08:23 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Ray, if you've not done this before then honesty is the best policy and going into HPDE2 will be best. I've run with NASA in AZ and in SoCal and NorCal, they're a great organization that want you to have fun and be successful. The folks in 3 do have some experience and you might be uncomfortable at the speeds when you first start out. Plus, Vipers are a "go-pro" target and all the 20 year old's want to film themselves passing a viper.

NASA has a good classroom atmosphere and great instructors, grab an instructor for every in-car session you can. They'll not only teach you car control, they'll know the track very well. If they see you're grasping the car and track they can move you up to 3 with your buddies.

You will have a blast even starting in 2. have fun and best wishes!! Mike

Hi Ray - RedTanRT is absolutely right... In a perfect world, there would be an HPDE 1 for total beginners, but level 2 will be fine in this case - that's where NASA is expecting the beginners to be at this event. You definitely want to take advantage of the opportunity to have instructors ride along every session on Friday and as much as you can Saturday too (if you're doing both days).

ACR Steve will be around, and he's a wealth of knowledge about tracking safely everywhere including Lime Rock. There are several of us who have tracked there before and will either answer your questions or tell you to check with someone who knows more :-) Definitely ask a lot of questions and don't feel like you need to push over your head -- you'll have a blast!

Lime Rock is not "complicated" but the right line is really important in every corner and you need that ride-along help the first few times.

raycash2185
06-21-2018, 08:25 PM
Thank you...yea i dont care if i start with training wheels i just wanted to make sure its the right thing because everyone was saying to sign up for hpde3 i didnt understand it was a level... thank again

SlateEd
06-21-2018, 08:34 PM
Thank you...yea i dont care if i start with training wheels i just wanted to make sure its the right thing because everyone was saying to sign up for hpde3 i didnt understand it was a level... thank again

our pleasure man - excited to see a new member getting involved with the track stuff - you're going to love it!

ACR Steve
06-27-2018, 08:43 AM
Bump a little over 2 weeks away come on up to a great event . Even if you don't want to track your Viper come on up and watch your buddies. There will also be some great racing to watch.
Lunch time you can pay a nominal fee and be able to drive your car on track at highway speeds.

ek1
06-27-2018, 08:49 AM
One of the awesome things about Lime Rock is that its a very short track that is very easy to remember.

Everyone is going to have a blast!

ViperTony
07-03-2018, 04:14 PM
Thursday night, 7/12, @ 6:30pm I arranged dinner at Winvian Farm (https://www.winvian.com/). It's about 20 minutes from Limerock, nice scenic drive to/from. Winvian is a 5 diamond, seed to table restaurant, where I cut my teeth as a chef. We have a custom menu being developed for us (the menu changes every day). It's fixed price 3 course dinner. Very difficult to get in but I have up to 10 people and 4 seats are reserved so far. Please let Ed or myself know if you're interested (you'll love it) by Tuesday 7/10.

PM me for more details.

ACR Steve
07-05-2018, 07:15 PM
I am in for dinner as well cant wait.

I heard today that Race groups are sold out . That means DE groups are going to be sold out soon. Get in while you can It going to be a great event . In between DE you can watch some great race action on track :)

ek1
07-05-2018, 09:32 PM
Although I cant make it on Thursday night (driving in Friday night), I stayed at the Winvian Farm and the restaurant there is awesome. You guys are in for a treat!

BTW, Winvian is actually 40 min from LRP (doing the speed limit). If anyone wants to drive some awesome roads, take Route 4, then 128 and then 7 to LRP.

Richie7
07-10-2018, 11:25 AM
Hey Steve what’s the parking situation going to be in the paddock for us? I plan on dropping my trailer off Thursday evening. Thanks -Rich

pMak26
07-10-2018, 01:00 PM
Have fun everyone! Hopefully I'll make next year's Lime Rock event! Stupid work.

99ACR
07-10-2018, 07:09 PM
Not going to make dinner, but I'll see you guys early Friday morning. Good think Mike B is not
Running this year , he had a lot of trouble near the snake place ! He fixed after a few ride alongside.

ViperTony
07-10-2018, 07:58 PM
Not going to make dinner, but I'll see you guys early Friday morning. Good think Mike B is not
Running this year , he had a lot of trouble near the snake place ! He fixed after a few ride alongside.

I saw you're in HPDE3 so I begged them to move me into HPDE4. :t0152: Seriously though, see Friday, weather looks great!

SlateEd
07-11-2018, 08:21 AM
Have Fun and be safe everyone! I'll see you one of the two days.

And if you missed signup for this, Remember Autocross and Skid Pad is at Lime Rock August 4!
https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/21819-NY-CT-Viper-Owners-Autocross-Day-At-Lime-Rock-Park-AUGUST-4

ACR Steve
07-11-2018, 11:52 AM
Weather will be amazing even if you aren't signed up come on up you can watch some great racing during the racing sessions and watch your buddies during there HPDE sessions

To me Lime Rock is set in a spectacular part of the country . Its in its own valley with amazing hills all around it. Really pretty track and layout. If you sit up on the infield hill you can watch 2/3 of the track.

ek1
07-11-2018, 10:48 PM
Anyone knows a good place to get breakfast around LRP? I wanted to get Dunkin Donuts but there are none around.

ACR Steve
07-12-2018, 09:06 AM
If driving up in am the deli at 4 corners in Amenia next to the Pizza Place with the drive in movie

Richie7
07-12-2018, 09:06 AM
Are we all going to try and park together in the paddock like last year? Steve will you have an area sectioned off for us again?

SlateEd
07-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Are we all going to try and park together in the paddock like last year? Steve will you have an area sectioned off for us again?

Hey Everyone - Steve is there with his truck setup in A Paddock already. Viper parking is sectioned off next to his truck. When you come into A Paddock, past the food and restrooms, continue down and look for his truck on the right side. The Left-Hander should be visible from Viper Parking.

mcmasad
07-14-2018, 05:40 PM
Awesome weekend. Steve - thanks so much for setting this up and your guidance and advice. Great to see everyone.

Travis Kelly
07-15-2018, 05:01 AM
Had a great day Friday. Thanks for everyone’s help with getting my tire changed and learning some basics. Next year I won’t let any golf carts pass me!

ek1
07-15-2018, 10:28 AM
Steve, Ed, thank you for organizing this. Looks like majority of people only attended Friday, so I didn't get a chance to meet everyone, but it was great times as usual. Next time please make the weather 10 degrees cooler :)

On another note, how about we introduce fellow Viper owners to other tracks in the area next year? NASA goes to NJMP, Watkins Glen and Pocono all the time.

ViperTony
07-15-2018, 11:11 AM
Steve, Ed, thank you for organizing this. Looks like majority of people only attended Friday, so I didn't get a chance to meet everyone, but it was great times as usual. Next time please make the weather 10 degrees cooler :)

On another note, how about we introduce fellow Viper owners to other tracks in the area next year? NASA goes to NJMP, Watkins Glen and Pocono all the time.

Eugene, I only lasted two sessions on Friday, my front tires corded had to call it a day. I'm graduating to R7's on the front for track days at this point. I may be going to Watkins Glenn in Aug, if you head up there let me know.

ek1
07-16-2018, 09:36 PM
Eugene, I only lasted two sessions on Friday, my front tires corded had to call it a day. I'm graduating to R7's on the front for track days at this point. I may be going to Watkins Glenn in Aug, if you head up there let me know.

NASA's Glen event is a PITA - it's Monday/Tuesday, which means I need to leave home at noon on Friday and will get home after 11PM on Tuesday, and will have to wake up at 6.20AM for work on Wednesday morning.

pMak26
07-17-2018, 10:40 AM

I'd love to have a ton of fellow viper owners out to NJMP at the next ApexObsessed.com event (Aug 27th)! I'm working with NJVOA as well to see if we can offer something extra to members.

ACR Steve
07-17-2018, 12:36 PM
Great time everyone I think I lost 8 pounds of water weight over the 2 days. It was so humid. The best part is NO Vipers were hurt in the process :)

Great job driving to everyone

thetalonguy
07-17-2018, 08:50 PM
Thanks to Steve for helping set this up once again! It was great to see everyone on Friday. Sorry, I had to sneak out a little early, but am, as always, happy to bring it back the same way I brought it - minus some tread. Was definitely hot and humid; was only getting 15 mins before pulling off.

Travis - Nice to meet you, I'm glad you had fun. Going to the track is fun and it's even more fun going to the track with other Vipers :-). Are you signed up the for our AutoX on Aug 4th? That's epic and highly addictive along with like 30 something Vipers all by ourselves. And way more safe if a mistake is made.

Pmak - If you do anything VOA at NJMP, please let me know. I love Lightening, but somehow haven't ever lined up with a Thunderbolt schedule. I haven't been there this year.

ACR Steve
08-12-2018, 09:01 PM
8 Vipers in top 30 (top 30 invited to shoot out ) Zero Corvettes in top 30 :)

http://limerock.com/sites/default/files/www.limerock.com/2018%20Autocross%20Standings_0.pdf

pony23
08-12-2018, 09:26 PM
Damn. Look at that top5. You guys rocked it this year.