PDA

View Full Version : What s it worth 14 SRT

ATX SRT
01-09-2018, 05:35 PM
I rarely drive my car anymore, and would rather use the money to invest. What do you all think I should set my price at.

2014 base SRT
Gunmetal pearl
TA 1.0 carbon front splitter/spoiler
Upgraded stereo
Upgraded seats
6 vent Hood
8k miles
No wrecks/no damage

kriskyk
01-09-2018, 06:08 PM
If your not in a rush to sell, $80K-$85K

Expect some low ball offers in the $70K-$80K range as well..

serpent
01-09-2018, 06:35 PM
Some pics would help OP.
I have virtually the same car but a 15. Stock seats tho and venom wheels.

cubeman
01-09-2018, 06:40 PM
If your not in a rush to sell, $80K-$85K

Expect some low ball offers in the $70K-$80K range as well..

Gonna second this but put it in the 78-83k range.

SRT_BluByU
01-09-2018, 06:40 PM
90s... heck old bonderaunt cars are going up there these days! theyre nit making anymore and it sounds like ya have a nice one

Stealth78
01-09-2018, 06:46 PM
By "Upgraded" do you mean aftermarket or are you implying factory leather and 12/18 speaker?

PkB2014
01-09-2018, 07:02 PM
Is it TA group or package? Or do you have the Advanced Aero option only? TA comes with suspension and brake upgrades along with other things.

Voice of Reason
01-09-2018, 07:52 PM
Is it TA group or package? Or do you have the Advanced Aero option only? TA comes with suspension and brake upgrades along with other things.

At most it has the aero package, in 14 there were no TA group cars (unless you count how the Carbon TA cars were optioned).

Post pics! I hope you eager every bit of the 83-85 that some have quoted on here.

Stealth78
01-09-2018, 08:29 PM
Are the TA 1.0 parts from the factory or were they add on? Do you have the window sticker?

Vipes
01-09-2018, 09:28 PM
I rarely drive my car anymore, and would rather use the money to invest. What do you all think I should set my price at

That depends on how much time you have to sell? I think you could sell it for $85k if you have 6-8 months to sell. $80k 3-4 months, $75k 1-2 months, $70k 2-3 weeks, $65k 1 week, $60k 1 day, $55k 1 hour

slitherv10
01-09-2018, 11:00 PM
Why you guys don't use the leverage of your US dollar over our Canadian and buy the cars up here at 80 cents to our dollar, Ill never know. Pick one up here for 90 CDN for 72,000 US roughly give or take of course.

AZTVR
01-09-2018, 11:14 PM
Why you guys don't use the leverage of your US dollar over our Canadian and buy the cars up here at 80 cents to our dollar, Ill never know. Pick one up here for 90 CDN for 72,000 US roughly give or take of course.
Speaking for myself, a usable factory warranty is very important to me to have, so, I would not consider a Canadian car at this time.

Mark1107
01-09-2018, 11:56 PM
That depends on how much time you have to sell? I think you could sell it for $85k if you have 6-8 months to sell. $80k 3-4 months, $75k 1-2 months, $70k 2-3 weeks, $65k 1 week, $60k 1 day, $55k 1 hour

You win the internets today! Best quote on here. Bloody truth!

FrgMstr
01-10-2018, 12:54 AM
Wait for it to start warming up and it will be worth more....

DZnutz
01-10-2018, 07:22 AM

Where are you seeing $90K CAD Vipers in Ontario?

Murpowa
01-10-2018, 07:31 AM
Numbered TA's selling for 85k to a little over 90k. I third the motion you're likely looking at mid/high 70's to low 80's

Scott_in_fl
01-10-2018, 07:40 AM

You win the internets today! Best quote on here. Bloody truth!

So true. Vipes must be in sales because he is dead on.

Terminator02
01-10-2018, 08:22 AM
Numbered TA's selling for 85k to a little over 90k. I third the motion you're likely looking at mid/high 70's to low 80's

Why cite a different model to deduce a price for another? Use sales of the same model with similar color, condition, miles, etc. Even that alone is getting hard due to variance and there are many more SRT cars than numbered cars of your quoted model.

Did prices drop because everyome on the forum is saying prices are still going up? Last summer and fall I know we had Zee sell a 12k mile TA for 92kish, a super low mile went near 100k, a 14k mile not prime example at chicago motor cars which was discussed here, still sold in 14 days over 95k (wouldnt budge on price much they were in the car too much) from its 99k list. A white hc ta sold for 98k and a few members snagged qs at around 85-88k.

I just searched cargurus and autotrader. Hardly any vipers are selling. ACRE and TA cars are just not around that I can see.

OP, personally, I think you can list a strong price. Totally agree with Vipes regarding time to sell and price influence but would argue a clean car like yours would sell in a day or two at no less than 70k. A lower example than yours is on ebay at the cheapest clean title price at 74,200 and it has 68 views per hour.

Weigh YOUR circumstances and factors, price accordingly and do not budge from your lowest price you would set in your head. As investment opps need capex and it is a motivation I would weigh opp costs the most. Fast sell? 75k. It is clean, great upgrades, super desired aero, under 10k miles...someone looking would be stupid to not buy that in a matter of days imo.

V10powerr
01-10-2018, 09:06 AM
my guess would be 70-75. there are gts's one can get for 80.

Murpowa
01-10-2018, 09:51 AM
Why cite a different model to deduce a price for another? Use sales of the same model with similar color, condition, miles, etc. Even that alone is getting hard due to variance and there are many more SRT cars than numbered cars of your quoted model.

Did prices drop because everyome on the forum is saying prices are still going up? Last summer and fall I know we had Zee sell a 12k mile TA for 92kish, a super low mile went near 100k, a 14k mile not prime example at chicago motor cars which was discussed here, still sold in 14 days over 95k (wouldnt budge on price much they were in the car too much) from its 99k list. A white hc ta sold for 98k and a few members snagged qs at around 85-88k.

I just searched cargurus and autotrader. Hardly any vipers are selling. ACRE and TA cars are just not around that I can see.

OP, personally, I think you can list a strong price. Totally agree with Vipes regarding time to sell and price influence but would argue a clean car like yours would sell in a day or two at no less than 70k. A lower example than yours is on ebay at the cheapest clean title price at 74,200 and it has 68 views per hour.

Weigh YOUR circumstances and factors, price accordingly and do not budge from your lowest price you would set in your head. As investment opps need capex and it is a motivation I would weigh opp costs the most. Fast sell? 75k. It is clean, great upgrades, super desired aero, under 10k miles...someone looking would be stupid to not buy that in a matter of days imo.

A whole long winded post, yet you came to the same dollar figure conclusion...

:confused:

Why did I cite a different model? Because one would assume that the SRT TA is more desirable than the SRT so why would it fetch the equivalent or higher premium? It was a way of justifying my opinion on price to OP versus arbitrarily throwing a dart at the wall. SRT's have been selling in the 70's all day long, a few well optioned examples in the 80's.

By the way, #17 black TA just sold at VE for $89.9k

Terminator02
01-10-2018, 10:52 AM
A whole long winded post, yet you came to the same dollar figure...

:confused:

Why did I cite a different model? Because one would assume that the SRT TA is more desirable than the SRT so why would it fetch the same or higher in premium? It was a way of justifying my opinion on price versus throwing a dart at the wall. SRT's have been selling in the 70's all day long, a few well optioned examples in the 80's.

By the way, #17 black TA just sold at VE for $89.9k

Errr. Not the same conclusion. TA cars do not sit. Honestly whether at 95 or 89 for an OTA...it is gone fast. Some do sell cheap but we are talking rare maybe 1 to 2 yearly. I can show SRT cars that go qs at 60s and gts at 70s. So therefore do I say srt is 60-80ish and TA cars are 85k-a little over 90k then? Hell no. Color, options and other factors play. Pointless to be general and especially when you use another car as a barometer. Also a little over 90 you say...or close to 100? 90 is damn average rn on almost any color. I hear what you are writing but I am disagreeing and giving examples. Also cannot respond to VE black TA going for 89.9. Not the same as 14, dont know history, miles etc so cant comment and not helping prove YOUR point of a low 80 14 SRT...

What you did is answer OP question like an car insurance agent quoting a caller on price without knowing the car he has.

ACRSNK
01-10-2018, 11:00 AM
Your car, except in red is on Ebay right now with a BIN of $74,200, so that might give you some indication of where to start.

Murpowa
01-10-2018, 12:10 PM
Errr. Not the same conclusion. TA cars do not sit. Honestly whether at 95 or 89 for an OTA...it is gone fast. Some do sell cheap but we are talking rare maybe 1 to 2 yearly. I can show SRT cars that go qs at 60s and gts at 70s. So therefore do I say srt is 60-80ish and TA cars are 85k-a little over 90k then? Hell no. Color, options and other factors play. Pointless to be general and especially when you use another car as a barometer. Also a little over 90 you say...or close to 100? 90 is damn average rn on almost any color. I hear what you are writing but I am disagreeing and giving examples. Also cannot respond to VE black TA going for 89.9. Not the same as 14, dont know history, miles etc so cant comment and not helping prove YOUR point of a low 80 14 SRT...

What you did is answer OP question like an car insurance agent quoting a caller on price without knowing the car he has.

No where do I discuss the duration vipers sit for sale :confused:

The TA sold at ViperExchange within the last week WAS a 2014 :confused:

OP shared the specs of the car in post #1 :confused:

If you are looking to prove a point, it would help to be more clear...

cubeman
01-10-2018, 12:17 PM
this forum turns into cancer when valuations are brought up

texasram
01-10-2018, 01:44 PM

Actually its just terminator, if you read all his posts youll see he causes the cancer eveywhere.

ViperDC
01-10-2018, 02:32 PM
90s... heck old bonderaunt cars are going up there these days! theyre nit making anymore and it sounds like ya have a nice one

by "going" I think you mean "listed for and hoping"

ViperDC
01-10-2018, 02:39 PM
Actually its just terminator, if you read all his posts youll see he causes the cancer eveywhere.

Yup. he paid like low 70s for his car and got lucky and is now desperate to prove how much it's worth to anyone that will listen. Look at him ruining this thread about what this guy should sell his car for just to argue about TA values. Policy Limits is similar but he just likes trolling and I think he's actually pretty funny. Terminator is just annoying. I think the Viper is his first "big boy" car after Mustangs...

OP - I would price your car at like $79k and expect to get 75-76 for it. Maybe a bit more if you can wait. Just my opinion

cubeman
01-10-2018, 02:48 PM
Yup. he paid like low 70s for his car and got lucky and is now desperate to prove how much it's worth to anyone that will listen. Look at him ruining this thread about what this guy should sell his car for just to argue about TA values. Policy Limits is similar but he just likes trolling and I think he's actually pretty funny. Terminator is just annoying. I think the Viper is his first "big boy" car after Mustangs...

OP - I would price your car at like $79k and expect to get 75-76 for it. Maybe a bit more if you can wait. Just my opinion

OP listed it for 75 in the VOA FB Group, pending sale already

ViperDC
01-10-2018, 02:52 PM

well there ya go. Nice, sounds like a solid deal for buyer and seller on a good car

ViperJon
01-10-2018, 03:43 PM
Policy Limits is similar but he just likes trolling and I think he's actually pretty funny.

Oh geez.....don't encourage him....:t0135:

Terminator02
01-10-2018, 04:20 PM

Was actually my rec to OP that if he, based on his needs and opportunity costs could list and sell at 75k in days. Previous rec was 55k or something. Glad that is working out. Def a good fair deal for both.

Viper DC and texas. Love you two. I made 3 comments in a day about the whiny people. Anyone can go read my posts. I just took a look and its mostly congrats and compliments to acre story with awesome pictures, discussing hc, repping out to the zr1 because i respected the numbers and invite evolution, recommend people DONT invest in cars to wait and watch the pot, etc. However, I also call it when I see it. DC Ive had a viper since 09 and I am in my 30s. I stand for proper valuation no doubt. I also do not give a flying shit if it is an investment or not. Id have sold in the Fall when debating as I believe that or this spring may be the best short term sales times. Plus....since I am far in profit, why do I care to have people value higher than they should be? Zero logic. Sorry I called your BS posts devauling every TA post and my prediction was damn accurate. I gave solid advice to OP and it looks like my guess of qs price is spot on.

This car or my x5m or srt jeep do not define me. Nor some internet banter with keyboard tough guys. My wife, life health, family, friends and personal happiness do. This is background noise. I still love u both.

ViperDC
01-10-2018, 05:03 PM
Oh geez.....don't encourage him....:t0135:

lol

Policy Limits
01-10-2018, 05:51 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sWb8ZO-ciPk

7TH_SIGN
01-10-2018, 08:54 PM
No comment on what it's worth. However how much you will get for it, $65k-78k.

Murpowa
01-14-2018, 05:34 AM
Appears that VE bought this car and is now trying to flip it for 82k

Terminator02
01-14-2018, 01:00 PM
Appears that VE bought this car and is now trying to flip it for 82k

They are all business no doubt. They bought every gen 4 block too I believe. Id be completely down if a community of members grouped up and went in on items needed so we do not have to pay against a monopolized item. Business is business but as a community it is our fault to not invest as well so we do not have to pay a hard premium. I would not want profit if we did a huge group buy. Maybe whoever is storing or doing more shipping should get some dough but that is not profit related.

ACRSNK
01-14-2018, 02:39 PM
They are all business no doubt. They bought every gen 4 block too I believe. Id be completely down if a community of members grouped up and went in on items needed so we do not have to pay against a monopolized item. Business is business but as a community it is our fault to not invest as well so we do not have to pay a hard premium. I would not want profit if we did a huge group buy. Maybe whoever is storing or doing more shipping should get some dough but that is not profit related.

I believe Andy bought the blocks himself. The seller obviously must of been happy with the number they gave him, or else he wouldn’t have sold the car to them. They obviously have the wherewithal to help people out by buying their cars. I’m sure nobody put a gun to the seller’s head. If a buyer doesn’t like the new price at the car dealership, then they don’t have to buy it.

Terminator02
01-14-2018, 04:18 PM
I believe Andy bought the blocks himself. The seller obviously must of been happy with the number they gave him, or else he wouldn’t have sold the car to them. They obviously have the wherewithal to help people out by buying their cars. I’m sure nobody put a gun to the seller’s head. If a buyer doesn’t like the new price at the car dealership, then they don’t have to buy it.

Wtf. Where did I mention car prices dude. I said business is business. So andy bought them? Good for him. Its business or he wouldnt spend all of it to buy them all. It is still a monopoly. I did not say it is bad as I am all business too. I said a group buy would be smart to help mitigate other prices that would be high on other parts. You read the post wrong I think?

cubeman
01-14-2018, 10:11 PM
I guess its this one? No shame for VE in my opinion, Everyone had a chance to buy it from OP.

http://www.viperexchange.com/vehicle-details/2014-dodge-srt-viper-srt-tx-id-22206369

Terminator02
01-15-2018, 12:43 AM
I guess its this one? No shame for VE in my opinion, Everyone had a chance to buy it from OP.

http://www.viperexchange.com/vehicle-details/2014-dodge-srt-viper-srt-tx-id-22206369

Exactly. I havent browsed through inventory for vipers in ages. They have a 2002 940 mile FE ACR coming in. My favorite gen 2 I would want. Wish I didnt look at that page :(

ViperJon
01-15-2018, 04:19 AM

If VE has it listed for 83K than the OP got 70K for it at most.

ACRSNK
01-15-2018, 07:00 AM
Wtf. Where did I mention car prices dude. I said business is business. So andy bought them? Good for him. Its business or he wouldnt spend all of it to buy them all. It is still a monopoly. I did not say it is bad as I am all business too. I said a group buy would be smart to help mitigate other prices that would be high on other parts. You read the post wrong I think?

I just think it’s funny that you complain about paying “hard premiums” when it doesn’t appear that you paid a “hard premium” on your Viper. Bottom line is there will never be a group buy massive enough to fix prices on Viper related items. You yourself defend the values on these cars (especially TA’s) to the bloody end, but then you complain about paying premiums for parts. Guess what....if the cars go up in value, so will the parts. If you want to defend values on these cars, you should be happy parts prices are high. One follows the other.

- - - Updated - - -

If VE has it listed for 83K than the OP got 70K for it at most.

Or a lot less. Wouldn’t be surprised if Seller got $68K for it.

Scott_in_fl
01-15-2018, 07:04 AM

This is exactly what is needed. What did the FGT guys do for 05-06 cars?

Terminator02
01-15-2018, 09:12 AM
I just think it’s funny that you complain about paying “hard premiums” when it doesn’t appear that you paid a “hard premium” on your Viper. Bottom line is there will never be a group buy massive enough to fix prices on Viper related items. You yourself defend the values on these cars (especially TA’s) to the bloody end, but then you complain about paying premiums for parts. Guess what....if the cars go up in value, so will the parts. If you want to defend values on these cars, you should be happy parts prices are high. One follows the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Or a lot less. Wouldn’t be surprised if Seller got $68K for it.

Defending a value is not promoting paying premiums. Period. Not even related. Nor is a group buy on buying perceived hard to get parts "fixing the market." This HAS been discussed before by people.

Terminator02
01-15-2018, 09:20 AM
This is exactly what is needed. What did the FGT guys do for 05-06 cars?

Honestly I am not sure but definitely would not be surprised. Very very tight knit group of people. Great people to talk cars with too. I know it was discussed often in gen 2 forums as part availability was becoming rare and expensive. In some ways creative solutions were found for things like say front end sway bar end links. Thankfully we always have some good viper nuts that maintain a nice cache and can always point to those in the right direction for ideas too. Jon B has been great. But if some are confident that this is a long term car in their garage, I think a list of parts identified and bought in bulk for rainy days is a no brainer. It was discussed before on the forums. Unsure who if any did anything but it was a good idea.

ACRSNK
01-15-2018, 09:47 AM
Defending a value is not promoting paying premiums. Period. Not even related. Nor is a group buy on buying perceived hard to get parts "fixing the market." This HAS been discussed before by people.

I disagree with your philosophy on economics. I would argue that Value and Premiums are related. By "fixing" prices, I meant keeping prices low. If you want low prices on parts, expect to pay lower prices for the cars they belong to. The whole "let's get a group buy together and have someone store the parts for us..." is completely ridiculous. Why would anyone want to store parts for someone else while others get the lower prices for the same? Just so they can get lower prices too you say? I doubt it as the risk of obtaining, storing, insuring said parts will undoubtedly outweigh any pecuniary benefit in doing so. You keep pushing for it though. If and when it happen, I will gladly pay lower prices for Viper parts.

Terminator02
01-15-2018, 01:14 PM
I disagree with your philosophy on economics. I would argue that Value and Premiums are related. By "fixing" prices, I meant keeping prices low. If you want low prices on parts, expect to pay lower prices for the cars they belong to. The whole "let's get a group buy together and have someone store the parts for us..." is completely ridiculous. Why would anyone want to store parts for someone else while others get the lower prices for the same? Just so they can get lower prices too you say? I doubt it as the risk of obtaining, storing, insuring said parts will undoubtedly outweigh any pecuniary benefit in doing so. You keep pushing for it though. If and when it happen, I will gladly pay lower prices for Viper parts.

I hear ya. At least in Michigan it is being done. Easy to find mass stored OEM parts. Good to try and find places and get what you need because you are correct it only gets more expensive. My wife and I donate between 5-10% of income yearly to charities. Our professions are predicated on helping people. Spent 4 years just doing government specific trauma therapy called prolonged exposure therapy for combat veterans along with addiction treatment at the VAMC. So for me, I just process differently the idea of member collaborations for resource aquisition and distribution. Thankfully a crypto speculation I had just paid huge for me and a friend who is an investor. A 70,000sqft building 30 minutes from me was just aquired and I had him read this. He is a Harvard MBA/U of M JD. We havd no problem storing and shipping parts at our expense if anyone needs space to place items. Regarding value and parts..will be more significant in the coming years; especially as warranties and FCA obligation to make parts end IMO. Plus even OEM gen 2 hoods that were like 20-30k painted I am not sure positively impacted their value. And it has been 21 years. I think many more factors play. Im merely talking members helping members. Ideas always can revise.

Terminator02
01-15-2018, 03:02 PM
"We havd no problem storing and shipping parts at our expense if anyone needs space to place items". That's quite an offer you made there.

That sounds like a sound business practice model.

Well again people picking apart posts being sarcastic. Storing is no problem we just have invested in a giant facility project. I meant shipping would be worked out on our end with the buyer so the time is the expense.

I meet a lot of viper owners yearly and have made some great friends and contacts. This place outside of reading technical posts is more negative than positive. I was for real on my offer. When a prospect buyer of a TA posted for metro detroit offer to meet and check out any viper i was told a few made contact but nothing set up. I responded and met same day. Knowing him better in time, drove mine. Then drove along while I cruised in the SRT jeep as he was still waiting. People know the cut of my jib. Forums cannot do that. I will let my "cancer posts" be done as this will be my last post. Those that have pmmed and repped just inbox me and you can get my contact info fb etc. The offer again was real and People on my FB i added as friends or who know me....I never BS and never fail to be there if they reach out. My God.

AZTVR
01-16-2018, 10:10 AM
One thing to remember in this discussion is that I don't think that the officers of this club would ever get involved in a situation where the club had any involvement in the acquisition, storage, or sale of parts. This activity was a major part of the creation of distrust and downfall of the other club's previous management. It does not matter in the least whether people were doing right or wrong or were well intentioned or not. The modern American is highly disposed to believing conspiracy theories and evil doings, based on hearsay evidence. There is no way that this club should even consider doing anything similar. IMHO.

Scott_in_fl
01-16-2018, 10:48 AM
One thing to remember in this discussion is that I don't think that the officers of this club would ever get involved in a situation where the club had any involvement in the acquisition, storage, or sale of parts. This activity was a major part of the creation of distrust and downfall of the other club's previous management. It does not matter in the least whether people were doing right or wrong or were well intentioned or not. The modern American is highly disposed to believing conspiracy theories and evil doings, based on hearsay evidence. There is no way that this club should even consider doing anything similar. IMHO.

We can do it all with blockchain technology, serializing every part and tracking its existence throughout the supply chain. We'll sell a Viper Coin that you can use to purchase parts from the warehouse :)

All kidding aside, I sure as hell am not looking the gift horse in the mouth here. I think it's great that someone wants to put a foot forward here and at least provide the answer to the storage question. Obviously, shipping can be worked out.

The main point is that something really should be done on a collective level because of several reasons:

(1) If we don't do something to protect ourselves nobody else will -- the cars are already out of production and reducing in number every day, parts are sure to follow. I am certain there are entrepreneurs already beginning to gather and hoard with a profit motive (good for them);

(2) There is no efficiency if we all purchase our own stash of parts -- crank sensors, etc. (the list that Mark J. helped put together) has a lot of great items that should be stockpiled. But it makes no sense for all of us to stockpile all of those items. It makes more sense for an entity of sorts to do this.

(3) Anything can be made trustworthy -- I was a CPA in my prior life and I can assure you that there are controls that we can implement to provide the necessary "trust" that was apparently missing before; and

(4) It might actually be a nice little business -- why not become a part of something that is actually a very solid idea and could grow into something bigger than all of us? It can be a nice business without price gouging, which is the fear.

If a group of folks are serious, I'm in. I can set up the LLC, we already have the "Mark J. list", and we can go from there.

City
01-16-2018, 12:31 PM

Exactly! :t1236:

Also a devious (cheap) way for non-VOA members to post a "FS thread" without being a member and avoiding a classified ad. :p0273:

chris_lee
01-18-2018, 04:37 PM
How funny... Small world. I am in the search for a gen 5 and nearly bought this car the day before the OP got it. I showed up to the dealer at 5pm, they closed at 7pm and was told the other buyer was driving in from out of town to pick the car up. I basically had to make the decision right there on the spot. I couldn't help but feel it was some sales BS to get me to impulse buy the car. Turns out the car was actually sold that morning and I was pretty disappointed about missing out on a good deal on it. Seeing this post almost had me thinking I could get a second chance at it. 80's is too much for me on this one... I'll keep looking :-)

BlknBlu
01-18-2018, 04:50 PM
It appears that a REAL dealer knows what cars are worth. Funny how that works.

Bruce