PDA

View Full Version : Dead battery car locked

Boba Fett
01-05-2018, 07:47 AM
How do I get in now?

13COBRA
01-05-2018, 07:59 AM
Is there a key slot under the door like on the Gen IVs?

olebrum
01-05-2018, 08:12 AM
Hi
Open the hood.
There you can use a jump startcable + in fuse box, and - to the engine aluminium, to another car s battery.
I did when my car was sitting inside container over atlantic ocean, for 1 month...
then just open car with the remote.

Or use metal key inside keyfob ( smal dip to release the key from the fob) to open the trunk (Its a very tiny/ small keyhole at the right of the numberplate) , and charge battery inside trunck.... NB lift wing when turning key in trunk( if you lift on wrong place , it will not open).

mackzilla
01-05-2018, 08:21 AM
Is it in your garage? You could hook up a trickle charger to get enough juice to get inside.

Policy Limits
01-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Take your key fob apart; there's actually a real key in there. Utilize it to open the rear hatch. Pull up carpet if any off to the left and attach positive/negative points to a charger. I'd let it sit and charge for 24 hours. Once started let it run for a while. Then hook it back up when done.

SharpMan
01-05-2018, 12:16 PM
Turns out the hood not locking is actually genius! ;-)

ViperTony
01-05-2018, 12:44 PM
There's a key in your FOB for the rear hatch.

Boba Fett
01-05-2018, 02:24 PM
Thank you all kindly for responding. I should have added that one key fobwas locked in the car and the other was at my storage place so that method I would not be able to use. I am in now though. Again thank you all.

swexlin
01-05-2018, 02:29 PM
Bobb, key fob in the car may have hastened the battery drain. They always communicate. Always keep the fobs a decent distance away when parked, as in, not in your garage with the car!

Glad you got it sorted.

Lawineer
01-12-2022, 06:50 PM
Reviving an old thread but I disconnected my battery.
For whatever reason the key in the trunk won’t release the trunk!? Now what, lol

darbgnik
01-12-2022, 09:26 PM
For whatever reason the key in the trunk won’t release the trunk!? Now what, lol

Should still be able to juice up the car by connecting a booster pack or second battery to the positive post in the fuse panel under the hood and negative to the engine.

Just hope your positive and negative cables aren't touching in the hatch.

Lawineer
01-13-2022, 06:21 AM
Problem solved: girlfriend was able to crawl back there and reconnect the battery.
Thank god I had the foresight to lower my window before disconnecting it.
#nofatchicks

jpmst3
01-13-2022, 07:38 AM
Ha!
Glad you had a ready made skinny solution! :)

viperprowler1
02-19-2022, 06:27 PM
Is there a key slot under the door like on the Gen IVs?

Good point. My Gen IV had that key hole under the side door slot. However, my 2014 Viper (Gen V) does not seem to have any way to open door with a key like the Gen IV. Can this be right...you can't get in without fooling with the battery as has been suggested?

Steve-Indy
02-19-2022, 06:47 PM
viperprowler1 asked: "...you can't get in without fooling with the battery as has been suggested?"

No need to handle the battery (though one can access it)..
you just open the hood and apply the 12 volt source to the appropriate locations as noted above then use your key fob to open the doors. If one does not have the key fob (and therefore the rear hatch key), it is coat hanger time while keeping the 12 volt source connected.

Cpl
02-20-2022, 12:21 PM

I had this issue as well. I looked inside at the mechanism and although it was turning it wasn't enough to unlock. I had to Macgyver it by adding more material (zipties) to thicken the contact point so it would create more leverage.

Lawineer
02-20-2022, 07:10 PM
I had this issue as well. I looked inside at the mechanism and although it was turning it wasn't enough to unlock. I had to Macgyver it by adding more material (zipties) to thicken the contact point so it would create more leverage.

pics?