PDA

View Full Version : Emblems???

dave502
02-08-2014, 09:36 PM
I'm trying to find a set of Emblems (pictured below) in Black....Have a red Viper and having black stripes painted and black and red wheels made,trying to stay away from Chrome.All the places I've checked don't make these in black......I did find them in stainless and wondered how much of a hassle it would be to paint them myself...Does anybody know where I can get a set made or find some??

Thanks....Dave

Hiss Highness
02-08-2014, 10:26 PM
I got my black ones on ebay, I check once a week throughout the year and odd/rare stuff comes up once in a while. not sure how rare straight black is cause I just looked on there one day last fall and found a set easy without looking very hard

MI Viper
02-09-2014, 07:28 AM
I just added this little bling yesterday, Just did the Air Box, before and after....

Bugman Jeff
02-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Stock plastic emblems can be painted with standard paint products. With proper prep, and depending on your budget, even spray paint will work and can last for years. I did some(non-Viper) parts with Duplicolor rattle can over a decade ago that still look like the day they were painted, and that car sits outside year round and has been through many, many WI winters. You can paint stainless emblems too, but you'll want to use an etching primer to make sure the paint will stick. Any way you do it, the prep work will determine how well it holds up.

dave502
02-09-2014, 03:10 PM
Thanks guys for the info. I might try painting the stainless ones or the viper store sells the set of 4 in black for the gen 3 I have a gen 2. I guess a lot of people won't know the difference.

Thanks

LifeIsGood
02-09-2014, 05:11 PM
...but you'll know the difference.

99RT10
02-09-2014, 11:44 PM
I have some black RT/10 emblems. One side, one rear that have never been used. I have a second side emblem I will throw in and you can probably use most of it, but lets just say the "V" is a little off. $180 shipped for all 3. PM me.

Sainthitch
02-10-2014, 03:52 PM
I did the exact same thing and got all black for my red rt/10. I received mine from Jon B. at parts rack.

dave502
02-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Thanks everybody. Found a super deal on a set of four black ones

Dave