PDA

View Full Version : Agancy power GT wing

Wack
12-24-2017, 11:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

I recently got my dream car, 2014 base SRT viper. (red with silver stripes), loaded but no track pack.

I always loved the look of the ACR style wing and recently came across the
Agency power GT style wing which seems nice:
https://www.agency-power.com/shop/carbon-fiber-gt-wing-dodge-srt-viper/

I do not track the car, this is purely for aesthetics and perhaps a little bit of extra usable downforce during "spirited street driving"

I'm considering pulling the trigger on it but I'd love to know if anyone here has bought one before.
Fit and finish ?
Alternatives ?
Downsides ?
Resale value of the car ?

Any input you may have that may influence my decision would be appreciated, good or bad.

Thanks in advance !

Eric

Special Ed
12-25-2017, 07:20 AM
There have been many complaints on this board about the hit and miss quality of Agency Power carbon fiber products. Use the search feature and you will find what you are looking for.

AZTVR
12-25-2017, 01:04 PM
Aesthetics are a personal thing so, do what you want on that. I am also in the market for a similar car, and, no, I wouldn't consider one with an aftermarket wing bolted on, or with bolt holes still in the deck lid. But, that's me. It feels to me like trying to be something it is not. An ACR.

Wack
12-26-2017, 10:29 AM
Hi special ed, I did search but did not find anything on the wing. I will check out the threads on the other cf bits. Thanks for the tip.

Wack
12-26-2017, 10:33 AM
Aztvr, thanks for your input, it’s perfectly valid.

PS, I’m not trying to up-badge or desguise it like an acr, I just really like that one specific thing on the acr so I am considering the option of doing it aftermarket.

slitherv10
12-27-2017, 03:48 AM
Aztvr, thanks for your input, it’s perfectly valid.

PS, I’m not trying to up-badge or desguise it like an acr, I just really like that one specific thing on the acr so I am considering the option of doing it aftermarket.

There’s 3 ways of looking at it.

1. Leave the wing of of it and satisfy everyone else but yourself.

2. Put the wing on it and satisfy yourself and drive it like it’s no one else’s business.

3. It’s no one else’s business so go to answer 2.

Fatboy 18
12-27-2017, 11:54 AM
Your car, do what you want :)

drewsss
12-30-2017, 11:25 PM
Your car, do what you want :)

This ^^^

nwa_viper
03-09-2018, 01:24 PM
OP, did you ever get the wing? Here is the same wing on my friend’s ‘16 GT.

Wack
03-12-2018, 08:59 AM
Hi NWA,
I'm the OP.
No I did not pull the trigger, I'm still thinking about it.
I do REALLY appreciate the photo thankyou, it really gives me a good idea of the look.

How's the quality of the wing ? I would not even consider putting one on mine unless it was not absolutely perfect.
Were there any drawbacks to the installation ?

Thank you

Tuna No Crust
04-19-2018, 02:05 PM
OP, did you ever get the wing? Here is the same wing on my friend’s ‘16 GT.

I'm having a hard time believing that this is a pic of an Agency Power wing, at least, not with standard mounting hardware. Their website says that the wing comes with either 5" or 12" uprights. That thing looks like its almost a foot and a half off the deck lid.

parabs
04-20-2018, 12:15 AM
I’d look for and find a TA2.0 rear wing rather than the agency power wing. That wing on the red srt looks way too tall

rmbabb
06-04-2018, 08:50 AM
Hey, I'm the guy NWA posted pic from. Fit and finish of the AP wing is very good. Wanted the TA2.0 when I ordered my car, but my wife wasn't liking it. Year later, she changed her mind! Dodge wants a ton of money to order a 2.o wind (smaller than an ACR). I saw one at the viper exchange in Houston and was not impressed. Really happy with the carbon fiber AP wing. One word of caution...it does not come with mounting instructions or template. I had a high quality body shop install.