PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming Gen V interior in Gen 2

Venomess
11-30-2017, 09:14 PM
Any one else wish they could have a Gen 2 but with all Gen V interior? I love the inteior of them but looks-wise they do nothing for me. They aren't bad by any means but I just don't get excited looking at one... I dunno. Just bored dreaming of things haha

Camfab
11-30-2017, 09:36 PM
Absolutely not! The Gen V is the perfect vehicle, Gen II is a classic interior. I’ve never been a fan of modernizing older car interiors. It instantly time stamps the car, in a bad way. It’s like looking at a ‘53 Vette with a ‘94 Vette interior. Back in ‘95 it was so cool, now you look at it and think wtf was that person thinking.

Camfab
11-30-2017, 09:40 PM
I do get being bored.....

ACRucrazy
11-30-2017, 11:07 PM
I have a photoshop saved somewhere of the V interior in a black RT/10 and it looks amazing! Would LOVE it!

ViperTim
12-01-2017, 01:18 AM
I like the gen 3/4 interior.
Not a fan of the gen 5.

Coloviper
12-01-2017, 06:54 AM
I have a photoshop saved somewhere of the V interior in a black RT/10 and it looks amazing! Would LOVE it!

Can you dig up that picture? I would love to see what that would look like. Never thought of it before on the older RTs (maybe GEN 1), that might look pretty good. Not saying I would do it but would like to see it. I wonder how close the sizes are for a direct fit?

But love the feel of my old seats. Not a big fan of the Gen V seats for comfort.

Rare Snake
12-01-2017, 10:01 AM
I love the look and feel of the seats in my Gen V. I might be the only one out there who does not find them even a little bit uncomfortable. Sure, they're not the big comfy couches of the earlier Gens, but they're really not as ridiculous as people like to say.

I'd like to see pics of this interior swap too, if somebody figures it out. I enjoy seeing these, and the work it takes to pull it off sometimes blows my mind. There is a Studebaker around home I see once in awhile with a full newer Lincoln interior, it looks badass!!

Dason

AviP
12-01-2017, 10:15 AM
Any one else wish they could have a Gen 2 but with all Gen V interior? I love the inteior of them but looks-wise they do nothing for me. They aren't bad by any means but I just don't get excited looking at one... I dunno. Just bored dreaming of things haha

It would be an abomination. That said, I wish the Gen II interior was better. My door panel keeps falling off every few years with those stupid screws unwinding themselves. What an idiotic designer!

Geronimo
12-01-2017, 01:34 PM
Not to difficult to spice up a gen 2 interior. Spend the money.

Viper98912
12-01-2017, 04:49 PM
You can modernize the Gen 2, I'm sure Venzano can help

- Leather wrap everything (top of dash, door panels, center panel, etc)
- Get new seats
- Dig out the center dash radio and knobs, move the knobs somewhere else, and put a full size double din screen in
- Replace all 80's parts bin switches with newer updated switches

It'd probably come out pretty nice

GTS Dean
12-01-2017, 06:04 PM
What is wrong with the Gen 2 interior???

It was absolutely brimming with amazing features such as REAL glass side windows, with electric operators! A CD player! Nifty storage compartments throughout. A low glare, all-black interior to reduce eye strain and improve cleanup. Adjustable height pedal set. PERFORATED leather seating surfaces to reduce back and butt sweat!!! Revised seat cushions and bolsters for better support and more comfortable driver positioning. AND, on the GTS models - a rear hatch that actually raised itself when unlatched, and stayed open without the need for a prop rod!

What more could any owner possibly ask for????