PDA

View Full Version : 2000 acr questions

Beanie
11-23-2017, 05:10 AM
I posted on newbie page but figures I would post here also. I have found 2000 acr black with (3600) miles has couple mods, white strips painted on per factory specs and acr wheel chromed everything else perfect. Two owner car but previous owner has had it since 2001. Car is perfect in climate controlled garage and cranked every so often just to run fluids. Any thoughts on price and any other comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve-Indy
11-23-2017, 06:20 AM
My best advice is for you to have this car inspected by an experienced, Viper Tech familiar with the early cars. Since said techs are getting hard to find, try to go over the car with a couple of knowledgeable, long time Viper owners. I find that I typically look for mechanical issues far more intensely than I do such things such as fit and finish. So, another set of objective eyes becomes quite valuable. This will take some time and must be done on a lift. If you decide that you want this 18 year old car, budget another $6,000 to $10,000 to bring this car up to safe and reliable specs....tires, all hoses, all fluids, possible leaking shocks, maybe and links, etc., etc.

These are fun, good looking cars providing much more driving fun than many others in my opinion...especially when you get a good one versus a shiny piece of junk.

Ask lots of questions of your local owner group.

uvbnbit
11-23-2017, 06:41 AM
1 question down, 1999 to go...lol

Where you located, that may help.

Beanie
11-23-2017, 06:57 AM
I am in S.Georgia car is in central Florida.

Camfab
11-23-2017, 09:14 AM
Sounds like it could be a nice car for sure. I’d say somewhere in the fifties depending on what your description of perfect is. I’ve seen some perfect cars that were not perfect. In my mind if it really is a perfect car, the biggest price knock off comes from those white stripes. Good luck!

Viperenvy
11-23-2017, 09:32 AM
First, Listen to Indy-Steve. He provides GREAT council. He saved me more money and headache than I could ever repay.

Second, don't be in a hurry. Have you seen the vehicle or can you? Take a ton of pics - especially underneath. Outside of what the owner says - figure out the cars story. Track down the first owner, if possible.

Third, here's a chart to start the price conversation.

PM me if you want

99RT10
11-23-2017, 09:50 AM
Lot of knowledgeable owners in the central FL area. Reach out to them

Beanie
11-23-2017, 10:44 AM
Thanks guys I have seen the car sat in it fired it up let it run looked all over. The car is in excellent shape no dints dings or scratches bolsters show no wear on them. It’s not a done deal yet still talking to owner. The first owner was Tampa dealership owner I have seen title. Will keep up to date.

Thanks

BrianACR
11-23-2017, 01:04 PM
Good luck! Hope it all works out for you!

GTS Dean
11-23-2017, 06:39 PM
Two Viper Chuck (Chuck 98 RT10) is in Tampa. He can tell you everything you nee to know about the car from a personal inspection. Don't know if he spends much time here, but post up at the Alley and he'll get with you pretty quickly.

99RT10
11-23-2017, 10:04 PM
My buddy sold his 99 acr with 37000 miles and it had gears, headers and a little brake upgrade but it needed shocks. I would say it was a #7 car. 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest for $25,000 about eight months ago.

If that helps, he needed a fast sale so take for what it's worth.

He gave that car away. I wish I would have known about that car. Such a rare beast :(

Camfab
11-23-2017, 11:56 PM
I’ve said this before, it’s getting harder to find ACR’s with all their original components and unmolested. Eventually, regardless of what the naysayers report, these cars will be heavily sought after.