PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice Daytona 500 2018

Fatboy 18
11-20-2017, 01:46 PM
As the title, Looking for advice?

My son and myself are thinking of flying over to Orlando Thursday 15th Feb, and plan to watch the NASCAR Daytona 500,

We have never been before and have not booked anything yet.

Im thinking fly into Orlando, hire car then drive up to Daytona, find somewhere to stay watch the race 18th Feb, drink beer with new friends
then following day 19th Fly out of Orlando.

My budget is very tight (paying for two) so am wondering you you can advise on accommodation or ticket deals
Thanks Mark
I have also not been in the USA for some 16yrs so I may be out of touch on motel prices!

DEMO MAN
11-20-2017, 06:16 PM
You should stay in Orlando, hotels in Daytona are booked years in advance at times for these type of events. Plus Orlando has so many more rooms so prices are more competitive. Let us know details and I'm sure a group of us will be happy to entertain u for 1 night

Fatboy 18
11-21-2017, 01:32 PM
Thank you, That sounds like a great plan :)

Special Ed
11-21-2017, 01:53 PM
Don't rule out Daytona hotels, they do not sell out like they used to. That being said cities such as Deltona and Orange City will afford more reasonable rates and a shorter drive to the speedway. If you fly home on the 19th make the departure as late as possible, because every once in a while the race rains out and is run the following day. You do not want to travel across the pond and not see what you came to see. there are no deals on tickets, you can purchase at face value from daytonainternationalspeedway.com.

pm me if you need anything else.