PDA

View Full Version : Gen V and R888R

serpent
11-20-2017, 11:52 AM
Is anyone in the area sporting these tires? Would love to know your thoughts or possible ride shotgun in the car.
I'm thinking of going with these tires for my '15, that or the Cup 2's.

I'm curious to know about road noise, longevity, etc.

Cybermig
11-20-2017, 01:33 PM
I run them, albeit I'm in SoFLA. Most of my mileage the past year comes from the track and the corsas were impressive but the R888Rs you can tell deal with high temps better and don't come apart as fast. R888s are noisy in their own special way due to the unique and rather large groove patterns. I run them on the SWIIs wheels with 315 upfront and 345 in the rear. They grip better than the Corsa's and at the time I got them the Mich's weren't available but I would have strongly considered them as well. I avoid rain and wet roads like the plague (even with the Corsas) but in SoFLA you catch wet roads no matter how hard you try to avoid them. Anyhow... I'm no pro driving in the wet with the R888Rs but it's probably best to avoid road temps under 55F and moist/wet roads. And get the tires warm before any spirited lateral movements otherwise they may push until the carcass warms up.... otherwise they;re a good tire. I'm a happy customer so far.

I don't expect the same life expectancy as the corsas but something tells me they could last a good amount of time as long as you're not too harsh on them. With -2.8 camber in the front, I suspect infrequent road trips will be the doom of these tires before the track does anything to them.

serpent
11-28-2017, 04:10 PM
^thanks, PM sent!