PDA

View Full Version : Search function not working

MuRCieLaGo
11-09-2017, 10:08 PM
I'm trying to search "module" in the "Gen I/II" section and it just doesn't work. When I click on "Search Now" it says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

City
11-10-2017, 09:05 AM
I get some results if you expand the parameters. Try searching for "module" in all posts (not just titles).

MuRCieLaGo
11-10-2017, 10:52 AM
"Search Entire Posts" instead of "Search Titles Only", still no luck. Nothing!

AZTVR
11-10-2017, 12:07 PM
I get 3 results with what appears to be the same settings as shown in the original post using "Search Titles Only"

Using Google Chrome on a desktop computer.

Leslie
11-10-2017, 06:45 PM
I thought that was a member option only...?

MuRCieLaGo
11-10-2017, 08:37 PM
I get 3 results with what appears to be the same settings as shown in the original post using "Search Titles Only"

Using Google Chrome on a desktop computer.

I really don't get it. Using Chrome on a desktop computer too...

MuRCieLaGo
11-17-2017, 04:41 PM
Please, I really need help on that one. A forum without a search function is pretty sad!

Viperenvy
11-17-2017, 06:29 PM
works for me on several browsers

AZTVR
11-17-2017, 09:25 PM
Please, I really need help on that one. A forum without a search function is pretty sad!

I don't have a clue why you are having this problem. However, as a workaround, google can search the overall forum, it just can't return findings limited to one sub forum or limited to titles. I find it to be a better way to search a forum than through the forum software.

The way that you would search for module is entering the following text into the google search box:
module site:driveviper.com

MuRCieLaGo
12-06-2017, 12:55 AM
Unfortunately, it is still pretty sad not being able to limit the findings only to Gen I/Gen II...

Web Driver
12-06-2017, 05:58 PM
The built in search function in vBulletin is lacking. But, I am able to find the results you're looking for with the following steps:

1. Click Advanced Search in the top right
2. Click Search Single Content Type
3. Select "Search type:" -> Posts
4. Enter "module" in keywords, with "Search entire posts"
5. Highlight "Gen I/Gen II" in "Search in Forum(s)" under the Additional Options header
6. Click "search now" at the bottom of the page

MuRCieLaGo
10-30-2018, 10:43 PM
The built in search function in vBulletin is lacking. But, I am able to find the results you're looking for with the following steps:

1. Click Advanced Search in the top right
2. Click Search Single Content Type
3. Select "Search type:" -> Posts
4. Enter "module" in keywords, with "Search entire posts"
5. Highlight "Gen I/Gen II" in "Search in Forum(s)" under the Additional Options header
6. Click "search now" at the bottom of the page

11 months later (sorry I work on a ship and sometimes I'm gone for a long time), I'm still looking for a solution. It doesn't work. I really like forums, especially their search functions...

Can somebody please post a screenshot of their search screen...?

AZTVR
10-31-2018, 12:04 PM
11 months later (sorry I'm work on a ship and sometimes I'm gone for a long time), I'm still looking for a solution. It doesn't work. I really like forums, especially their search functions...

Can somebody please post a screenshot of their search screen...?

I just configured my search using google chrome browser as follows and got a return of 3 threads