PDA

View Full Version : Question on Hibernation Mode no countdown

Cdnmike
11-09-2017, 10:26 AM
Hi Everyone:

Quick question

Went to store car last night (2014 gts) and when entering Hibernation Mode - dash indicated it would start in 10 seconds, but no countdown began on dash, stayed at 10 seconds much longer than 10 seconds.

Assuming that it should be showing a countdown? And will the car shut down in Hibernation automatically from the ACC position or do I have to cycle it back to Off once I enter into Hibernation Mode?

Thanks!!

Voice of Reason
11-09-2017, 10:35 AM
It should count down and then shut down when it reaches 0. But it's like a fake shutdown, you still have to cycle the start button a couple times to the Off position.

Rare Snake
11-09-2017, 11:25 AM
Curious to see any responses on this.

I got the countdown the very first year, and the last couple years I didn't. I just assumed my crappy memory didn't remember how to do it properly. Not even sure if it was (is) in hibernation mode anymore, and I'm honestly not even sure if it makes any difference. I park it for 5 months of snow, throw a trickle charge on it when I'm starting to think about getting it out, so far so good...

Dason

PX8SNAKE
11-09-2017, 02:04 PM
I have used it a couple of times and repeated the same steps.

1. Cycled ignition to (ACC)
2. Selected Hibernation mode
3. Pushed the right arrow on the steering wheel
4. Watched the countdown
4. Waiting for the count down to be finished
5. Cycled the engine to off
6. Got out, shut the door, covered the car (only necessary electronics stay active, so no door locks)

To start it back up, open the doors. start it up and Hibernation mode was deactivated. Note (the manual says use your key fob to unlock...not true hibernation mode deactivates the electronic locks).

Hope that helps, that is all the steps I implemented.

A C R
11-09-2017, 02:52 PM
PX8 is rite on BUT some time I have to push the right arrow a few times

swexlin
11-10-2017, 06:54 AM
Push the arrow and release, even though says to hold. On mine, when I hold, it does nothing. If I push it then release, it counts down.

Pappy
11-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Push the arrow and release, even though says to hold. On mine, when I hold, it does nothing. If I push it then release, it counts down.

Same for me. 2016 ACR

Pappy

Topplayer
11-10-2017, 01:30 PM
I would run a trickle charger and just leave it in regular mode. Even if I used hibernation I would still use a trickle. Nothing to lose.

swexlin
11-10-2017, 02:00 PM
I would run a trickle charger and just leave it in regular mode. Even if I used hibernation I would still use a trickle. Nothing to lose.

That's correct, I do both. I used to use just hibernation until two winters ago, when it had been sitting for 6 weeks. I had to take it out on a 17 degree morning for the R28 recall. Took 4 tried but it finally started. Since then, I use a trickle as well, all the time, all year, as my car can sit for weeks at a time, even in summer.

Cdnmike
11-12-2017, 12:37 PM
Thanks everyone for the help! Press and release did the trick - looks like holding it down for the one second was causing the countdown to freeze.
Hope the countdown to spring goes just as fast!

512BB
11-12-2017, 02:36 PM
I thought I was insane when the car wouldn't lock when it goes into hibernation, but here is proof that I am not crazy and the lock feature is deactivated. To be honest, deactivating the lock function is a bit stupid. Not everyone lives in a house a with a garage! Argh.............

TexasTonka
02-16-2020, 07:37 PM
I replaced my battery and now hibernation mode does not work, Nav system is drunk showing me several miles away than where I am, SRT pages says I need to buy UConnect access, and all other sorts of good gremlins...

Whiskey
02-17-2020, 10:26 AM
I replaced my battery and now hibernation mode does not work, Nav system is drunk showing me several miles away than where I am, SRT pages says I need to buy UConnect access, and all other sorts of good gremlins...

I'd suspect that your new battery isn't good and may have a floating ground. I'd try and get it replaced under warranty.

white ACR
02-24-2020, 05:52 PM
I've gotten tired of trickle chargers and the like--now I just disconnect the battery cable--leave the wrench in the trunk--batteries last much longer--I leave the hatch lowered but not latched on my 2016 ACR Extreme, on my '05 and '10 the trunk has a key opening so I can close these up with no issues.--Dave

BSLSK
02-25-2020, 11:20 AM
I've gotten tired of trickle chargers and the like--now I just disconnect the battery cable--leave the wrench in the trunk--batteries last much longer--I leave the hatch lowered but not latched on my 2016 ACR Extreme, on my '05 and '10 the trunk has a key opening so I can close these up with no issues.--Dave

Gen V also has a key opening unless ACR-E is different?