PDA

View Full Version : Since we know the Pulley fits a gen 4... How about a Paxton?

Getnlwr
02-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Since the tuners are reportedly being on the verge (again) and we know that the pulley is interchangeable. Photo's from the Gen 5 lead me to believe we do have the same block configurations from Gen 3/4/5. Has anyone here actually checked the front end of their Gen 4 to see if a procharger/paxton or would fit? I would love to find out if they are the same. Or if the Gen 4 is the same as the Gen 5 if the Gen 3 and 4 are different. We've already proven the whole different pulleys thing was BS. How about we check the the supercharger mounting points now?

99RT10
02-06-2014, 06:33 PM
I keep wanting to push your Avatar. I'm not sure why.......................................

:D:D:D:D

FLATOUT
02-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Once it's tunable they'll make one.

Timnineside
02-06-2014, 08:04 PM
I keep wanting to push your Avatar. I'm not sure why.......................................

:D:D:D:D

Ditto. You say what now?

Getnlwr
02-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Just curious if we can get a jump on the company. Hell, for all we know, it just may need a different intake pipe, and that's it! Heck... The Roe twin screw appears to be a direct bolt on, however a large gaping hole in the hood may be needed and a throttle body adapter to get the twin TBI to fit. ... :dancingman:

Viper Girl
02-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Paxton and Magnuson are within 20 minutes drive for me...

I wanted to set up a Viper cruise thru Magnuson, they told me they have no plans for vipers. Even though they also own Arrington engines, and obviously have some codes to MOPAR products...

Paxton I plan to make it over there soon to bug them... I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I'll hit em up about it.

Will at RSI
02-06-2014, 09:41 PM
It will not fit. The front cover is different from the Gen 3 to Gen 4/5.

Getnlwr
02-06-2014, 11:18 PM
Thank you Will. How much of a difference if any is there from the 4 to the 5?

Will at RSI
02-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Thank you Will. How much of a difference if any is there from the 4 to the 5?

The front cover (timing cover) is the same, but due to differences in the chassis, it would require a different variation of the kit. Looking at the tuning issues with these cars, I think there are a few shop that are going to be really surprised once they have cars running. We never gave up on the Viper platform and have been focused on the new generation electronics since 2008. We had the first Gen 4 car running on a tuning platform with our Motec setup. Since then, we have spent countless hours and dollars trying to develop some less expensive options.

The other issues with the newer generations is in the actual engine platform. There are differences from the earlier generations that we have found to be major problems. Once you hit 1000 RWHP in a Gen 4 / 5, you are talking about a completely different platform. If you are inquiring about a possible build with a Gen 4 or 5, you need to make sure that the vendor has actual experience at the build level your are wanting. Before our 2008 car hit 1750HP the engine was torn down and modified 7 times. Since then we have developed 4 major Gen 4 / 5 engine parts that correct issues with the platform.

We haven't moved forward to develop a supercharger since most clients would rather spend a few thousand more and have the ability to grow their systems to over 1200HP.