PDA

View Full Version : ACR: How to access rebound adjustment on rear shocks

Smoky
02-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Ok stupid question but I've surfed on this and can't find anything. In the ACR manual it shows that front and rear shocks are adjustable for rebound and compression. I can access the rebound adjuster on the front shocks even though it is very challenging to turn the knob. However on the rear shocks I cannot even get to the rebound adjuster. My hands can't reach into that area, much less turn that little adjuster. I was able to soften the front rebound and compression and the rear compression. Any tips on how to access the rebound adjuster on the rear shocks? Does the rear wheel need to come off? I have a lift at home and even with the car raised up I still can't get my hands in that little space! Thx

JonB ~ PartsRack
02-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Easiest if you remove the wheels of course. While at it, check the INNER E-BRAKE pads for thickness.

They can 'disappear' and ruin your rotors. You can flip em. inside-to-out to save $$. Same goes for Any GEN 3-4, WORSE IF YOU HABITUALLY USE E-BRAKE

Smoky
02-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Thx Jon. Was hoping there was a way up there without removing the rear wheel but ya the more I look at it there doesn't seem to be any other way. Will take your advice and check the ebrakes while I'm in there. Thx!

blk_fxstc
02-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Just jack it up with a floor jack, you can reach it without taking the wheel off. Use the factory jack point in front of the rear tire.

Smoky
02-07-2014, 08:29 AM
I tried to get to it when it was up on my wheel lift but just couldn't squeeze my hands up to the adjuster. I'm at a buddy's now who has a frame lift and I'm gonna install the toe link reinforcements today so while the wheels are off I'm gonna see about getting up there.