PDA

View Full Version : Gen 3 Downstream O2 Sensor Simulators

AZSRT10
11-02-2017, 10:02 AM
Hi. I just purchased a Mopar competition header-back exhaust and I am having trouble finding an o2 sensor simulator for it to ensure the CEL doesn't come on. With previous cars, I have bought adaptors that would plug in before the sensor and send a fake signal to the ECU to mimic the cats being in place. Does anyone here have any suggestions? I see an item by a company called Magnum online, but it seems to be a universal. Anyone use this? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Rocket
11-05-2017, 07:35 PM
One other option I've seen discussed is welding a bung far downstream, extending the wiring for the O2 sensors, and utilizing the non-fouler extension on the O2 sensors. Don't have direct experience - so hopefully others will chime in. Passing emissions here is a royal PIA!

Garron
11-06-2017, 03:24 AM
One other option I've seen discussed is welding a bung far downstream, extending the wiring for the O2 sensors, and utilizing the non-fouler extension on the O2 sensors. Don't have direct experience - so hopefully others will chime in. Passing emissions here is a royal PIA!

This works well, Lou Belanger sells an oxygen sensor relocation kit. It will work for any system.

nrs1
11-08-2017, 12:17 AM
For AZ, Have your tuner turn off the rear O2 sensors, so they are not checked. All you need in AZ to pass emissions is for all checked systems to be ready. e.g. no CEL.

Rocket
11-08-2017, 02:25 PM
Not so sure about this? The Mopar PCM turns those off and when they run the test - it shows "Not Ready" and you will not pass emissions.

For AZ, Have your tuner turn off the rear O2 sensors, so they are not checked. All you need in AZ to pass emissions is for all checked systems to be ready. e.g. no CEL.

Vprbite
12-13-2017, 01:48 AM
Yeah, the mopar PCM basically says "I don't even know how to read a rear O2 sensor." It's like asking blind person what color they see. They don't have an input for it.

Lou Belanger should have O2 sims (Eddie Martin can get them for you) that just send the correct voltage to the computer and trick it into thinking it's getting a happy reading off the rear O2 sensors