PDA

View Full Version : Back up camera works intermittently

1evilviper
10-29-2017, 02:19 PM
Like the title says....has anyone had this happen to them? My rear camera just quit working a couple weeks ago, then a day or so later started working again, then wouldn't etc...I changed the rear camera and it worked for the last few days, and now all the sudden it doesn't work again...every time the "check surrounding area" comes up, but the actual screen stays black. Any help would be appreciated!

Dfunk
10-29-2017, 09:20 PM
Mine started doing the same today right after my first track session. I just assumed the camera harness worked loose. I’ll check it tomorrow.

1evilviper
10-30-2017, 07:06 AM
I just talked to the local viper/ hellcat tech, he said that he just experienced the same thing on a jeep, and it needed the entire radio replaced.

cubeman
10-30-2017, 09:03 AM
I just talked to the local viper/ hellcat tech, he said that he just experienced the same thing on a jeep, and it needed the entire radio replaced.

Devil's advocate but I watched a dealer replace the radio 3 times because the SD Card slot on a Jeep Cherokee didn't work. They made it qualify to be a lemon from their ignorance of not listening to the customer saying the SD Card slot in the middle console doesn't work.

SharpMan
10-30-2017, 12:11 PM
Mine only works in reverse ;-)