PDA

View Full Version : Recent Connect update removes themes

speedtactics
10-22-2017, 08:29 PM
Did anyone notice with the last Uconnect update 17.11.7 that the Viper based theme is gone? The background image on my Viper used to be the Stryker logo now all I have is a large "U" (the letter U for uconect) When I go to the themes in the display preferences there is only one theme there now? There used to be a bunch of themes, anyone know what happened to them or is there a way to get the Viper logo back in the background? I spent 30 minutes going through the settings on the system and could not find any solutions.

speedtactics
10-23-2017, 12:17 PM
Anyone?

cplabaunza
10-23-2017, 04:17 PM
I would probably try calling the UConnect team and get an answer.

Space Truckin
10-23-2017, 04:23 PM
Can you get a screen shot of what you are now seeing on display?

outnumbered
10-23-2017, 04:30 PM
I still have the themes, but it will not accept changing the color of the car. It is stuck on red. What bothered me the most was that all of my favorite songs were deleted.

speedtactics
10-23-2017, 04:54 PM
Uconnect team would mostlikley not even know what to do.
I would probably try calling the UConnect team and get an answer.

speedtactics
10-23-2017, 05:35 PM

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see the background imaged changed to a large U and I only have one theme now?
Can you get a screen shot of what you are now seeing on display?

IHOP
10-23-2017, 08:10 PM
I don't have that background, but I have issues with my iTunes playing correctly or like it did before the update. Before when I would connect my iPhone it would automatically start playing and I could control it by the media screen. Now I have to go into the iTunes on the phone to play music and the controls on the screen are hit or miss.

Bleed viper
10-24-2017, 12:33 PM
I had the same thing on mine, It had the stock carbon fiber looking background before the update and then after the update I thought "oh boy I wonder if I got all the new updates with the Viper logo" went a checked, stupidly click on the one and only option with the big freakin U on it and lost my carbon fiber and can't uncheck the default theme to get it back. Awesome.

Vibert
10-24-2017, 01:04 PM
Same thing here.

Space Truckin
10-24-2017, 05:42 PM
I had the same thing on mine, It had the stock carbon fiber looking background before the update and then after the update I thought "oh boy I wonder if I got all the new updates with the Viper logo" went a checked, stupidly click on the one and only option with the big freakin U on it and lost my carbon fiber and can't uncheck the default theme to get it back. Awesome.

I wont be doing that update...not gonna happen. :hog:

AKTOFL
10-24-2017, 06:19 PM

I had the same issue, I reset setting and got the “carbon” background again. Better than the “U”, but still don’t have the viper logo, and my SRT performance page icon doesn’t appear and just says <no name>

cashcorn
10-24-2017, 06:47 PM
Is this an auto update on start up, or from a download? thanks!

SmoknTires
10-24-2017, 06:59 PM
These updates are a bit frustrating. I have a few on the Jeep and the Viper, pretty much the same system. On the Jeep, it wiped out everything (even paired phones). But I do have background on the Jeep. No additional backgrounds on the Viper.

ViperTony
10-24-2017, 07:35 PM
This is very concerning.

cubeman
10-24-2017, 08:30 PM
Is this a recent update pushed out within the last few days? The old 730/430N radios were programmed by VIN to show the Dodge,ram,chrysler,jeep,etc logos. It looks like this update is making them unaffiliated at all with any brand. Any chance multiple people just had a bad update or maybe they pushed one?

No way they are going to let this just slide.

wrh3
10-24-2017, 09:27 PM
I don't have the background issue but do have the car color issue......I don't think the QA on this update was all that great.

Voice of Reason
10-24-2017, 09:43 PM
That “u” as a background is comical, sorry speedtactics! Like every company I’m sure FCA has a skeleton crew in charge or the releases and testing that goes into each change. I bet they spend 15 minutes at most testing Viper specific logic, the one overworked and underpaid tester has 2 dozen variants to make sure works and he prioritizes on where he’s going to feel the most pain if it’s wrong (IE high volume cars). This is only going to get worse for us.

But really, that “u” is crazy!

supersnake
10-24-2017, 11:29 PM
So, What is the reason for doing this Update???? Is there a problem with the radio or is it its new I have to have it. I haven't done any updates and I don't think I will after hearing these issues. Can someone let me know why this update come out?

steve911
10-25-2017, 12:28 PM
The update on my '16 Challenger was automatic WHILE I WAS DRIVING!

It wasn't like I could stop and turn off the ignition to prevent it. I had heard through the Challenger forums that there were problems with the update several months ago.

swexlin
10-25-2017, 12:33 PM
When I did it in my Ram, it kept everything the same, including my paired phone.

When I updated the Viper, it essentially reset everything to default setting (Sirius presets were gone, for example).

speedtactics
10-25-2017, 04:24 PM
The update does change a few minor things, besides the Viper based themes that are gone. It allows you to move Icons to the bottom menu bar instead of the default option there, So for example if you want pandora down the bottom so you don't need to search for it in the "All apps" page. It allows a bit more customization but apparently you can't customize the background screen! :stickmen_burningsti:stickmen_burningsti:stickmen_ burningsti

speedtactics
10-25-2017, 05:15 PM
So just FYI. I should have listened to my instinct but I decided to call Uconnect. As I assumed they did not even know about this issue! The tech did not know how to get it back and noted that for future software patches that the Viper based themes are gone. So as of right now they are as they say hissstory..... unless they fix in future patch which is doubtful.

cashcorn
10-25-2017, 06:02 PM
is the update automatic when you start your viper?

speedtactics
10-25-2017, 06:05 PM
There may be an option to cancel it when it prompts you to agree to the download. Some people have said it just came down while driving.

speedtactics
10-25-2017, 06:06 PM
Call uconnect and complain maybe enough people will make them release a fix.

silver7iron
10-25-2017, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Not updating soon. :)

ssgsnake
10-25-2017, 07:35 PM
When I did it on my ram , Took XM out would just search and never connect again, And also some of the other pages, The radio had to be replaced to get back to normal before the update.

Do not do the update, You can chose later

speedtactics
04-30-2018, 05:39 PM
Did anyone ever figure out a fix or work around for this?

Treklife
04-30-2018, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=speedtactics;346658]Did anyone ever figure out a fix or work around for this?[/QUOTE

I just discovered this issue, someone thought they were doing me a favor by letting the unit update.... lost everything and the map shows a truck on the nav screen...... very disappointing. I wonder if there is a restore function to go back one update?

Treklife
04-30-2018, 08:48 PM
Speedtactics..... while i’m Still figuring this out myself, I did call and talked to an excellent Tech named Ted. I explained the issue with the big “U” on the screen, how I lost my carbon fiber look etc. He walked me through doing a reboot and bam, the carbon fiber look is back. He said he’s never seen any options on screen appearance but advised me not to select the default anymore. Other than losing all of my contacts, phones, radio stations and the way finding changes that I once enjoyed i’m Back.

speedtactics
04-30-2018, 09:56 PM
Do you have the Viper based display themes?

Speedtactics..... while i’m Still figuring this out myself, I did call and talked to an excellent Tech named Ted. I explained the issue with the big “U” on the screen, how I lost my carbon fiber look etc. He walked me through doing a reboot and bam, the carbon fiber look is back. He said he’s never seen any options on screen appearance but advised me not to select the default anymore. Other than losing all of my contacts, phones, radio stations and the way finding changes that I once enjoyed i’m Back.

Treklife
04-30-2018, 10:08 PM
No sir..... only that now my color matching carbon fiber background is back. I don’t have any other themes which is still disappointing. I would be torqued if i had to drive around with the big U on the screen..... I still have to reset everything else as well. I’ll play around some more tomorrow night and see what else I can figure out.

speedtactics
05-30-2018, 09:02 PM
So here is the final update on this from DODGE:
It was determined that your Uconnect system is operating as designed as these customizable themes were burning images into the screen. The software update addressed this concern and removed the themes. I apologize for the inconvenience. It is not possible to install the previous software update to bypass this change. I apologize for the delay and frustration regarding this concern. Please let me know if you have any other questions. We are in service of the people who drive us. Sincerely, Ashlea

pony23
05-30-2018, 09:40 PM

I had to also do the reboot to get the carbon look back. It worked for me too.

So instead of burning the screen with a carbon look, they get to burn in a giant “U” on the screen. Ugh.

speedtactics
05-30-2018, 09:54 PM
Yes makes no sense at all but what can I do? I can roll software back!