PDA

View Full Version : ACR splitter vs TA splitter which one is lower

serpent
10-21-2017, 06:28 PM
I have the TA splitter and cannot go too low because of how low the TA splitter is + rub strips which protects the TA splitter itself. LOL

I know there are two levels to the ACR splitter, the main splitter itself and a tongue that's added which makes the clearance even lower and I believe is only on the ACR extremes:
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/IMG_0288.jpg

Anyways, does anyone know if the regular acr splitter hangs lower than the TA 1.0 splitter?

SRT_BluByU
10-21-2017, 07:07 PM
depends on the shock ride height setting of the acr-e.. but in general, yes ACR is lower

Voice of Reason
10-21-2017, 09:34 PM
Good question! Based on that pic, and having just washed my TA with the 2.0 splitter rub strips, without the extension they look the same. The question though really isn’t which is lower, it’s which has a worse approach angle. The ACR extension definitely has worse approach angle because it extends so much further forward, but I’m willing to bet if you measure its height it matches the TA splitters.

* I’m measuring from the bottom of the bumper we all share to the bottom of the splitters. Since the ACR can adjust ride height via the shocks you can’t measure this from the ground.

serpent
10-21-2017, 09:42 PM
I can adjust my suspension because of mcs, but my main problem is wheel gap. I really need to get 19s in the front!