PDA

View Full Version : Two ACR s for 110K on Auto trader

Arizona Vipers
10-21-2017, 11:20 AM
Apologies if somebody already posted.

2016 White Extreme with ACR stripes, 10K miles-
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=465648350

2016 GTC Blue with black GTS stripes, 11K miles-
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=469346778
Dunno if this one is an Extreme or not.

Does anyone have any info on these cars? Lemon buy backs etc?

catwood
10-21-2017, 11:25 AM
The white one is a lemon law one they bought at Auction for $97K (only bid).

I don't know on the other.

Mnsrt
10-21-2017, 11:31 AM
Looks like the white ACR had several rear diffs put in it which resulted in the buyback and then had a transmission put in it which was likely the real issue and not the rear diff.

ViperTony
10-21-2017, 11:36 AM
There's a 2016 ACR-E Red/Black center band for sale at my local dealer, about $124K. I'd post the details but don't want anyone getting puckered up over a non-sponsor dealer. If interested PM me, I can check it out for you, I use this dealer and their service so I know its a solid ACR-E.

catwood
10-21-2017, 11:50 AM
I saw the red one. Red is personally one of my lease favorite colors so I'm afraid to engage on that one. I found another one with a few more bits and waiting to hear back on some of the other details on it. I also sent a note on the blue one above to see if it's a buy back or lemon law one..

theviper
10-21-2017, 12:01 PM
Both are buy backs.

catwood
10-21-2017, 12:17 PM
Both are buy backs.

Well heck, that just dropped me to $70K

ForTehNguyen
10-21-2017, 12:27 PM
im guessing that warranty is voided on buy backs?

texasram
10-21-2017, 12:30 PM
I saw the red one. Red is personally one of my lease favorite colors so I'm afraid to engage on that one. I found another one with a few more bits and waiting to hear back on some of the other details on it. I also sent a note on the blue one above to see if it's a buy back or lemon law one..
I love how everyone on here always says "WTB please anything but red". Red is the viper, The viper is red!!!

dewilmoth
10-21-2017, 12:35 PM
I love how everyone on here always says "WTB please anything but red". Red is the viper, The viper is red!!!

+1!

elanderholm
10-21-2017, 01:00 PM
No.

catwood
10-21-2017, 03:15 PM
Both are buy backs.
Actually, at least in California, maybe nationwide they come back with a better warranty.

catwood
10-21-2017, 03:17 PM
Been there done that won't do it again probably......just not for me.

Arizona Vipers
10-21-2017, 03:41 PM
The white one is a lemon law one they bought at Auction for $97K (only bid).

I don't know on the other.

Do you know what date they bought it from the auction?

Thanks.

Arizona Vipers
10-21-2017, 03:44 PM

"Red is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love.
Red is a very emotionally intense color. It enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure. In heraldry, red is used to indicate courage. It is a color found in many national flags"

Sounds about right...

Arizona Vipers
10-21-2017, 03:50 PM
im guessing that warranty is voided on buy backs?

The salesman on the white said "1 year B2B unlimited mile warranty in addition to full factory warranty".
He also said it was a "track car", 10K is a lot of track miles lol.
Is anyone on here near that dealership? (Manitowic Wisconsin) ?

catwood
10-21-2017, 04:16 PM
I'm in negotiations on another one back east. Nice clean '16. We are close, lets see if it wraps up.

pdv25
10-21-2017, 05:59 PM
I know of a 2017 GTC ACR-X with 402 miles. Ceramic blue. MSRP was 138k, they are asking 126k. It's at a dealer. Maybe its me but i think its priced low. Just trying to help in case anyone is interested.

Vprbite
10-21-2017, 06:06 PM
I know of a 2017 GTC ACR-X with 402 miles. Ceramic blue. MSRP was 138k, they are asking 126k. It's at a dealer. Maybe its me but i think its priced low. Just trying to help in case anyone is interested.

2017 ACR-X? Like is it fully caged out and stripped for track use? Or where you abbreviating extreme? (I'm not busting chops, I am asking cause I would love to see it if it's fully kitted out for track duty.) Thanks.

pdv25
10-21-2017, 06:12 PM
2017 ACR-X? Like is it fully caged out and stripped for track use? Or where you abbreviating extreme? (I'm not busting chops, I am asking cause I would love to see it if it's fully kitted out for track duty.) Thanks.

It's all stock from what I was told.

catwood
10-21-2017, 06:20 PM
Do you know what date they bought it from the auction?

Thanks.
End of July or August I think.

dewilmoth
10-21-2017, 06:26 PM
It's all stock from what I was told.

So ACR Extreme. Options? That’s a hell of a deal, doubt it lasts long.

pdv25
10-21-2017, 06:30 PM
So ACR Extreme. Options? That’s a hell of a deal, doubt it lasts long.

Yes ACR Extreme. It has red seat belts, red stripe and brass monkey wheels. Exposed carbon wing also.

ACRSNK
10-21-2017, 07:14 PM
Yes ACR Extreme. It has red seat belts, red stripe and brass monkey wheels. Exposed carbon wing also.

Can you PM me details on this car?

pdv25
10-21-2017, 07:22 PM
Can you PM me details on this car?

PM sent. :)

speedtactics
10-22-2017, 08:30 PM
The red and black car was a Dodge/srt media car not a buy back.
Both are buy backs.

ClayR
10-23-2017, 10:13 AM
I have a 17' ACR Matte White Wrap I have toyed with selling. I want $135K and it has 2K miles on it. No buyback.

catwood
10-23-2017, 10:19 AM
I have a 17' ACR Matte White Wrap I have toyed with selling. I want $135K and it has 2K miles on it. No buyback.

I'm looking at a brand new one for less than that for what it's worth. Black center band, red driver stripe, carbon bits inside and out, carbon xbrace along with a few other options. Just saying, if you are diligent, deals are out there.

ViperJon
10-23-2017, 10:35 AM
I'm looking at a brand new one for less than that for what it's worth. Black center band, red driver stripe, carbon bits inside and out, carbon xbrace along with a few other options. Just saying, if you are diligent, deals are out there.

Brand new untitled car for less than that in a tri color with CF? No way.

dewilmoth
10-23-2017, 10:37 AM

The MSRP must be in the $155k range with those options because mine was $146 without stripes. That makes no sense, but great deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I think there’s more to that story. That car would sell within minutes if it was posted on here.

Arizona Vipers
10-23-2017, 10:39 AM

I bought mine brand new for $136K. Had carbon fiber inside and out, and carbon fiber X-brace, GTS stripes.

ViperJon
10-23-2017, 10:50 AM
I bought mine brand new for $136K. Had carbon fiber inside and out, and carbon fiber X-brace, GTS stripes.

I want to see what dealer has a brand new no stories in stock tri color ACR-E with CF options and is selling it for 10k+ UNDER MSRP.
Please show me that car and that dealer. Not two years ago. Now.

Arizona Vipers
10-23-2017, 10:57 AM
I want to see what dealer has a brand new no stories in stock tri color ACR-E with CF options and is selling it for 10k+ UNDER MSRP.

Me too!

OneofOneViper
10-23-2017, 12:07 PM

Based on how much you paid for your viper, I can guarantee it was bought in 2016 because ACRs haven't been sold that cheep in over a year now.

Arizona Vipers
10-23-2017, 12:21 PM
Based on how much you paid for your viper, I can guarantee it was bought in 2016 because ACRs haven't been sold that cheep in over a year now.

Correct, July 2016. Good to see prices holding steady on these cars. Seems like even the '13's and '14's have been going up lately. No more $65K no stories cars.

Arizona Vipers
10-23-2017, 12:22 PM
The white one had some paint work too sigh.
The buy back documents say "Color Coated semi-concealed" in addition to the tranny/differential issues.
Does anyone have any idea what that means?

RedTanRT/10
10-23-2017, 12:29 PM

Me too!

2016 Untitled dealer demo w/3700 miles MSRP $152.6 can be bought fro about $15k less than MSRP

Send me a PM and I'll give you my paypal address, send me $50.00 and then the I"ll give you location!!!!!

ViperJon
10-23-2017, 12:41 PM
2016 Untitled dealer demo w/3700 miles MSRP $152.6 can be bought fro about $15k less than MSRP

Send me a PM and I'll give you my paypal address, send me $50.00 and then the I"ll give you location!!!!!

Lmaoooo.......now find me a single person on this website who considers a dealer demo with 3700 miles on it a "new" car.
Can you imagine the hammering that car got on test drives. It's overpriced.

RedTanRT/10
10-23-2017, 12:54 PM
Lmaoooo.......now find me a single person on this website who considers a dealer demo with 3700 miles on it a "new" car.
Can you imagine the hammering that car got on test drives. It's overpriced.

Hey Jon, I'm in the "finder' business, not the "good deal" business!! I spoke to my guys in Detroit and a customer in Philly today, still in the 70's in NY?? Going to be 90's at the beach today our here. Summer isn't ending, drive your viper!!!

ClayR
10-23-2017, 01:29 PM
money talks and bullshit walks.

15K off that 152K MSRP is net to the dealer.

So it's him/her driving the car for free and not losing any money on it.

ACRSNK
10-23-2017, 02:17 PM

You keep finding all these "deals" yet you still don't have one....

Scott_in_fl
10-23-2017, 02:32 PM
^^^ Yeah, these are not deals. They are damaged cars being sold for what the market will bear. You can find damaged Ferrari's with similar discounts all day long.

catwood
10-23-2017, 03:49 PM
You keep finding all these "deals" yet you still don't have one....

I've owned 6 of them what are you talking about?

ACRSNK
10-23-2017, 05:39 PM
I've owned 6 of them what are you talking about?

You have owned 6 ACR's?

catwood
10-23-2017, 05:43 PM
You have owned 6 ACR's?

no, only one maybe two of those. but 6 total vipers.

RedTanRT/10
10-23-2017, 06:29 PM
Do you know what date they bought it from the auction? Thanks.

AZ, read the AutoCheck report (on their website), Lemon Law'd 4/7/17, sold at auction 6/13/17

The salesman on the white said "1 year B2B unlimited mile warranty in addition to full factory warranty".
He also said it was a "track car", 10K is a lot of track miles lol.
Is anyone on here near that dealership? (Manitowic Wisconsin) ?

Track car, or Tracked car?? That Viper came from LA, might want to check with Dan Cragin, he might have serviced it.

Did you also see the Stryker Orange they just took in. Bought at auction early this month. Asking $140, but he was also asking $140 for the white one a month or so ago

ACR
10-23-2017, 06:52 PM
Man and I thought getting a 16 in 16 at invoice was a good deal :/

GTSilver
10-23-2017, 08:32 PM
AZ, read the AutoCheck report (on their website), Lemon Law'd 4/7/17, sold at auction 6/13/17

Track car, or Tracked car?? That Viper came from LA, might want to check with Dan Cragin, he might have serviced it.

Did you also see the Stryker Orange they just took in. Bought at auction early this month. Asking $140, but he was also asking $140 for the white one a month or so ago

This is the White ACR in question :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5YR39k5Fas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuu_vIQyjjU

It was for a friend of mine, bought back under lemon car law replaced trans and diff more than once. He got another viper and drop it to Aaron at Nth Moto for a tt setup.

theviper
10-23-2017, 08:40 PM

That was not a Stryker Orange (if we're talking about the same car). It was a TA Orange.

Arizona Vipers
10-23-2017, 08:55 PM

It was for a friend of mine, bought back under lemon car law replaced trans and diff more than once. He got another viper and drop it to Aaron at Nth Moto for a tt setup.

LOL. Well no wonder diffs kept going bad. Full 6400RPM redline launches? I'm assuming he's on a sticky tire there too. Does this car have mods?

ACRSNK
10-24-2017, 12:43 AM
no, only one maybe two of those. but 6 total vipers.

I'm confused... you have owned one or two Gen V ACR's, but you sold them both and have been looking for another????

ViperSRT
10-24-2017, 05:40 AM
I'm confused... you have owned one or two Gen V ACR's, but you sold them both and have been looking for another????

Anyone who does not recall if they had one or two ACRs has problems. I mean how many donuts at the cider mill, ok. But Vipers???

ViperJon
10-24-2017, 05:47 AM

Can't imagine if you're seriously looking and this "deal" exists what you would be waiting for.

Lawrenzo
10-24-2017, 08:34 PM
Anyone who does not recall if they had one or two ACRs has problems. I mean how many donuts at the cider mill, ok. But Vipers???

Is the Franklin Village cider mill still in operation? Man, those were some great greasy donuts!!

theviper
10-24-2017, 08:41 PM
Is the Franklin Village cider mill still in operation? Man, those were some great greasy donuts!!

Are you from MI as well?

LABrit
10-24-2017, 10:24 PM

Sounds like he's FOS.

theviper
10-24-2017, 10:56 PM

Well, I know some people who say that they think they have had one or two kids. So I guess it's possible that he may not remember how many ACRs. I mean cars are harder to remember than kids, right?

Mark1107
10-24-2017, 11:24 PM
Sounds like he's FOS.

Amen! Cat wood is selling us a line of BS. The market has tightened up for ACRs. But un molested no stories ACRs. Not the crap out there.

serpent
10-24-2017, 11:27 PM

So he drove the piss out of it and got dodge to lemon the car giving him a refund? Holy shit

Policy Limits
10-25-2017, 06:03 AM

Lmfboooo

AZTVR
10-25-2017, 09:57 AM

I think that you guys may not be reading the exact words you wrote and what he wrote without assuming what you meant by them and what he meant by them.
But, I see the game being played. :)

Arizona Vipers
10-25-2017, 10:37 AM
So he drove the piss out of it and got dodge to lemon the car giving him a refund? Holy shit

Yeah. LOL. I was going to buy this and cage it, but who knows what kind of shape that motor is in.

BlueAdder
10-25-2017, 02:57 PM
"Red is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love.
Red is a very emotionally intense color. It enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure. In heraldry, red is used to indicate courage. It is a color found in many national flags"

Sounds about right...

It's also the color of women's periods, so...
Back to the thread, one could buy those for parts, assuming one has $100K to spare.

ClayR
10-25-2017, 03:18 PM
I've had three GenV ACR's. You CANNOT forget them. Women, I can't remember 80% of their names. But Vipers...

ViperTony
10-25-2017, 06:42 PM
This thread delivers.

Stealth78
10-25-2017, 07:01 PM
I've had three GenV ACR's. You CANNOT forget them. Women, I can't remember 80% of their names. But Vipers...

Amen Sir! Best post yet

Whitemamba
10-26-2017, 07:02 AM
Amen Sir! Best post yet

I agree! Although I have to admit there were some good ones in there too. lol

OTHER SNAKE OWNER
10-26-2017, 12:04 PM

Sounds about right...

It's also the color of women's periods, so...
Back to the thread, one could buy those for parts, assuming one has $100K to spare.

Disclaimer: not my quote. I've just heard it before

Man Law 101:
Don't trust anything that bleeds out for a few days and doesn't die

:p0273:

:D

Snorman
10-26-2017, 10:05 PM
catwood has been in the Viper community for a long time and he is, I believe, in the car business. People calling him out look pretty foolish.
S.

catwood
10-29-2017, 10:31 PM
So one of the vipers I bought was a wrecked one, i fixed it and before I could track it a buddy wanted it bad and I sold it for what I had into it. Well excuse me if I don't remember if it was an ACR or not and I'm the asshole. I owned it maybe 8 weeks. who the heck cares anymore.

$135 new, not NVDR'd viper ACR warranty starts upon purchase and I turned it down. Orig msrp 152.6k Yes the owner of the dealership who is 63 hung a dealer plate and drove it for a year.
$115 used ACR, repanted nose, pending another buyer to not to get a loan. It's been tracked....OH MY!

I don't need a loan but I'm not sure I even want one anymore.

It's an expensive toy to f*ck up at the track. I have a race car for that already that I don't need to worry as much about. It's as fast as an ACR already for my level of talent and alot cheaper and safer to run. It's one and only downfall is it cannot go on the street.

What ever you all want to believe or not, they are softening. Maybe not as much as the GTS and the SRT models but in the end, it's a car that most folks don't understand, most don't want and only a few us would enjoy. The viper is a niche car for a niche market.....WE ARE BUT A FEW! Most of us have the car we want. There are a few left to buy into the hype. I am not one of those and if you shop hard enough you can find your deal. You all do what you want as will I.

I'm out

OneofOneViper
10-29-2017, 10:48 PM
So one of the vipers I bought was a wrecked one, i fixed it and before I could track it a buddy wanted it bad and I sold it for what I had into it. Well excuse me if I don't remember if it was an ACR or not and I'm the asshole. I owned it maybe 8 weeks. who the heck cares anymore.

$135 new, not NVDR'd viper ACR warranty starts upon purchase and I turned it down. Orig msrp 152.6k Yes the owner of the dealership who is 63 hung a dealer plate and drove it for a year.
$115 used ACR, repanted nose, pending another buyer to not to get a loan. It's been tracked....OH MY!

I don't need a loan but I'm not sure I even want one anymore.

It's an expensive toy to f*ck up at the track. I have a race car for that already that I don't need to worry as much about. It's as fast as an ACR already for my level of talent and alot cheaper and safer to run. It's one and only downfall is it cannot go on the street.

What ever you all want to believe or not, they are softening. Maybe not as much as the GTS and the SRT models but in the end, it's a car that most folks don't understand, most don't want and only a few us would enjoy. The viper is a niche car for a niche market.....WE ARE BUT A FEW! Most of us have the car we want. There are a few left to buy into the hype. I am not one of those and if you shop hard enough you can find your deal. You all do what you want as will I.

I'm out

Sorry, I don't agree and I can explain why. If there was a good deal on a no stories ACRE viper for longer than a day---I would have bought it. I would love to have one to keep as art and one to do whatever I want with it. The reality is being in the business you think that painting a nose or tracking a viper doesn't mean much, but to a potential viper owner it probably means a 20-30% discount. People are willing to pay for great no story ACRE vipers and full price, but there are too many factors to explain why some don't sell and others sell instantly. The other thing to understand is that all the options on an ACR bring almost no additional value. ACRE 1 of 1's sell almost instantly under 130k because they cost 130k for the base model. Then if you add special paint, stripes, or carbon accents etc the price goes up on MSRP, but the market has shown it doesn't really give you much for those options. You won't sell a $160k viper with no stories instantly, but you'll sell a $130k viper with no stories in very fast time. You just have to know the market. And the reality is no one wants a 130k toy that someone else abused, so sell it for 110-115 and you might find someone that is willing to buy it.

catwood
10-29-2017, 10:57 PM
For the record, I'm not in the dealer business. i do injection molded plastics for a variety of industries including the automotive oem, but also phones, medical and a variety of things. And quite honestly buy one, don't buy one it's your money as it's my money and my decision on what I do.

I'm out......

ViperTony
10-30-2017, 01:18 PM
catwood has been in the Viper community for a long time and he is, I believe, in the car business. People calling him out look pretty foolish.
S.

Yep. Carl is good people.

LABrit
10-30-2017, 02:51 PM
I may put all this BS to the test soon as i'm bored and want something new. Done only 1700 miles in my $170k spec ACR-E 1 of 1 and my guess is it would bring circa $155k even with the 20k of mods i have (full ppf) being a nice bonus.

ACRSNK
10-30-2017, 06:19 PM
I may put all this BS to the test soon as i'm bored and want something new. Done only 1700 miles in my $170k spec ACR-E 1 of 1 and my guess is it would bring circa $155k even with the 20k of mods i have (full ppf) being a nice bonus.

Don't do it! You have one of the nicest ACR's out there.

dewilmoth
10-30-2017, 07:41 PM

Track time?

LABrit
10-30-2017, 10:23 PM
Track time?

Nope not had time...bought it for that intent and long story short we found out the Mrs. was pregnant a couple of months after i ordered it! Our nipper just turned 1 and the ACR sits not getting much use other than for a morning drive once a month...let alone getting to a track! Anytime not spent working (which is a lot) is better spent with the family than the cars tbh. I'll have more time for cars in the future.

dewilmoth
10-31-2017, 05:31 AM
Nope not had time...bought it for that intent and long story short we found out the Mrs. was pregnant a couple of months after i ordered it! Our nipper just turned 1 and the ACR sits not getting much use other than for a morning drive once a month...let alone getting to a track! Anytime not spent working (which is a lot) is better spent with the family than the cars tbh. I'll have more time for cars in the future.

Makes sense. My dad may be interested depending on asking price, and he lives in So Cal. We’ll keep an eye out for your listing.

LABrit
10-31-2017, 11:00 PM
Makes sense. My dad may be interested depending on asking price, and he lives in So Cal. We’ll keep an eye out for your listing.

Feel free to make an offer. I doubt i'll ever get round to listing it tbh.

Scott_in_fl
11-01-2017, 08:04 AM
^^^ He's not selling it. It's too beautiful a car to get rid of, and genuinely one of a kind.

And as I always say, what would he replace it with?

Everything coming out these days is 50% self driven already -- what fun is that?

LABrit
11-01-2017, 11:46 AM
^^^ He's not selling it. It's too beautiful a car to get rid of, and genuinely one of a kind.

And as I always say, what would he replace it with?

Everything coming out these days is 50% self driven already -- what fun is that?

If an offer comes along which i'm happy with i'll sell it. I am not actively listing it as i can't be bothered to spend the time dealing with it all. It's nicely tucked up in the garage and is neither here nor there to me if it stays or goes tbh. I would probably end up replacing it but not straight away - i don't have enough time for driving at the moment and have enough cars!