PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Spotify in their Gen V

nx91notch
10-14-2017, 02:51 PM
I have been a Groove Music subscriber up until last week Microsoft sent out emails saying they are killing the service and are merging accounts over to Spotify. I loved Groove Music but I am a go with the flow type of guy so I will give Spotify a try but there an issue that is a deal breaker for me so hopefully I am doing something wrong.

With Groove Music I connect to the car with bluetooth and start an album or playlist. Once it was started I was able to skip songs or go back. With Spotify I can't seem to figure out how to do that. It connects to the car but I need to use the phone to skip songs...kind of defeats the "hands free" of bluetooth. Am I doing something wrong?

I go into Uconnect and with the $14.99 a month subscription fee it claims "control Spotify with the radio" No way Spotify and Uconnect are hooked up with that sort of racketeering are they? At the moment I am considered a free Spotify user and I understand your only allowed a X amount of skips but I signed up for the 7 day free premium trial and I still can't skip songs using the radio.

nx91notch
10-14-2017, 03:52 PM
Well I figured it out. Had to go into my phone settings (android) and turn on all permissions for Spotify. Seems to be working now.

MinGrey02Stg2
10-14-2017, 04:09 PM
Glad you got it figured out. I was going to say I use it and just use the touchscreen or the steeling wheel control to skip through songs. It's nice using Spotify with the Waze app at the same time.

cashcorn
10-14-2017, 06:35 PM
MinGrey, How did you get the waze app on the touchscreen? I've been trying for sometime.. thanks!

One Viper Bite
10-15-2017, 12:09 AM
MinGrey, How did you get the waze app on the touchscreen? I've been trying for sometime.. thanks!

You can't use it on the touch screen of the UConnect other than using the pause, next and back buttons and the steering wheel controls. But you can use Spotify within the Waze app on your phone now. It's really nice. No need to leave the Waze and miss directions just to change playlists or song. You need to update to the latest version of Spotify and Waze, as well as iOS 11 if you're on an iPhone.

MinGrey02Stg2
10-15-2017, 12:30 PM

I don't know how to do that. I just use it through the phone and like how you hear the music but then get traffic/police alerts through the speakers as well. I wish there was a way to do it through the touchscreen. If anyone knows, please advise.