PDA

View Full Version : Gotta a leaf tattoo and need some help

SOberman001
10-11-2017, 08:06 AM
Friends
Living up in NJ it is time for all the leaves to fall. My Gev 5 was parked outside for a couple days while I was renovating the garage. On the rear hatch, a lovely leaf found a home for a couple days leaving behind a image of itself which stayed after washing. The car was recently waxed and there is no tactile feel to the tattoo and neither wax, nor cleaner wax was effective in taking it out.

What is next, polishing compound or clay?

I do find this type of thing odd since I have a 14yr old Land Cruiser that is outside a lot and no leaf mark has ever made it past a car wash.

Thanks

Junkman2008
10-14-2017, 07:08 PM
... neither wax, nor cleaner wax was effective in taking it out.

The ONLY thing you accomplished by using wax, A PROTECTANT to try and remove the leaf etching was ensured that it couldn't be easily removed. Here's your thread: https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/582-The-Mother-of-All-quot-How-to-Remove-Swirls-from-Your-Viper-s-Paint!-quot

plumcrazy
10-14-2017, 07:50 PM
as a former NJ guy, wash it, clay bar it and reapply some wax

SOberman001
10-15-2017, 06:40 AM
thanks guys. I just didn't know how aggressive to get with it.

river rat
10-15-2017, 08:42 AM
If you haven't already got some clay, Mother's has a good kit for only 18$.

Vipermann
10-16-2017, 04:39 PM
I have a similar, but maybe worse problem. Don't know what the spot is from. Have tried so far:

- alcohol
- acetone
- swirl remover
- rubbing compound

Surprisingly, I've read on other sites about bleach, CLR or rust color remover used carefully on cars - not sure. Thoughts?

Junkman2008
10-16-2017, 05:50 PM
You guys with these types of problems are going to make your problem worse before you make it better. Then you're going to really need a professional to fix the problem. I've explained how to fix these issues for years in my videos. All you have to do is watch, learn and apply.