PDA

View Full Version : Stripes Galore

NoPaddleShiftForMe
10-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Dropping off my Viper to get PPF and picking up my 911R which they had just finished.

ViperPete
10-09-2017, 04:30 PM
Nice machines!!!

512BB
10-09-2017, 04:44 PM
Wow, couldn't be more different:

One is front engine, the other rear engine
One is left hand drive, the other right hand driver
One is striped on the inside, the other on the outside
One was reasonably priced, the other over priced

Love them both.

NoPaddleShiftForMe
10-10-2017, 02:47 AM
To be fair I paid list price for my R but the Viper is still probably the better deal on a smiles per £ basis.

Scott_in_fl
10-10-2017, 12:50 PM
Both are great and beautiful cars. Personally, I think Porsche has become just too greedy with these special/exclusive/limited/signature editions every time you turn around.

I love the brand for what it was (a company of driving enthusiasts building cars for driving enthusiasts), not for what it has become (another overly opportunistic mega corporation squeezing all that it can for the bottom line).

ACR Steve
10-10-2017, 05:05 PM
paid list ? Then you own a 918 or have a veryyyy good buddy at Porsche

Policy Limits
10-10-2017, 07:42 PM
Winning!

SharpMan
10-11-2017, 07:01 AM
I'm surprised how well the ACR rides...I don't find it stiffer than my old 997.1 GT3.

What do you think of it overall relative to the R? R has a nicer sound but steering, balance, handling, ride?

Dropping off my Viper to get PPF and picking up my 911R which they had just finished.

NoPaddleShiftForMe
10-11-2017, 07:13 AM
I'm surprised how well the ACR rides...I don't find it stiffer than my old 997.1 GT3.

What do you think of it overall relative to the R? R has a nicer sound but steering, balance, handling, ride?

The R feels smaller despite actually being longer and definitely nimbler, but that is probably down to the excellent 4 wheel steer system. The in-gear acceleration in the R is mind blowing especially when you keep the revs up high. The R’s gearbox is marginally better that the Vipers but they are both excellent, very precise throws.

The R is the better B road devourer but on longer drives the lack of sound deadening gets a little much.

The Viper certainly turns more heads, I think there are only 2 Gen Vs in Scotland and most people don’t know the R from a standard 911.

The R is a “better” car but Viper is more smiles per £.

Picking a car is never an easy decision when heading out for a hoon, unless the Mrs is coming; she always chooses the Ferrari.

SharpMan
10-11-2017, 01:21 PM
LOL...indeed she would ;-)

Well if you fancy no sound insulation in a Viper...try an ACR-E...I have to yell at my passenger at 70mph and that's with the stock exhaust!

The R feels smaller despite actually being longer and definitely nimbler, but that is probably down to the excellent 4 wheel steer system. The in-gear acceleration in the R is mind blowing especially when you keep the revs up high. The R’s gearbox is marginally better that the Vipers but they are both excellent, very precise throws.

The R is the better B road devourer but on longer drives the lack of sound deadening gets a little much.

The Viper certainly turns more heads, I think there are only 2 Gen Vs in Scotland and most people don’t know the R from a standard 911.

The R is a “better” car but Viper is more smiles per £.

Picking a car is never an easy decision when heading out for a hoon, unless the Mrs is coming; she always chooses the Ferrari.