PDA

View Full Version : Cheap and easy bluetooth solution for our cars

Boosted Motorsports
10-09-2017, 11:39 AM
Hey guys!

Ended up finding this neat little gadget that is a very clean addition to the interior for our cars. Was VERY inexpensive at $15 and gives you full bluetooth function to the stock alpine stereo.

Here are the features I found:

Fast bluetooth connecting to your phone
Music playback
Handsfree calling with built in microphone
Back and next button for changing songs
Play/pause button
Aux cord connection
two usb charging ports (One standard and one 2.1A)
Micro SD card slot for mp3 playback
Volume amplification control
ON/OFF button to power down the unit since our 12v accessory is not switched off with ignition

Overall for $15 shipped im pretty happy and seems to work decent.

https://youtu.be/sYkWxUlUz8M

capevettes
10-09-2017, 04:00 PM
I like it. I will probably give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

v10CodeMonkey
10-09-2017, 11:21 PM
I have this in my Viper. Works pretty good but sometimes gets a little static-y.

Scuderia47
10-10-2017, 05:35 AM
Awesome, thanks for the post. Saw your video yesterday. I just did a 10 hour round trip drive and was trying to figure out how to get my iphone connected to the stereo...those CDs are getting really old.

Trauma75
10-10-2017, 08:05 AM
I picked one up earlier this year and for $15 it works great. It's just short enough to be out of the way of the ebrake which is nice. Great video by the way keep em coming.

capevettes
10-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Ordered mine today. $12.85 including shipping. Flea Bay.

daveg
10-10-2017, 04:49 PM
Ordered mine today. $12.85 including shipping. Flea Bay.When are we installing?? May require a few wobbly-pops! LOL...

City
10-10-2017, 04:54 PM
9/2016

https://driveviper.com/forums/threads/15662-Tired-of-burning-CDs

There are MANY of these around. Check amazon and the like for each version's features and their respective wand sizes/flexibility to suit.

capevettes
10-10-2017, 06:01 PM
When are we installing?? May require a few wobbly-pops! LOL...
Even I may be able to make this thing work. Beer helps though!

ssmith71
10-10-2017, 06:04 PM
I believe that this particular model needs a TIG welder.

Boosted Motorsports
10-11-2017, 10:05 AM
I like it. I will probably give it a try. Thanks for sharing.
Awesome let me know how yours works!

Awesome, thanks for the post. Saw your video yesterday. I just did a 10 hour round trip drive and was trying to figure out how to get my iphone connected to the stereo...those CDs are getting really old.
Thanks! I hear ya, this was the simplest solution I found to bring us up to 2017 short of replacing the head unit :)

I picked one up earlier this year and for $15 it works great. It's just short enough to be out of the way of the ebrake which is nice. Great video by the way keep em coming.
Thanks for the positive feedback! Yeah it definitely does fit pretty well in the interior. I think the charging ports might kind of suck but I'll post back on this. My iPhone 7 didn't seem to increase the charge much but I'll have to experiment a bit more with the regular or 2.1A

Ordered mine today. $12.85 including shipping. Flea Bay.
Awesome thats where I picked mine up too! I splurged on the extra few bucks for one that had more transactions but I'm sure they are all the same lol

Trick
10-11-2017, 11:17 AM
I had one of these and all i got was a ton of whistling noise at WOT through the speakers