PDA

View Full Version : Toronto International Auto Show - TV Ad

vipernut
02-05-2014, 07:53 AM
The other night I saw an ad for the upcoming Auto Show and was thrilled to see STRYKER RED up front and centre!

I'd love to know whether STRYKER GREEN will be there?

J TNT
02-05-2014, 08:03 AM
I hope so ! ;)

slitherv10
02-05-2014, 08:28 AM
That was the same car they sent out last year.
I'm surprised their even sending a car up here to us Canadians considering they flaunt the cars and then either limit the quantity available to us or don't bring them up here at all. The ones they don't bring, they leave us with no warranty if we decide to buy it new from the USA.

GuitarSteve2112
02-05-2014, 05:00 PM
As long as there is A Viper I'll be happy.

Canadian venom
02-06-2014, 05:27 AM
In Montreal a few weeks ago we had a black/silver stripped GTS and last year we had none...

vipernut
02-14-2014, 07:53 AM
Car Show officially starts today...what/which VIPER(S) did SRT bring?

J TNT
02-14-2014, 09:50 AM
If your going , post up some pics ;) PS Hibernation ends March 22/2014 Keep your dance card open :)

Car Show officially starts today...what/which VIPER(S) did SRT bring?

GuitarSteve2112
02-14-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm going next Friday...Lots of pics with my new iPhone 5S to be taken!

canadian viper
02-15-2014, 10:12 AM
cricket cricket

slitherv10
02-15-2014, 07:13 PM
Just got back from the show and I have to say.....very disappointed in SRT (personally).

Firstly they had the black car with graphite stripes sitting on a pedestal with a video from last year, running in the background. Period. That's it. Nothing more.

The Corvette was everywhere on the show grounds. In the exotic car section, in the hallways, and even being donated to the Cancer society and displayed in their booth as well.
The Chevy section had a coupe(targa top) red car, a white convertible and.......The MONSTEROUS ZO6 just blew me away with the look. Its wide, vents everywhere and sleek. It was a site to see in person. Pictures (as does the Gen 5) does not do this car justice in my opinion.

They had it front row center on a turntable and it was standing room only to take pics and see this thing. The Viper on the other hand had crickets. I know its last years news and the Corvette is the newest and baddest but, the 2014 SRT is no different and is not getting this much in your face kind of attention.

It is sad that SRT continues to promote this car with nothing but a lonely car on a platform trying to sell itself.

The Chevy guys had the Vert and the Targa car available to sit in and information to provide to anyone that would ask. NO one was around the SRT to provide nothing.

Price for the ZO6 at the show was 80K Canadian. No that is cheap people. VERY CHEAP for what your getting.

Very nice Chevy and shame on you SRT.

The GTR was also quite the car as well.

The new mustang was a huge disappointment and will be a flop in my opinion. This will hurt Ford for sure.

vipernut
02-16-2014, 08:25 AM
Thanks for that report..kinda sucks about the lack of any (real) new vipers! so many cool new colours (this year) that woulda/coulda? helped revitalize the SRT (VIPER) brand...(orange..STRYKER green...or the T/A).....
I don't think I'll bother going to the show....stay home and watch the OLYMPICS!

Go Canada GO!!!!!!!

Canadian venom
02-16-2014, 08:52 AM
One of Chrysler's problems at the car shows can resume to this : nice cars, wrong colors....

slitherv10
02-16-2014, 09:49 AM
Thanks for that report..kinda sucks about the lack of any (real) new vipers! so many cool new colours (this year) that woulda/coulda? helped revitalize the SRT (VIPER) brand...(orange..STRYKER green...or the T/A).....
I don't think I'll bother going to the show....stay home and watch the OLYMPICS!

Go Canada GO!!!!!!!

One of Chrysler's problems at the car shows can resume to this : nice cars, wrong colors....

Totally agree with both of you.

Why they don't show off the newest and baddest at the shows where they are reaching out to thousands and thousands of potential buyers under one roof, is beyond me. Why they don't offer a base SRT on the floor to have people get in and out and feel the car, along with a TA or Stryker green or whatever SE they decide on is mind boggling.

I don't pity the whole organization at all. If SRT goes down,, their transparency will be inevitable. Why they can't see the forest through the trees is unreal.

It does not take years or experience or loyalty to market and get people converted over. It takes common sense.

Something they are obviously lacking. Maybe when the chips fall and the hands are all in the open , they will realize what happened all too late.

GuitarSteve2112
02-21-2014, 05:14 PM
I was just at the show. Have close to 200 pics of the black/gunmetal striped GTS. This weekend's homework is to get rid of the bad ones, and stick to a few of the best shots. Stay tuned.

hssstoy
02-25-2014, 06:24 PM
Stay tuned.

Waiting, waiting waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiting come on Steve post the Pics.

GuitarSteve2112
03-02-2014, 06:30 PM
OOPS! Sorry about that, the pics were placed in the Gen V section of the site, but here's a link to them. My apologies to those waiting for the pictures. Here you go. http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/2289-*PICS*-Toronto-Auto-Show-2014?p=34104#post34104