PDA

View Full Version : Alarm dead battery

Tinman565
10-05-2017, 10:55 AM
So apparently I'm the victim of the famous alarm/door lock light/dead battery issue.
I was told when I got the car to make sure I set the alarm EVERY TIME I park it for more than a day or so.
Previous owner just replaced the battery, and I thought I was being meticulous about making sure everything was off and the alarm was set.
Battery has drained twice on me when left for more than a week without driving it.
Any solid conclusions to this ?
Is there a way to eliminate the alarm ?
I really don't need it.
Maybe pull a fuse until I want the alarm again ?
Gotta be a way around this.
I know about the battery tenders, but this still shouldn't be happening.
Thanks.

Steve-Indy
10-05-2017, 12:17 PM
The year matters.

Feel free to call me...I happen to be working with Tom Sessions all week. 317-402-9013

dave6666
10-05-2017, 12:46 PM
What idiot told you to set the alarm every time you park it for more than a day? If that had merit my car would have exploded over 10 years ago. I hardly ever set the alarm.

Tinman565
10-05-2017, 01:04 PM
Sorry Steve. It's a 2000 Rt10.
Dave... the previous owner took it to a reputable mechanic and he could find nothing causing a draw.
Then he took it to the dealer, and they said something about the inner door latch light not going out until the alarm was set ?
I also read in here somewhere that others have had this issue and something to do with the alarm and the inner door light.
Is there a fuse for the alarm ?

Steve-Indy
10-05-2017, 01:19 PM
Suggest you call...COULD be the EEM.

Tinman565
10-05-2017, 04:38 PM
Steve....THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP !!!!! (GOOD GUY)

Steve-Indy
10-05-2017, 06:34 PM
I enjoyed speaking with you...always much easier with someone knows cars.

Tom reminded me that your car does not include an alarm switch on the trunk.

Hopefully your current plan will lead to a straightforward fix.