PDA

View Full Version : 3 rd Annual Coastal Virginia Auto Show Virginia Beach

dodgefever
09-26-2017, 05:52 PM
You are invited to participate in a VOA Viper display at the Coastal Virginia Auto Show. The Car Club Council of Hampton Roads, along with Sinclair Communications is organizing the 3rd Annual Coastal Virginia Auto Show at the Virginia Beach Convention Center. Myself (Tom McCormick) and Rick Hart of Chesapeake, VA are assisting in the organization of this event. We have 9 Vipers registered from North Carolina and Virginia already. In the Viper category, there will be a Best in Show, 1st, and 2nd place trophies....not store bought trophies but all custom created. This is a 2 day indoor show along with a separate Saturday outdoor show. We will be in the indoor show. Between the 2 shows, we are expecting between 500 and 1000 cars and 5,000 to 10,000 spectators.

There is a $50.00 registration fee which will include the admission for 2 days to the show as well as a t-shirt and goody bag. There will be security in the convention center the whole weekend. Please register online at the link below. After you register it is VERY important that you let me know so I can continue to plan our parking format.

I need those interested to register as soon as you can, so Rick and I can make plans for placing our Vipers together. Even if we get 50 Vipers to register, all Vipers will be indoors and showed together. The event coordinator needs to know as soon as possible how many Vipers will be attending, so they can make arrangement for additional indoor space if needed. The Vipers will be displayed alongside other Mopars from the Tidewater Mopar Club. So far they have signed up a 1969 Daytona, a 1970 Challenger TA, A couple of Vintage drag racing cars, and more.

Details of show: Load in is between 9AM and 10PM Friday November 17. There will be 24 hour security provided. For safety and insurance reasons all cars must have less than 1/4 tank of gas when in the show. Battery must be disconnected in the show. Awards and trophies handed out Sunday with removal of vehicle from the event around 6PM Sunday.

If we can get enough people to come, I will reserve a section of the restaurant attached to the hotel (https://www.maxandermas.com/) for a VOA club dinner Saturday Night. Check out the menu, it looks pretty good.
The organizers have reserved a block of rooms at the Double Tree Hilton, Virginia Beach right beside the convention Center for only $89 per night. The rooms are filling up quickly so please decide soon.

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/virginia/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-virginia-beach-ORFBNDT/index.html

Event Information:

Date: 17 November 9am - 10pm for load time of your Viper
Date: 18 - 19 November 2017 for the Actual Event

Links to the Event:

www.facebook.com/cvautoshow/
www.cvautoshow.com

My Contact Information:

Dodgefever on the VOA site
Email Address: moyock4@hotmail.com

dodgefever
09-26-2017, 06:01 PM
I am setting up a 25'th Anniversary Viper display with all 5 generations together so the public can see the differences of each Generation. I still need a Gen 4 though. If you have one and are interested in the show, please let me know.

idinesen
09-27-2017, 07:24 AM
Hi - email sent - I have a Gen IV. Look forward to talking soon.

Ian