PDA

View Full Version : Sad News 2 more Vipers lost in the UK

Fatboy 18
09-25-2017, 05:04 AM
Not members cars but sadly Former President of the VOA Adrian Swift's GTS is no more :(

I learnt that it met its end wrapping itself around a lamppost, it was side impact damage at the front bulkhead area by the door hinge. Car is in the hands of the insurance company. Driver is fine but pride dented.

RIP
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/368/18613759633_6a1282c4bb_c.jpg

Also a Gen 3 which I think was painted slate grey? (Looks almost black) has been written off. In a bad smash.

No fatalities to report.

Now that the Fall is setting in (Autumn) remember to take care out there people these cars demand respect.

Purple Haze
09-25-2017, 11:01 AM
It's too bad many of these cars are getting lost...

ViperGTS
09-25-2017, 12:20 PM
Cold roads and (c)old hard tires don't mix well.
:t0152:

Fatboy 18
09-25-2017, 12:21 PM
Well I guess the only plus for us at the moment is if you are looking to buy it puts the prices up as stock goes down! That is, until exchange rates turn

Fatboy 18
09-25-2017, 12:23 PM
Cold roads and (c)old hard tires don't mix well.
:t0152:

So true, the amount of UK Vipers out there on Pilot sport 1s scares the hell out of me! They learn the hard way!

BrianACR
09-25-2017, 01:24 PM
Just had a local car here meet a sad end. Cold tires, cold pavement. Driver was fine though. It was a '06 coupe.

ViperGTS
09-25-2017, 02:23 PM
I watch it for almost 20 years now and it is the same every year....Darwin's law?

Purple Haze
09-25-2017, 03:38 PM
Sadly four people just east of me here died when their Plum Crazy Hellcat hit a tree at 120 plus car exploded. Just saw this on the news crazy...

VIPER BAZ UK
09-26-2017, 05:19 PM
Chatting to the GTS owner to see whats happening with car .. He's trying to buy it back.. Got hood and bumper sorted already

Fatboy 18
10-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Anymore news on Adrians old car?

sonicbloo
10-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Just seen this, what a sad thing to see. Not enough in the UK as it is.

I wonder if one good car can be made from the black Gen 3 and the red one on ebay recently?

On a brighter note, I'm going to a meet tomorrow and there will be 3 Vipers there (Mine, Baz's old yellow RT10, and a Gen 1 which has just been put back on the road)

VIPER BAZ UK
10-07-2017, 04:56 PM
PICS!!!!!

Had a mail from them yesterday asking if I wanted it back....

sonicbloo
10-08-2017, 02:08 PM
OK Baz, you've seen them on FB, but for all the non FB users.............

Fatboy 18
10-17-2017, 10:39 AM
Pics of Cat C Gen II GTS currently on a trade only auction website.
http://www.hbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/zyview/D=vehicles/V=bidding/R=6907414

Current bidding is £10,415.00 + 20% vat (Value Added Tax).

Category A
The most severe level of damage. Category A vehicles are crushed and not sold at auction.

Category B
Vehicle cannot be repaired and must be broken for spares. Please note, waste controls apply to Category B vehicles and HBC only sell such vehicles to buyers holding the appropriate licenses.

The ABI have reviewed their insurance industry code of practice and from 1st October 2017, there will be changes to the following vehicle categories. Categories A and B will remain unchanged. Categories C and D will no longer be allocated to salvaged vehicles and will be replaced with Category S or N. Vehicles allocated C or D category prior to 1st Oct 2017 will remain in circulation for a period of time and vehicles of both old and new categories will appear on our auctions.

Category C
Vehicle is an insurance write off due to the estimated cost of repairs being in excess of the market valuation of the vehicle. Category C vehicles are allowed to be repaired and made road-worthy.

Category D
Vehicle is an insurance write off for other reasons as the repair costs may be less than the market valuation of the vehicle. Category D vehicles are allowed to be repaired and made road-worthy.

Category S
Repairable vehicle which has sustained damage to any part of the structural frame or chassis and the insurer / self-insured owner has decided not to repair the vehicle.

Category N
Repairable vehicle which has not sustained damage to any part of the structural frame or chassis and the insurer / self-insured owner has decided not to repair the vehicle. While the damage to the vehicle has been noted as non-structural, there may still be some safety critical items that require replacement (e.g. steering and suspension parts

Ginja
10-17-2017, 01:52 PM
Not members cars but sadly Former President of the VOA Adrian Swift's GTS is no more :(

I learnt that it met its end wrapping itself around a lamppost, it was side impact damage at the front bulkhead area by the door hinge. Car is in the hands of the insurance company. Driver is fine but pride dented.

RIP
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/368/18613759633_6a1282c4bb_c.jpg

Also a Gen 3 which I think was painted slate grey? (Looks almost black) has been written off. In a bad smash.

No fatalities to report.

Now that the Fall is setting in (Autumn) remember to take care out there people these cars demand respect.

Pretty sure that grey one is the one we saw at Brands Hatch a couple of years ago Mark, where the driver had parked it up a seemingly impossibly high kerb. I also met him at the ill fated Dunsfold Wheels day about 3 years ago. Seemed a nice chap, hope he's OK.

Fatboy 18
10-17-2017, 02:54 PM
Yea, just checked out some old pics, same registration, the car also had twin red centre stripes at Brands Hatch.

Fatboy 18
10-18-2017, 04:37 AM
The Cat C GTS sold for £18,500!!!!

Gen II Engine with modified block to accept Gen 3 heads and power steering pump.
Custom headers and exhaust, OS Giken rear diff. Pruner CCW Classic wheels. I believe one of those had been damaged then repaired due to a Kerb incident.
Autoform Le mans rear wing.
Toms 40mm rear brake upgrade.

Car has central frame damage at drivers door sill.
No idea who the new owner is, but being an ex club car we know a lot of history.

bozz
10-18-2017, 01:32 PM
The Cat C GTS sold for £18,500!!!!

Gen II Engine with modified block to accept Gen 3 heads and power steering pump.
Custom headers and exhaust, OS Giken rear diff. Pruner CCW Classic wheels. I believe one of those had been damaged then repaired due to a Kerb incident.
Autoform Le mans rear wing.

No idea who the new owner is, but being an ex club car we know a lot of history.

I'm sure it will not be long before you find out who's the purchaser.........Out of interest what would have been the vehicle valuation before the crash?

Fatboy 18
10-18-2017, 02:48 PM
Before crash could be anywhere between mid 30s to mid 40s depending how fast you wished to sell it, bear in mind the modifications, it narrows your market. There's a Blue and White pretty much stock that has been on the market for at least 11 months for £42 with no bites that I know of.

Or it could go the other way, that someone might love all the mods and snap it up at a higher price!

The thing is now, who ever now does the repairs will need to itemise all work undertaken with a photographic record of the rebuild. Otherwise if someone has bought this for a quick turn around will be in for a shock!

Its a Cat C car which is worse than a Cat D!

VIPER BAZ UK
10-19-2017, 02:25 AM
Shame to see.... Strong money for a Cat C with frame damage in that location.... Wonder why it says No Vin on the windscreen.

I'm sure it will pop up soon enough ......

MADMAX
10-20-2017, 11:03 AM
the cat c gts sold for £18,500!!!!

Gen ii engine with modified block to accept gen 3 heads and power steering pump.
Custom headers and exhaust, os giken rear diff. Pruner ccw classic wheels. I believe one of those had been damaged then repaired due to a kerb incident.
Autoform le mans rear wing.

No idea who the new owner is, but being an ex club car we know a "lot of history".

Yes, a lot of history!

Fatboy 18
10-20-2017, 11:54 AM
Yes, a lot of history!

:t1236: Good to see you back Adrian :)

VIPER BAZ UK
10-25-2017, 04:23 PM
He returns........