PDA

View Full Version : Coffee and Rides

Michael
02-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Now that Coffee and Rides (1604 and Blanco) SATX is no more, has anyone thought of an alternative?

I recently learned that every third (3rd) Saturday each month, Dick's Classic Garage Car Museum in San Marcos hosts a Memory Lane kind of "Cruise In" event at their location. There is food/drink, music, and some of the museum collector cars are on display outside. Anyone interested in checking this out?

Address: Intersection of Hunter Road and Stagecoach Trail, San Marcos.
120 Stagecoach Trail, San Marcos, TX 78666.
Phone: (512) 878-2406

TexasTonka
02-06-2014, 02:58 PM
What time Mike?

Michael
02-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Kurt,

I'm going to go visit the establishment and get more information. I'll post what I learn here.
If you want, I could also go out there the 15th of this month, and get an idea and feel for what it is all about. Then we would be better informed if this is really something worth participating in.
If there is interest afterward, perhaps this is something we could do every now and then, maybe once every quarter or so.
Just something else that might be out there.
Mike G.

Michael
02-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Okay,

More info: They are open from 10:00am to 5:00pm every Saturday. These are the normal Saturday operating hours.

However, every third Saturday of the month, they host a Memory Lane Cruise In. It is from 5:00pm to 9:00pm that evening. The museum at that time is free to the public during the evening. There is no cover charge. Additionally, they have food, beverages and entertainment.
I was told people that are coming to the Cruise In with their cars to show, usually start trickling in between 3:30 & 4:00 pm. It actually starts at 5:00pm.
Parking is in the general parking area out front, which having been there before, is quite ample.
We are talking this Saturday, Feb 15th.

I also learned that on March 22nd, which is the 4th Saturday in March, they are hosting an actual car show, wherein attendees register.
They were excited about the possibility of Vipers attending, and advised we would very much be welcomed.
I am going to the Cruise In this Saturday. Probably will get there between 3:30 and 4:00pm. If the weather is nice, will go in the Viper and participate. If the weather is bad, will just go and collect registration data for the March 22nd Car Show.

I think the location is excellent in that it would afford the same distance of driving by both members in San Antonio, as well as members in Austin. This would be a perfect venue for all of us. And I think it would prove to be a fun time to be had by all.